Boost ? for coyote

mjc1055

Established Member
How are the stock blocks holding up in Houston with 650-700+ HP? Just curious.

building on this question, is there a general accepted amount of power the stock blocks are known to be good until? i realize all dynos are different, the tune directly affects longevity, etc, but what's a good/safe number?

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
I've had my car 2 a little over years, about 600rwhp for almost a year and knocking on 700 for almost a year. I wouldn't worry to much as long as you aren't tuned extremely dangerous.

Now if you guys are so worried about it blowing don't mess with the damn thing. It goes back to "you gotta pay to play"

Juiced 66

Established Member
I remember everyone saying 600 was crazy way back when.. Now it seems like 700 is the number. Of the ones that I know of down here that have good tunes, not one of them has blown a motor yet.

KalEl370

Established Member
I've had my car 2 a little over years, about 600rwhp for almost a year and knocking on 700 for almost a year. I wouldn't worry to much as long as you aren't tuned extremely dangerous.

Now if you guys are so worried about it blowing don't mess with the damn thing. It goes back to "you gotta pay to play"

Very nice! I'm not worried, I have the funds to rebuild if she goes, just curious. I'm at 622rwhp for about 2 months. I don't drive her too much, but when I do, I gotta feel that boost and get on it. Thanks for the input.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Very nice! I'm not worried, I have the funds to rebuild if she goes, just curious. I'm at 622rwhp for about 2 months. I don't drive her too much, but when I do, I gotta feel that boost and get on it. Thanks for the input.

That's awesome the mt-82 are the weak point in this car tho.

Def ate up clutches like it was going outta style tho then finally the synchros let go. i was racing 1-2 nights a week tho and cutting 1.4 60' on the bottle. But auto now.

KalEl370

Established Member
That's awesome the mt-82 are the weak point in this car tho.

Def ate up clutches like it was going outta style tho then finally the synchros let go. i was racing 1-2 nights a week tho and cutting 1.4 60' on the bottle. But auto now.

I've been told the MT82 is the weak point also, oh well, maybe a magnum XL swap is in my future if it breaks. So far it's doing ok, I'm still on the stock clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread