BONE STOCK - What clutch do I buy?

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Ok, not bone stock, but might as well be since the only power mods are a CAI and Cat-Back and no plans for a pulley etc. About 33,000 miles and getting about the time to replace the clutch. Replace with OEM? After market? Which one?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
First i'm curious why your clutch would have only lasted for 33k on stock power.

And even tho much more expensive, twin discs have such a light pedal feel I think they are worth the price of admission at any power level.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Clutch is not gone. Last year when it was in the shop, about 3,000 miles ago, the tech said a new clutch was in my future so I figured better to get the education now. How many miles should I expect from a clutch on a stock ride that does not see the track

hotcobra03

Established Member
Clutch is not gone. Last year when it was in the shop, about 3,000 miles ago, the tech said a new clutch was in my future so I figured better to get the education now. How many miles should I expect from a clutch on a stock ride that does not see the track
after seeing mine I can say
if driven properly,it may last the whole time you own car..

I did track for first 3 yrs..just straight rus as you would from a red light.

I do not downshift to slow down as I did with every other car I had with stick..all of those were lucky to see 40k before slipping..

here is a pic of new ford..next to 365k mile clutch.

20150314_173332.jpg

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread