Bodycam footage of SF soldiers ambushed in Niger *WARNING*

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If you are familiar with the ambush in Niger of the handful of SF operators that took place in Oct, they have released some pretty heart-wrenching footage from a bodycam of one of the guys. Im warning you now that this will probably be one of the hardest videos you will ever watch, especially the last 15 seconds. I debated whether I should share it or not but I think it is something everyone needs to see. I was both sad and pissed off after seeing it but these guys went out like true warriors.

https://sofrep.com/100433/breaking-footage-of-isis-ambushing-u-s-special-forces-in-niger/

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If you are familiar with the ambush in Niger of the handful of SF operators that took place in Oct, they have released some pretty heart-wrenching footage from a bodycam of one of the guys. Im warning you now that this will probably be one of the hardest videos you will ever watch, especially the last 15 seconds. I debated whether I should share it or not but I think it is something everyone needs to see. I was both sad and pissed off after seeing it but these guys went out like true warriors.
Damn, ****ing tragic. This pisses me off. RIP to those SF guys.

Do you know if they had a QRF? Should have had that or maybe a cobra gunship on standby. But then again you never know when someone/people are up to no good.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
From what I had read, I think French air support got there right after but it was obviously too late. My buddy told me there is a show called Chain of Command that covered it. Said they took out quite a few of the insurgents but ran out of ammo which is why they just started running rather than bound back. They just couldn't get away.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
From what I had read, I think French air support got there right after but it was obviously too late. My buddy told me there is a show called Chain of Command that covered it. Said they took out quite a few of the insurgents but ran out of ammo which is why they just started running rather than bound back. They just couldn't get away.
It was a team of 4 SF guys right? I read the article, says they took out 21. That's a positive at least.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tongo_Tongo_ambush

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
not watching, and the site that uploaded this should be ashamed. How do you think these peoples family feel about this?
The site I posted from is run by prior sof guys. I doubt they were the original source, but they are able to get stuff most media sources can't. It's touchy but it speaks more about these soldiers than against them. Shows how truly strong they were that they fought til the end.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
in my personal experience, QRF's are anything but. Paperwork has to go from company all the way up to battalion....it can take forever
Negative. Our QRF in Ramadi was ran at the company level. Platoons have their own AO where the squads would patrol. QRF was always on standby when any of the squads were out on patrol. They would have cammies on but can have your boots off, gear right next to you. Kind of like firefighters

Also there is no sound because this video is from the insurgents when they got to the bodies. They made a propaganda video with added screaming and music. SOF edited the video and muted it.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Negative. Our QRF in Ramadi was ran at the company level. Platoons have their own AO where the squads would patrol. QRF was always on standby when any of the squads were out on patrol. They would have cammies on but can have your boots off, gear right next to you. Kind of like firefighters

Also there is no sound because this video is from the insurgents when they got to the bodies. They made a propaganda video with added screaming and music. SOF edited the video and muted it.
That's what I thought of too. It was likely that when we got there they were stripoed of their gear and weapons.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member

Again, I said in my experience. I added that because it happened to me personally while guarding a convoy

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Been a part of an aviation QRF, and it had to be approved by the BN commander first, then the TF commander (2 Star) had launch approval. That was (and still is) SOP in the respective theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread