Border Patrol Agent Causes Accident..blames civilian

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Here is a cute little tidbit for you guys...

"While the rate of police officers officially charged with murder is only 1.06% higher than the current general population murder rate, if excessive force complaints involving fatalities were prosecuted as murder the murder rate for law enforcement officers would exceed the general population murder rate by 472%"

Ofcourse Dave this is all made up and full of half truths because you personally have never had any dealings with crooked LEOs.. They are all super heroes that shoot rainbows from their ass and spit gum drops at children while fighting crime riding a majestic armored unicorn.

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Did you want to post up facts to discredit mine? Or should we just continue with the hyperbole, sarcasm and witty back and forth banter?

If you worked for a police department, you'd know they receive hundreds of complaints in a years time. Only a small percentage are actually legitimate complaints from the public. Now either the "corrupt" police departments are sweeping the complaints under the rug, or the public is full of shit and there's no merit to their complaint to begin with.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
If you worked for a police department, you'd know they receive hundreds of complaints in a years time. Only a small percentage are actually legitimate complaints from the public. Now either the "corrupt" police departments are sweeping the complaints under the rug, or the public is full of shit and there's no merit to their complaint to begin with.

Alex I'll take "corrupt" police departments are sweeping the complaints under the rug for 400$

Equalbracket

Established Member
I feel lucky to live in an area where it's mainly Sheriff's Department. Not one department have I ever thought corrupt, other then some of the deputies buying their way on patrol. Some bad apples I'm sure, they're human.

But in my entire life with all the run ins I've had, I've never once had trouble with a trooper, city cop you name it..now I can be headed to church and going 5 under and my butt hole still puckers when one gets behind me, but anytime I've been pulled over I've deserved it and never give them any bs, just tuck it and take it.

I graduated with 4 buds that became cops, and the only decent one is the guy who's dad was a retired detective. Other 3 wanted the power, growing up with them it all makes sense. Ones a public school cop..dealing with 11-14 year olds and he cant touch them "first" so he entices them to swing at him and he can put them on the ground etc.

Nor here nor there

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you post anything besides cop bashing or religious threads?

March was religious.
April is cops.

I can't wait to see what May brings!!

border patrol in new York??? didn't know the border was near new York WTF????

There's a country to the north called Canada.
It shares around 400+ miles of border with New York.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Are US Border Patrol vehicles granted the same emergency leisures that real emergency vehicles are allowed? Like running a red light because they had their blue lights on?

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Are US Border Patrol vehicles granted the same emergency leisures that real emergency vehicles are allowed? Like running a red light because they had their blue lights on?

Does not matter. Even if they were running lights and sirens they would still need to exercise "due regard" which in this particular case the border patrol did not.

brys00gt

Established Member
Did anyone notice that the border patrol van had it's emergency lights on and all the other vehicles yielded to them except this guy rocking out to the bee gees?
The operator of the van did slow and did not appear to be speeding through the intersection. The video poster did not yield to an emergency vehicle.

Last edited:

Rotzs99

Established Member
Did anyone notice that the border patrol van had it's emergency lights on and all the other vehicles yielded to them except this guy rocking out to the bee gees?
The operator of the van did slow and did not appear to be speeding through the intersection. The video poster did not yield to an emergency vehicle.

Agreed that the civilian was pretty stupid in this case. Two lanes to your left cars are stopping at a green light. That should cause you to at least slow down. This is still not a pass to the BP van as you cannot assume all traffic will stop unless you see it stopped.

brys00gt

Established Member
I agree but it doesn look like he was even going that fast through the intersection. The Lexus had to be moving to flip the van over.

hb712

Established Member

"While the rate of police officers officially charged with murder is only 1.06% higher than the current general population murder rate, if excessive force complaints involving fatalities were prosecuted as murder the murder rate for law enforcement officers would exceed the general population murder rate by 472%"

Ofcourse Dave this is all made up and full of half truths because you personally have never had any dealings with crooked LEOs.. They are all super heroes that shoot rainbows from their ass and spit gum drops at children while fighting crime riding a majestic armored unicorn.
I bolded the stupid part for you. The only thing your quote shows is that there are a whole hell of a lot of people who want to complain about use of force. Further, it appears to suggest that all excessive force complaints involving fatalities should be sent to the courts to open up the flood gates of criminal litigation. Someone very shortsighted, with extreme tunnel vision wrote that.

Further, the rate of citizens charged with murder does not take into account the multitude of unsolved homicides which never lead to criminal charges. Stats can be great for an argument, if they can survive more than a cursory analysis.

You really need to get off your high horse and stop spending so much time bashing an entire section of the population based upon the actions of a few. Not only is that type of stereotyping and hatred akin to racism, it makes you look foolish and uneducated.

hb712

Established Member
Agreed that the civilian was pretty stupid in this case. Two lanes to your left cars are stopping at a green light. That should cause you to at least slow down. This is still not a pass to the BP van as you cannot assume all traffic will stop unless you see it stopped.

It looks to me like both the BP agent and the other driver are a little slow. Neither acted reasonably given the totality of the circumstances.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
It looks to me like both the BP agent and the other driver are a little slow. Neither acted reasonably given the totality of the circumstances.

This is what I was about to say. Seems both parties were faulted in their own right for failure to pay attention fully.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
So basically it's two people at fault and neither one thinks they are guilty.

So by OP's logic. Any law enforcement involved in any kind of civilian accident must automatically admit guilt... The guy was in an accident just like the civilian. He very well may have thought the guy ran a red light. They were both distracted. But since it's TheBlaze, we definitely have to make this story WAY more interesting than it is.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

you really are on the fail boat aren't you? the reason all "excessive force complaints resulting in death" are not prosecuted as murder is because not all excessive force complaints that result in death ARE murder. a fair number of them are legitimate use of force and only excessive force in the minds of the idiots that ****ed up and their families that live in denial that their little johnny is a life time ****up. I realize that you and the op are cop haters born and bred so arguing with you on this is like arguing with the wall.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
SVTP should have a LEO bashing forum. yeahhhh!!!

Yeah....it already is, sadly. :nonono:

Do you post anything besides cop bashing or religious threads?

Nope. He never, EVER does. Must suck to have a life that boring.

gotta love idiots that make up memes with half the truth and then people like you and the op swallow it hook line and sinker. ever ask yourself WHY those complaints dropped by 88%? like maybe the idiots getting their asses handed to them by the police realized that with the body cam they had no complaint because the cops now have proof they didn't before? so 88% of excessive force complaints were bullshit from the get go.
it follows that that use of force has dropped because yes, officers are being more careful and thinking more before they go off and thus are doing it less. but 88% of excessive force complaints were bullshit from the get go.

When someone makes me agree with this guy, it pisses me off.

But I agree with him on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread