Boost gauge

Dcrypter

Established Member

What kind of works are we talking about? Plug n play?
How was the swap?
Pictures?
Does the my color work as expected?
Was that part number for an entire instrument cluster or just the boost?
Did you have to swap the entire cluster or were you able to just drop the boost gauge in?

You really know how to keep people in suspense...

I talked to my dealer today and they said that part number was for the entire ecoboost gauge cluster(speedo, rpm, oil, boost) but i'm going to give them a call tomorrow when their aftermarket guy is back at the office and see if he can find me the part number for just the boost gauge. Honestly if this works though I don't care if i get a few extra gauges out of the deal.

gqneon

Established Member
I ordered the part number in my post and disassbled my dash in anticipation of its arrival. 16 clips, then 4 torx screws to pull the 2 gauge module from it, one plug connector runs both gauges apparently. No vacuum lines present, so definitely an electronic signal gauge. Will update if and when it arrives and what happens next. I took pictures of mine for comparison when its done but can apparently only post hyperlinks.

Last edited:

Dcrypter

Established Member
I ordered the part number in my post and disassbled my dash in anticipation of its arrival. 16 clips, then 4 torx screws to pull the 2 gauge module from it, one plug connector runs both gauges apparently. No vacuum lines present, so definitely an electronic signal gauge. With update if it arrives and what happens next. I took pictures of mine for comparison when its done but can apparently only post hyperlinks.

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Shit Anthony! Cmon man. More info!

Part number, pics, what did you do to take dash apart and swap it? Any steps not go well?

Does it show boost and vac and work exactly like stock with my color and all?

gqneon

Established Member
Ok, so here's what I learned after giving two parts guys a heart attack. The part number I posted is right, the "A" version is the old part number and the C is the new one. They're direct from Ford parts only, and I didn't need a VIN or mileage to order it.

The bad: Thy're on backorder until the end of July at least. So I paid to get my order in line, but it's going to be a while. Guess I'm rocking the stock gauge for a while. I'm gonna put my dash back together and try not to break it when I have to take it apart again. I realized the removal instructions are about as simple as simple is, but I cringe EVERY time I hear a creak and every time each of those 16 clips pops free, waiting for a crease, crack, bend, or break to happen. That whole piece is EXPENSIVE.

16 clips, I 'm thinking I might put about 3 of em back till July gets here lol. I'll get pictures together when I get the gauge in, but as of now, its ordered (back-ordered). If anyone knows a place that ISN'T on backorder with them, please let me know!

Zemedici

Established Member
Ok, so here's what I learned after giving two parts guys a heart attack. The part number I posted is right, the "A" version is the old part number and the C is the new one. They're direct from Ford parts only, and I didn't need a VIN or mileage to order it.

The bad: Thy're on backorder until the end of July at least. So I paid to get my order in line, but it's going to be a while. Guess I'm rocking the stock gauge for a while. I'm gonna put my dash back together and try not to break it when I have to take it apart again. I realized the removal instructions are about as simple as simple is, but I cringe EVERY time I hear a creak and every time each of those 16 clips pops free, waiting for a crease, crack, bend, or break to happen. That whole piece is EXPENSIVE.

16 clips, I 'm thinking I might put about 3 of em back till July gets here lol. I'll get pictures together when I get the gauge in, but as of now, its ordered (back-ordered). If anyone knows a place that ISN'T on backorder with them, please let me know!

EDIT:

They are indeed on backorder until 7/14. However, the PDC is set to release ~45 pieces on 6/18. Have your dealer upgrade your order to Emergency status (basically telling Ford that they have a vehicle down in the shop and need it asap) and you should get it within 2 weeks of now.

Last edited:

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
The new clips they use suck.. they are plastic and I cringed the first time I took one apart.. you may order some clips to have also.. they either staying the dash or break.. also you're in the Dallas area.. i have a good relationship with a local parts dept.. if you ever need anything else let me know.. I do a lot of work with the dealers so they know me.. and will upgrade orders for me in order to get them faster.. did it for me when the mustang TPMS were on national back order.. had mine in a week..

Last edited:

gqneon

Established Member
The new clips they use suck.. they are plastic and I cringed the first time I took one apart.. you may order some clips to have also.. they either staying the dash or break.. also you're in the Dallas area.. i have a good relationship with a local parts dept.. if you ever need anything else let me know.. I do a lot of work with the dealers so they know me.. and will upgrade orders for me in order to get them faster.. did it for me when the mustang TPMS were on national back order.. had mine in a week..

Disregard - I checked with the dealer I ordered from and its already on emergency status because of it being backordered and vehicle down basically. I don't want to short the parts guy who helped me - not fair to him. I will hit you up about future stuff first though if you're cool with that. I appreciate you offering up the help on it!

EDIT:

They are indeed on backorder until 7/14. However, the PDC is set to release ~45 pieces on 6/18. Have your dealer upgrade your order to Emergency status (basically telling Ford that they have a vehicle down in the shop and need it asap) and you should get it within 2 weeks of now.

Double checked and it's in that status now - I guess my guy knew the score and set it for me already, which is awesome. It's always cool when you get better service than you come to expect somewhere.

Last edited:

gqneon

Established Member
FR3Z 10849-C
I believe this to be the correct part number and gambled $250 to find out if I'm right. Should know in about 6 weeks apparently, hopefully sooner.

Zemedici

Established Member
FR3Z 10849-C
I believe this to be the correct part number and gambled $250 to find out if I'm right. Should know in about 6 weeks apparently, hopefully sooner.

that's right, and if your parts guy did indeed upgrade to emergency status you should have it week after next.

gqneon

Established Member
That would be great, I've got my dash apart waiting for it to get here, but its kind of funny: I didn't think I looked at my oil pressure or vacuum gauge that much until I removed them. Now all I do is stare at the empty spot where they were.

Zemedici

Established Member
That would be great, I've got my dash apart waiting for it to get here, but its kind of funny: I didn't think I looked at my oil pressure or vacuum gauge that much until I removed them. Now all I do is stare at the empty spot where they were.

I look at my girl's vacuum gauge constantly when I'm driving her car. So I know what you mean :D

Anthony K

Established Member
Anthony K where did you order yours without a core charge so I can buy mine? You are the man. Best news I've had all day today

Sorry for delay. I don't get emails for some reason.
And couldn't post for a while. Something was wrong. Fixed by Sid now.

Yea. I plugged it in and it worked.

no core charge for me.

I have a gt350 gauge pack here I'm gonna try this week.

I believe it will work as well. It's pulling info from the canbus

Last edited:

gqneon

Established Member
Outstanding! I have one ordered but they haven't charged my credit card apparently. If anyone has a hookup with one in stock pm me I'll get it bought right now!

gqneon

Established Member
I don't know if it has the wiring behind the dash for it, or the holes, you'd need the whole $1800 part I would imagine if the wiring is there. I'd but a gauge pod if that's the deal. Also there a third vent in the middle behind the dash panel you'd have to cut out or modify to makes it work, so really I'm not sure it would work out very well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread