Borla Owners

Borla Owner Survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
another vote for stingers and stock H...its what I run and will never ever change. It sounds the balls and I get tons of compliments

even in my vert its not too loud, sounds perfect IMHO....

when you change the mid pipe, then the stingers will get too loud on a DD, but with the stock H its the perfect tone

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Quiet Borla/Steeda with MRT H and love it. Get compliments all the time and sounds great at WOT.

DieselNuts

¯\_(ò.Ó)_/¯
Established Member
Are the tips on the stinger exhaust rolled or slash cut? Does anyone have a good picture of the tips?

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
Installed the stingers with the stock h today. It's deep and loud, but not obnoxious. Driven tamely, it doesn't draw unwanted attention and driven aggressive, it gets loud quickly.

Love driving it around town and this is where they shine. Drone is bad for any length of highway driving. Magnaflows droned, too.

The sound, quality, fit, and tips are top notch.

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
My taste is loud performance sound... I had magnapacks and an o/r H on my 98 loved it. My stingers/prochamber sound don't compare IMO. If I had to do all over, I would get a maggie C/b, magnapacks and tips welded in, and a catted H. But that's just me.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have the quiet Borla's. I wish I had the stinger mufflers, but I like the look of mine better.

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
My taste is loud performance sound... I had magnapacks and an o/r H on my 98 loved it. My stingers/prochamber sound don't compare IMO. If I had to do all over, I would get a maggie C/b, magnapacks and tips welded in, and a catted H. But that's just me.

The Magnapacks and Stingers are both round resonators. The Magnapack is 4" X 14" v. the Stinger at 5" X 10". The longer a muffler is the quieter it is.

The stingers are too loud for my liking on the highway and the o/r H and magnapacks would definitely be too loud inside the car. The Magnapacks and MRT H would be nice, but I prefer the x-pipe design and sound. I'll get Magnaflow or Bassani if I get one.

Powerwheels, you can get the MRT H-pipe either way:
93b000 MRT Stainless H-PIPE 99-04 W/Cats $515.00

93b001 MRT Stainless H-PIPE 99-04 Without Cats $415.00

Last edited:

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Have Borla Stingers + SS Bassani Catted X. Love the sound, nothing like it! Nice and quiet at idle and nice and loud when you get on it :D

I have the same exact setup. I just had my system installed this past weekend.

Car sounds unreal.

High RPM it sounds like an exotic.

It sounds better than my 05 Viper with Corsa Track exhaust!!

Tim

P.S. Funny thing is the Stingers have been getting LOUDER since I had them installed on Friday. I guess they will settle in once they are broken in over time.

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I started out with the Borla Stingers with the stock H-pipe. I loved the sound and rumble when you'd get on it. :rockon:

Then I swapped out the stock H-pipe for the Bassani X-pipe with the removable cats. The loudness increased dramatically and the resonance at 2,000 RPM drove me (and the wife) nuts. :cuss:

I then sold the Stingers and bought the quieter Borla catback with the oval mufflers. Like thay say in the beer commercial, "Life is Good!" :-D

trip03svt

Established Member
Just put on stingers w/MAC o/r H and it is pretty sick! It is deep and throaty through normal driving and ridiculous at WOT. I've heard everybody talking about this combo being poppy on decel, but mine seems to stay clean for the most part (minimal popping). I'll probably end up going back to the stock mid or high flow catted mid just because I can't drive it through town without drawing attention, but for now this combo is awesome.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
That's frigging awesome.

Another satisfied stinger fan.

Just wait it will get louder over the next three days of driving.

When I put my Bassani SS catted X and Borla Stinger cat back on my car it got progressively louder over a three day period until the exhaust got "broken in"

Congrats!!

it's like a whole 'nother car with a different exhaust. :bowdown:

yellowgt02

Established Member
Im jealous right now...I have a magnaflow offroad X waiting to be installed. I have some high flow cats to be welded back in if I dont like the offroad sound. I have had lots of compliments on how Stingers sound with stock midpipe.

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Got the Stingers and Bassani catted X on tonight. The install was a bit time consuming, but everything went smoothly. The car sounds AWESOME. Now I know why some suggest catted instead of O/R. The car is way loud enough IMO.

Now I can't wait to get my KB 2.6L on. :rockon:

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
Yeah, I can't imagine o/r x with the stingers! I've got the stock h now and gotta listen close or let off the throttle when people are talking (highway) to have normal conversations LOL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread