Boost ? for coyote

Buster

Established Member
Auto GT = TVS/Roush/KB/Whipple

6spd GT = D1/Paxton/Vortech.

^the mt82 has a better chance of survival with a centri over the other blowers.

I still think that a full exhaust, cai, and a 150 shot will outperform an 8-10psi sc'd setup.

6spd = Turbo or TVS
Auto = Anything works.

A centri is the very last power adder I'd put on a 6spd car.

Buster

Established Member

lol, you know the answer. The power curve of a centrifugal is fine with a loose converter, but with a manual its not ideal. A properly size turbo would be my choice. On my 03 cobra I first had a procharger that made 620 RWHP ran 12's, then a whipple with 620 RWHP ran 11's, then added 75 shot to the whipple and ran 10.9's, then went 76mm turbo/no juice and ran 10.0's with 670 RWHP.

Yes, I know In race trim JPC has done very well with the paxton and manual but thats a bit different IMO.

Last edited:

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
As this is currently my dd, I don't want to add a stall. Currently, I have tune/o-r x, and gt500 AB. I'd like to stay that way and add some complementing suspension mods like lcas and possibly cj rear springs and leave my sportlines on front. I'm also considering 3.55 gears as recommended by a guy on here...and just add blower. I think at this point I'm headed the tvs route. I don't plan on going past 9-10#, until a year or two down the road. Hopefully this plan comes together in the near future. Turned out to be an informative thread...thanks to all who contributed.
Albeit, the Paxton is still very tempting. For you paxton guys on 10#, when do you start feeling strong pull? 4k(stock intake-I don't want to take my stock block past 7200k)?

Last edited:

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
Guys,

How would the Paxton and TVS compare with the Whipple 2.9L or K. Bell 2.8L, lets say at 6-10 pounds of boost??

ALso, What supporting mods does an automatic 13 with 3:73 gears need to go high 9s with either the 2.8L kenne bell or 2.9L whipple on the Stock motor?

This thread is very good and informative for new coyote owners like me.
Thank you!!:beer:

corruptor

Established Member
So far this is an informative thread,especially because I'm contemplating building my motor or going Aluminator. Let's not turn it into another PD vs centri thread.

wnt2gofst

Banned
1000sae.jpg

I hate you...LOL

I be in Ohio in fee weeks. Dayton area I think I need see this car in person...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

wnt2gofst

Banned
Found issue on my car. Its been fixed.
4a9u5u6a.jpg

It came loose after bottoming car loose. Caused some crazy readings and timing to be pulled. Also messed up maf. But as said all fixed now.

Any way put car on dyno to fatten the a/f some. Car made 680whp/546wtq. With same 11lbs boost. And 18.5* timing. Only difference is I had heavy ass 20" rims on instead of my 15" racestars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

grnenvy

Established Member
Not real sure how much more we can talk about this?
But when I was looking for a pwr adder I wanted something that would get me to 100mph the fastest without alot more mods. I know from many years of racing that the positve displacent blower would give me that. I started out back in 1990 with a Compucar nitrous system on my 5.0 but got real tired of filling bottles. Nos is great but when running a 150 shot the bottles only last about 4-5 strong runs. If or when I use it now I use it for intercooling my supercharger and when using a 50 shot the bottle last a long time.

History.
Around the same time Paxton came out with there EFI kit for the Mustang and if my memory is right Vortech was next. It was a battle for many years which one was better every year new impeller designs were introduced with more airflow. My budy had the ball bearing drive Paxton and I had one of the first 100 oil fed A trims released. They were the fun days at Atco and Englishtown! This is were it all started boys.

Then a couple years after that the PD blower was available. They were very small in displacement no one used them. They had no way to intercool them and were limited to boost. Basically they Sucked.

Then Ford came out with a fast pickup the Lightening. It had a intercooled PD on it WOW !
That started it all for the PD blowers. KB got involved even more and others followed. The PD became bigger better and more efficent with the intercooling. You can't go wrong with any of the kits avaliable I just like the PD blowers for the street.

The fastest cars in the World run SuperChargers and there Positive Displacement no one can argue with that. They make over 5,000hp instantly and run 4 sec at over 300mph in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited:

corepwn

Established Member
Guys,

How would the Paxton and TVS compare with the Whipple 2.9L or K. Bell 2.8L, lets say at 6-10 pounds of boost??

ALso, What supporting mods does an automatic 13 with 3:73 gears need to go high 9s with either the 2.8L kenne bell or 2.9L whipple on the Stock motor?

This thread is very good and informative for new coyote owners like me.
Thank you!!:beer:

It's pretty hard to say. The KB and Whipple blowers you listed are larger displacement than the TVS, but just like every other blower mentioned are limited by the stock engine internals.

What I can say is that it seems to be very rare to find track results for the KB or Whipple cars, where as it's hard to find a TVS only auto running slower than 10s.

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
It's pretty hard to say. The KB and Whipple blowers you listed are larger displacement than the TVS, but just like every other blower mentioned are limited by the stock engine internals.

What I can say is that it seems to be very rare to find track results for the KB or Whipple cars, where as it's hard to find a TVS only auto running slower than 10s.

That is exactly why I was wondering how much more power/tq would the Whipple and K.B. make per lb of boost compared to the TVS and Paxton(up to 10-12lbs) to see if the salty 7-8k price is really worth it.
Could also be one of the reasons we see only a few cars running with the twin screws in videos and out there. oh, well..

I heard that the automatics are running 15lbs to run high 9s with a very conservative tune so they don't blow up in 400 meters.
Probably, 15lbs with the TVS or twin screw charger would put even more stress on the motor than with a centrifugal.. What do you think?
What would an auto run at 15lbs with a KB or whipple in your opinion?

Buster

Established Member
That is exactly why I was wondering how much more power/tq would the Whipple and K.B. make per lb of boost compared to the TVS and Paxton(up to 10-12lbs) to see if the salty 7-8k price is really worth it.
Could also be one of the reasons we see only a few cars running with the twin screws in videos and out there. oh, well..

I heard that the automatics are running 15lbs to run high 9s with a very conservative tune so they don't blow up in 400 meters.
Probably, 15lbs with the TVS or twin screw charger would put even more stress on the motor than with a centrifugal.. What do you think?
What would an auto run at 15lbs with a KB or whipple in your opinion?

I think Manny ran high 9s with a Kenne Bell at 15 PSI, very similar mph to the paxton cars at 15 PSI. The only power adder thats really going to out perform the others at the same boost level is a properly sized turbo kit.

Juiced 66

Established Member
Well, I'll be bolting up my paxton on my 6 speed car here in the next couple of days. Down here in Houston we have a lot of 5.0's with prochargers and paxtons making way over 700rwhp and with a good driver they are going very low 10's. My goal is 750 on the stock motor and hopefully a 9 second slip. I know the stock trans wont last but hopefully itll get me by till the spring time.

KalEl370

Established Member
Well, I'll be bolting up my paxton on my 6 speed car here in the next couple of days. Down here in Houston we have a lot of 5.0's with prochargers and paxtons making way over 700rwhp and with a good driver they are going very low 10's. My goal is 750 on the stock motor and hopefully a 9 second slip. I know the stock trans wont last but hopefully itll get me by till the spring time.

How are the stock blocks holding up in Houston with 650-700+ HP? Just curious.

Users who are viewing this thread