Bodycam footage of SF soldiers ambushed in Niger *WARNING*

Tunink

Established Member
Seeing this makes moves something in me. I watched it yesterday around noon, proceeded to drink and stayed bothered the rest of the day.

Absolutely shit situation that they shouldn't be in, especially with the lack of support that they really need. If we are going to fight, fight unfairly. Otherwise stay out of it.

This should really make you question US foreign policy, and how groups like ISIS, or their subgroups came to be. Little hint: US foreign policy.

RIP to those operators, and Nigerian soldiers.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Seeing this makes moves something in me. I watched it yesterday around noon, proceeded to drink and stayed bothered the rest of the day.

Absolutely shit situation that they shouldn't be in, especially with the lack of support that they really need. If we are going to fight, fight unfairly. Otherwise stay out of it.

This should really make you question US foreign policy, and how groups like ISIS, or their subgroups came to be. Little hint: US foreign policy.

RIP to those operators, and Nigerian soldiers.

100%

Sad part is it won’t change.

SirShaun

Established Member
RIP to those guys.

Terrorism: The New War on Drugs

As an American I didn't sign up for this bull shit. 9/11 set the mission at kill Osama Bin Laden. Mission accomplished, get the F out.

ISIS is more of a nuisance than anything now. They are too small, too guerilla like, we are accomplishing nothing at this point, unless we are going to do a full force invasion. We are wasting resources at this point.

I almost feel we need to pull back, let the situation escalate, then really handle shit should it materialize.

We are doing it wrong, clearly. Our allies and us as well, are fueling the problem by funding Syrian Rebels. It's like donating money to one of those charities where only 5 cents on the dollar actually goes to helping.

The loss goes deeper than losing a team of special forces operatives. This loss was used as a recruitment tool, strengthening their numbers.

War is a numbers game. The US military isn't designed for guerilla warfare, it's designed for blitzkrieg style wipe with overwhelming force. Can't hit something you can't see. I say let them dig in first.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
RIP to those guys.

Terrorism: The New War on Drugs

As an American I didn't sign up for this bull shit. 9/11 set the mission at kill Osama Bin Laden. Mission accomplished, get the F out.

ISIS is more of a nuisance than anything now. They are too small, too guerilla like, we are accomplishing nothing at this point, unless we are going to do a full force invasion. We are wasting resources at this point.

I almost feel we need to pull back, let the situation escalate, then really handle shit should it materialize.

We are doing it wrong, clearly. Our allies and us as well, are fueling the problem by funding Syrian Rebels. It's like donating money to one of those charities where only 5 cents on the dollar actually goes to helping.

The loss goes deeper than losing a team of special forces operatives. This loss was used as a recruitment tool, strengthening their numbers.

War is a numbers game. The US military isn't designed for guerilla warfare, it's designed for blitzkrieg style wipe with overwhelming force. Can't hit something you can't see. I say let them dig in first.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this. Speaking for myself, I was hoping SecDef Mattis would alter our strategy to something more like what you suggest. But, either his hands are tied, or something else is going on. I know very little about the inner workings of all that.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
I watched it for only one reason, to remember why I went DoD after AF medical discharge and revitalize the reason why I feel lucky enough to be U.S and get my blood boiling a bit again. If I can't go and physically help anymore i'm sure as hell going to be apart of something to help make any solider's safer. In one day 4 Marines I knew all died in the same HMMWV from an IED that I had just BBQed with the weekend before they did another tour. Sadly one thing they always said was, in it to win or go down fighting they're going to die or i'm going out trying. This pisses me off too no end but its a good reminder that all jokes aside WE go out warriors they go out bitches. R.I.P indeed.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Can we just fund the Russians to kill everyone in Syria? Who honestly gives a crap at this point.

What happen to the Nigerian support? The video did not at all match what was originally reported.

God Speed and Witnessed!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't think anyone disagrees with this. Speaking for myself, I was hoping SecDef Mattis would alter our strategy to something more like what you suggest. But, either his hands are tied, or something else is going on. I know very little about the inner workings of all that.
Actually they have...
“Just over a year later, ISIS has been routed from Iraq and Syria with an ease and speed that's surprised even the men and women who carried out the mission. Experts say it's a prime example of a campaign promise kept. President Trump scrapped his predecessor’s rules of engagement, which critics say hamstrung the military, and let battlefield decisions be made by the generals in the theater, and not bureaucrats in Washington.”

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
It’s ****en sad but those soldiers gave those pieces of shit hell and sent many to hell also. May they rest RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread