Borla or Corsa?

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
I'm seriously considering new exhaust for my 2011 GT500, as the stock sound is too quiet.

I need help deciding...Borla, Corsa or Other?? I'm sure there are other threads on this, so please attach link, but I'm intersted in hearing as many options as possible to help me with this decision.

Which one sounds best, performs best, etc.?

Thanks!

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
You are not going to get any performance gains from an axle back.

Corsa is the only one I've seen every post any type of back to back dyno numbers. They claimed a 14 hp gain on a stock GT500. I had a set on a 06GT and really liked the sound. Nice and muscular, no drone, quite at idle and cruise, scream at WOT.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Do headers and leave stock cat back .

I agree with this. Axle back mufflers provide no performance gains, only louder exhaust. Long tube headers with an off road mid pipe would provide nice gains and much better exhaust note.

If the OP only wants to change mufflers, then the title should read Drone or No Drone.

Corsa don't drone, Borla has been known too.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member
Corsa FTW.... I'm just in love with the looks of the 4"tips. But, I do have to agree that leaving the stock mufflers on and changing your mid pipe setup wether it be headers or high flow mids or off road x you would never have thought your stock cans could be so loud... But you will probably need to account for the headers or diff. Mid pipe with a tune.

chevellecobra

Established Member
I had Pype Bombs on mine since I wanted something louder. The drone was driving me nuts so I changed to Corsa Extreme's. Now I have a great sounding exhaust that does not drone at all. It just depends on what you want, like others have said. Drone or no drone.

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i had corsa and loved it!

until i started messing with the cats, then the rasp was more then i liked

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
You are not going to get any performance gains from an axle back.

Corsa is the only one I've seen every post any type of back to back dyno numbers. They claimed a 14 hp gain on a stock GT500. I had a set on a 06GT and really liked the sound. Nice and muscular, no drone, quite at idle and cruise, scream at WOT.

That's interesting as Borla said at least 5% gain, which would be about 25hp :??:

kent1

Established Member
If you have upper or lowered pulley then gains will climb with high flow cats and high flow mufflers ( I used SVT1's). Great sound and alot better than stock.

BigDan

Established Member
My vote is LT's and H pipe with stock mufflers but if you have to then make sure it fits 2011's 2.75" tubing and 4" factory tips.

MBRP50AdV2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread