Bone stock 300A 2015 GT run!

04nccobra

Established Member
Doesn't that same logic apply for the scat pack guys? Most people who are going to spend over 40K on a vehicle will want to add leather to it.

And the LS3/L99 auto record is 12.7@108, with a better 60' than Kelly had. I don't see them picking up 4 mph and .1 with a worse 60' in a worse DA by dropping 120lbs but filling the tank with 115lbs of fuel..

And as for the progress thing, just poke around, read what the guys who have driven this car have to say. Motortrend made it sound like it has no improvement but everyone else absolutely adores this thing.

Close but the L99 running 12:70s was running stock rubber. Do you not think that the addition of lightweight wheels and DRs would not give the car atleast another tenth or two reduction in E/T? The cars would be dead even. Maybe the times will get better for the S550 but right now it just doesn't look good.

As to the Progress thing, sure it drives better, handles better, and is more comfortable, but the things that really matter didn't improve enough to beat the competition. I think everyone in this forum was expecting more. Ford simply didn't deliver. Maybe they didn't want to show all their cards until the 2016 Camaro rolls out?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Rev Auto got much faster. JLT CAI, tune, tires. Performance pack. No weight reduction. 11.873 @117.38.

attachment.php

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Its just funny all of these people claiming the sky is falling and talking about how fast a Camaro is stock. Well here in S. FL...real world, I have watch 14's Camaro's run 13's....a lot. Ask how I know ? My good bud has a brand new 14 with a CAI, and it runs 13's @ 109. He is not new to racing either as his old Camaro ran low 11's and in the 10's on spray.

The new Mustangs are running fine. Very few people who go to the track go bone stock. PERIOD. At the least most will have tires, tune, and a CAI. That is just the way it is. Just like the car above me. That is what I want to see run. All of this bone stock crap is just that at the track. Crap.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
but the things that really matter didn't improve enough to beat the competition.

I guess that begs the question.. Do we buy these to break records stock or do we buy these to have fun?

Take a 20 minute spin in a FR-S/BR-Z, Fiesta ST, or Focus ST and you'll immediately notice you don't need to be going fast to have fun. Ford made a faster car (seems about even to the old car in a straight line), but made it more fun and refined.

rrg9946

Established Member
Close but the L99 running 12:70s was running stock rubber. Do you not think that the addition of lightweight wheels and DRs would not give the car atleast another tenth or two reduction in E/T? The cars would be dead even. Maybe the times will get better for the S550 but right now it just doesn't look good.

As to the Progress thing, sure it drives better, handles better, and is more comfortable, but the things that really matter didn't improve enough to beat the competition. I think everyone in this forum was expecting more. Ford simply didn't deliver. Maybe they didn't want to show all their cards until the 2016 Camaro rolls out?

You should really re-read your post. "The things that really matter"? And so handling, & driveability do not matter? So once again we are back to the straight line is the only thing that matters argument. I'm lost?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread