Bone stock 12' 5.0 6sp on stock tires 1/8 mile

shoaf85

Established Member
I had my C6 at the track making some passes saturday and my buddy wanted me to run his brand new 5.0! Ive been outta the Ford game for a while but knew these new 5.0's are no joke! Anyways made a couple passes and figured out what the car liked with the stock tires! 4500rpm slow clutch release.... netted me a 1.84 60' and a 8.04 @ 89 mph! This car is completely stock, he a had a buddy weld on some magnaflow mufflers to the stock tailpipes until he decides which route he is taking with the car! But I seriously doubt there was any performance gain from this! Im impressed, what do these cars typically run on stock tires????

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQJ2RL-o3Gg"]2012 5.0 Mustang GT 8.0@89 1/8 mile dragstrip - YouTube[/nomedia]

Just for the vette guys trolling around here is the pass of my bolt on C6!
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICTlS_drl4E&feature=colike"]Bolt on C6 7.2@96 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

CoreyHM1

Established Member
Hey look, its me.. not getting staged! LOL

Car ran good! I think these 3.73s killed me, and I couldn't get traction that day. What gears are in the cs?

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
Very nice pass! Excellent 60' on the stock tires. These new stangs run very well. At some point, I would like the opportunity to run one also.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Awsome. It looks like my father will be getting a 2012 5.0 delivered in the near future. I can't wait to take it for a spin.

You can't beat an 89 stock mph trap in a car that has an MSRP of under 30k.:beer:

GARY2004Z06

Established Member
Hey Gary, do you trailer your black z06 to atco all the time? Ccw drag pack wheels?

Not all of the time. It's about an hour and ten minutes for me. I have driven down on skinnies and changed the rears out. I have also driven down on the slicks. I've gotten 3 holes in my tires already, 2 at Etown and 1 at Atco. The trailer gives a comfort level. Hope to hit Atco soon to meet up with some of you guys.

malibu78

Established Member
I had my C6 at the track making some passes saturday and my buddy wanted me to run his brand new 5.0! Ive been outta the Ford game for a while but knew these new 5.0's are no joke! Anyways made a couple passes and figured out what the car liked with the stock tires! 4500rpm slow clutch release.... netted me a 1.84 60' and a 8.04 @ 89 mph! This car is completely stock, he a had a buddy weld on some magnaflow mufflers to the stock tailpipes until he decides which route he is taking with the car! But I seriously doubt there was any performance gain from this! Im impressed, what do these cars typically run on stock tires????

2012 5.0 Mustang GT 8.0@89 1/8 mile dragstrip - YouTube

Just for the vette guys trolling around here is the pass of my bolt on C6!
Bolt on C6 7.2@96 - YouTube

Nice run in the stang. I know its your buddy's car and you didn't want to pound it too bad, however, it you would have power shifted the 1-2 and 3-4 you may have picked up another tenth or two. Regardless that time converts to 12.48 in the quarter pretty impressive. Now that vette simply rocks. What do you have done and it sounded like an A6?

Users who are viewing this thread