Bone stock 300A 2015 GT run!

nycarpenter

Established Member
I'm sure the 15 is crippled by a restrictive exhaust, Tires that can be put on production cars, sandbagged tune and soft bushings but so was the 03/04 Cobra if you remember. Only a matter of time before the 15 gets the parts in needs to shine. Remember guys this was a global launch and Big Blue needed to make the car more everyone friendly buy it is only a matter of time before the nasty comes out :)

Last edited:

old_goat

Established Member
I'm sure the 15 is crippled by a restrictive exhaust, Tires that can be put on production cars, sandbagged tune and soft bushings but so was the 03/04 Cobra if you remember. Only a matter of time before the 15 gets the parts in needs to shine. Remember guys this was a global launch and Big Blue needed to make the car more everyone friendly buy it is only a matter of time before the nasty comes out :)

Then why was the 2011-2014 Mustang GTs nasty to begin with?

nycarpenter

Established Member
Then why was the 2011-2014 Mustang GTs nasty to begin with?

The 11-14 car was not a global car! I own a 14 so don't think I'm a hater as that is not the case. The 11-14 car could never have been a global launched car and for that matter I'm not sure the 15 will have appeal in other markets.

Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member
The 11-14 car was not a global car! I own a 14 so don't think I'm a hater as that is not the case. The 11-14 car could never have been launched in other countries and for that matter I'm not sure the 15 will have appeal in other markets. Guys here want a track car off the showroom floor but in the real world it would cost a fortune and they would lose huge market share. Lets face it the Shelby cost $65,000 and still needs plenty of aftermarket parts to help it along.

Last edited:

old_goat

Established Member
The 11-14 car was not a global car!

The 11-14 car was not a global car!

Dude, you don't need to attempt to 'dumb it down for me' with the exclamation point after your first sentence on two different replies...........nor do you need attempt to lecture me. I'm not a hater either, however I'm not (at this point) impressed. Being unimpressed is not equivalent to being a 'hater'.

Frankly I could care less whether it's a GLOBAL CAR!!!!!!!!! or not. I'm in the market for what is a fun car for me, and I could care less whether it's a fun car on a global basis or not.

Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member
Dude, you don't need to attempt to 'dumb it down for me' with the exclamation point after your first sentence on two different replies...........nor do you need attempt to lecture me. I'm not a hater either, however I'm not (at this point) impressed. Being unimpressed is not equivalent to being a 'hater'.

Frankly I could care less whether it's a GLOBAL CAR!!!!!!!!! or not. I'm in the market for what is a fun car for me, and I could care less whether it's a fun car on a global basis or not.

The car is way to new form me to form my opinion. Ford did what they felt they had to do and now the aftermarket guys will take over and try to step it up. It has been in the general populations hands for a week there will be a learning curve and growing pains but I think it will get there This is JMHO not trying to lecture anyone.

Last edited:

Marty Staggs

Twin Boost
Established Member
I'm sure the 15 is crippled by a restrictive exhaust

I would definitely agree.
I have already had the car up on the rack and was quite surprised to find that the entire exhaust systems is all 2 1/4".
Between the exhaust sizing, resonator and then mufflers, she seems quite choked up.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member

Agreed. Im sure all that time not revealing that power figure was them finding the coyote they developed ran an honest 490+ hp. They needed to detune it and add a few things. Im sure you'll see a good 450 rwhp with a few bolt ons.

ArabianOak

Established Member
yes...you guys should do some searching around. Catback without a tune is giving most guys 35-40RWHP. Combine that with headers, intake and a custom tune and I could easily see hitting 450-470RWHP.

04nccobra

Established Member
I see it wasn't stock...

"DR on stock 18s, weld front wheels, passenger seat removed and trunk lining removed."

Not impressed. Wasn't the 11-14 capable of this number on stock rubber and good D/A? The new Scat Pack is clicking off 12:20s on street rubber.

Branhammer

Established Member
Not impressed. Wasn't the 11-14 capable of this number on stock rubber and good D/A? The new Scat Pack is clicking off 12:20s on street rubber.

The scat pack costs over $38k. Apples to oranges. The only challenger at the same price point as the base GT is the base R/T. I think we know what happens in that comparison.

Mods aside, a 12.6 is a good run. With a good 60' time a bone stock GT could run a 12.7 I bet, considering the mags are already running 12.8's.

04nccobra

Established Member
The scat pack costs over $38k. Apples to oranges. The only challenger at the same price point as the base GT is the base R/T. I think we know what happens in that comparison.

Mods aside, a 12.6 is a good run. With a good 60' time a bone stock GT could run a 12.7 I bet, considering the mags are already running 12.8's.

Listen you can spin this anyway you like but we both know not many Mustang buyers are going to simply buy the base car with no options. Most GTs sold will be 38-42k. Lets put asside the Scat Pack since it wouldn't even be a competative race. Take a base 2010-2015 LS3 or L99 Camaro, add lightweight wheels and DRs and I bet it would run the same number. Progress?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Listen you can spin this anyway you like but we both know not many Mustang buyers are going to simply buy the base car with no options. Most GTs sold will be 38-42k. Lets put asside the Scat Pack since it wouldn't even be a competative race. Take a base 2010-2015 LS3 or L99 Camaro, add lightweight wheels and DRs and I bet it would run the same number. Progress?

Doesn't that same logic apply for the scat pack guys? Most people who are going to spend over 40K on a vehicle will want to add leather to it.

And the LS3/L99 auto record is 12.7@108, with a better 60' than Kelly had. I don't see them picking up 4 mph and .1 with a worse 60' in a worse DA by dropping 120lbs but filling the tank with 115lbs of fuel..

And as for the progress thing, just poke around, read what the guys who have driven this car have to say. Motortrend made it sound like it has no improvement but everyone else absolutely adores this thing.

Branhammer

Established Member

I think there will be plenty of base GTs sold. I know I'm not the only person on here that will get one. A lot us don't care about bells and whistles and definitely aren't willing to pay $6k for leather and gadgets. I know a few guys off the top of my head, besides myself, who are going from an old car/non-sports car to a base 2015 GT, because for us, it's a HUGE upgrade even without any of the options. Not everyone is simply going from a 2014 to a 2015.

And you can spin it anyway you like, but we both know that there is no price difference between the 2014 and 2015 (besides maybe $900). A 2014 premium with a lot of options cost no less than a similarly equipped 2015. I know you aren't comparing Mustangs, but a lot of people on here are acting like these price points are new for 2015, and they aren't.

Branhammer

Established Member
And as for the progress thing, just poke around, read what the guys who have driven this car have to say. Motortrend made it sound like it has no improvement but everyone else absolutely adores this thing.

That's because MT hates and has always hated the Mustang. They will do anything to put it down. The Mustang could beat the Camaro in each and every test and MT would still give Chevy the win because they like the look better.

Users who are viewing this thread