Boost ? for coyote

Buster

Established Member
Your on e85 correct? I'm going to add a lb of boost I think. I have yet to run my car at 713whp that I made. Its being retuned right now. Had issue and my big tune file got corrupted. When loaded it last at track it acted crazy. But I still went 6.62@104 on my 620whp tune with slicks and a 1.43 60ft.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Damn, that's a good ET considering only 620 HP, the 1.43 60s makes all the difference. Did you try the hoosier 275/60's? I am running E85, hopefully the E85 keeps the stocker together for awhile.

wnt2gofst

Banned
Damn, that's a good ET considering only 620 HP, the 1.43 60s makes all the difference. Did you try the hoosier 275/60's? I am running E85, hopefully the E85 keeps the stocker together for awhile.

I was on a MT slick. 28x10.5. Left off the convertor.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
If someone sends me their .DRF of their TVS we can overlay them. Mine was dyno'd at 6.5 psi (Denver, CO), SAE corrected at over 600 horsepower and 480 ft lbs. Uncorrected was 500/400. Would be interested to see.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
If someone sends me their .DRF of their TVS we can overlay them. Mine was dyno'd at 6.5 psi (Denver, CO), SAE corrected at over 600 horsepower and 480 ft lbs. Uncorrected was 500/400. Would be interested to see.

What PSI should that pulley you used see at sea level? I have a drf of my car with a 79mm pulley and JLT CAI which should be about 10 lbs at sea level. I assume yours was a 10 lb sea level pulley as well?

JerryC

Established Member
I dont have a place to host pics but my dyno chart has been posted around before. On the first tune from VMP with a 82mm pulley and a K&N filter in the airbox it hit 440ft/lbs at 2200rpm. Peaked at 497, stayed 450 or over from 2500 to 6000. Stock everything but the TVS kit and VMP tune.

wnt2gofst

Banned
I dont have a place to host pics but my dyno chart has been posted around before. On the first tune from VMP with a 82mm pulley and a K&N filter in the airbox it hit 440ft/lbs at 2200rpm. Peaked at 497, stayed 450 or over from 2500 to 6000. Stock everything but the TVS kit and VMP tune.

So less then my centri did? How much boost did you see?

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
So less then my centri did? How much boost did you see?

On a different chart, the one with numbers I posted only had HP/TQ on it, made the same day it says peak at 12.2 . It ran 9 throuigh the pull with a blip to 12.2 at around 6k drops and rises again just before shut off at 6700. On my aeroforce I've never seen 10, but I quit watching it when it's in third gear. My thought is that 12.2 is some kind of measurement anomaly I don't think a PD is going to suddenly gain 3+ lbs of boost. I wasnt there for the pulls they were done right after the install, don't know why they shut dpown at 6700.

I was dissapointed by the dyno numbers at 524/497, but it delivered at the track and to me that's what counts.

I left off one other mod, roush axle backs. People say that they dont add HP but I wanted to make sure I got all facts straight.

I think I've seen your dyno but i dont remember the details, yours is making more than 440 at 2200 or peak or both?

corepwn

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that mathematically it will be impossible for a centri to have the same amount of tq down low as a PD blower. The boost on a PD blower is static from idle to WOT where as the Centri produces boost linearly peaking at the highest RPM.

At 2200RPM the Centri isn't going to be producing anywhere near the amount of boost as the PD blower so it's tq/hp should be lower. This is why the centri's generally depend on a larger stall converter to put them into a stronger area of the curve.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
What PSI should that pulley you used see at sea level? I have a drf of my car with a 79mm pulley and JLT CAI which should be about 10 lbs at sea level. I assume yours was a 10 lb sea level pulley as well?

That was on the stock 3.8" pulley. It sees about 8 psi here at sea level.

wnt2gofst

Banned
On a different chart, the one with numbers I posted only had HP/TQ on it, made the same day it says peak at 12.2 . It ran 9 throuigh the pull with a blip to 12.2 at around 6k drops and rises again just before shut off at 6700. On my aeroforce I've never seen 10, but I quit watching it when it's in third gear. My thought is that 12.2 is some kind of measurement anomaly I don't think a PD is going to suddenly gain 3+ lbs of boost. I wasnt there for the pulls they were done right after the install, don't know why they shut dpown at 6700.

I was dissapointed by the dyno numbers at 524/497, but it delivered at the track and to me that's what counts.

I left off one other mod, roush axle backs. People say that they dont add HP but I wanted to make sure I got all facts straight.

I think I've seen your dyno but i dont remember the details, yours is making more than 440 at 2200 or peak or both?
397272_2873867443507_1778539432_n.jpg

This is with a boss intake. From what seeing it will make a little more tq down low with a stock intake.

Last edited:

JerryC

Established Member
Sweet! Great numbers! CAI or airbox.

I've read that a CAI will bump HP a lot on mine at the cost of some torque. Problem is that I'd need injectors for that too.

Last edited:

grnenvy

Established Member
Yes

:)

I'm pretty sure that mathematically it will be impossible for a centri to have the same amount of tq down low as a PD blower. The boost on a PD blower is static from idle to WOT where as the Centri produces boost linearly peaking at the highest RPM.

At 2200RPM the Centri isn't going to be producing anywhere near the amount of boost as the PD blower so it's tq/hp should be lower. This is why the centri's generally depend on a larger stall converter to put them into a stronger area of the curve.

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

The only reason bigger intakes make more pwr is due to the fact that a factory air box becomes restrictive. The factory box and TVS lid becomes restrictive at around 9-10psi maybe more. U install someones big intake of course it will make more pwr you will gain 1-2lbs of boost. But at 8-10lbs boost the factory box is fine. Plus on pump gas u can only run 9-10 safely and u can do that with a 82mm pulley. Now if u want the big pwr do the intake and even smaller pulley.

Sweet! Great numbers! CAI or airbox.

I've read that a CAI will bump HP a lot on mine at the cost of some torque. Problem is that I'd need injectors for that too.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Auto GT = TVS/Roush/KB/Whipple

6spd GT = D1/Paxton/Vortech.

^the mt82 has a better chance of survival with a centri over the other blowers.

I still think that a full exhaust, cai, and a 150 shot will outperform an 8-10psi sc'd setup.

JerryC

Established Member
The only reason bigger intakes make more pwr is due to the fact that a factory air box becomes restrictive. The factory box and TVS lid becomes restrictive at around 9-10psi maybe more. U install someones big intake of course it will make more pwr you will gain 1-2lbs of boost. But at 8-10lbs boost the factory box is fine. Plus on pump gas u can only run 9-10 safely and u can do that with a 82mm pulley. Now if u want the big pwr do the intake and even smaller pulley.

I've got the 79mm on there now. When I had the stock axle backs on for a while the air going into the airbox sounded like a giant vacuum :)

Users who are viewing this thread