Borla Owners

Borla Owner Survey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I like the Borla exhaust, but curious what Borla owners think before I drop the cash. Those with the systems , please let us know what you think living with the system.

Last edited:

SpectorV

Established Member
i liked the fact that they were loud with the cats on the car (just a borla stinger catback) but the sound was not exactly what I expected. I was expecting more of a 2v 4.6l sound instead of the 4v~ but ive grown to like it :)

Orange Poison

Established Member
the Borla Stingers with the stock H-pipe right here. Sounds awesome. I've had Magnaflow and Flowmasters, neither come close to the look and sound of Stingers.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I have the quiet Borla and although it sounds good it isn't loud enough with the stock H. I have a Bassani catted X I am installing and will let you know how it sounds then.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I have the Stingers with headers and an off road Prochamber, I love it!! The car sounds incredible, even my fiance has said one of the reasons she's put her foot down that I have to keep the car is how good it sounds! I'll be honest though, if it was my DD I'd probably want a quieter catback....

BlownVenom01

Boost > NA
Established Member
I love my Borlas (stingers) and wouldn't trade them just for their value. I think every catback has a different interesting sound though so If I had a choice to do it again, i'd cheap out and go flowmaster and spend the extra dough somewhere.

On a cobra, any exhaust sounds sick. If your on a budget, its only somewhat worth the exorbant price

tjs98gt

Established Member
i have the stingers with an o/r prochamber it sounds sick, gunna swap out the prochamber for an o/r x and see how i like that and then i also have a bassani side exit in my garage im gunna put on the o/r x after that to see how i like that

coild

Established Member
Stock 'H' with Stingers... love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.
Quality and fit are great, too.
No problems with drone.
Go for it; you won't be disappointed.

scotts99snake

Established Member
I have the stingers with a catted x. I had the stingers with the stock h. Sounds incredible either way. I actually had a guy follow me to the mall one day. When I parked, he said, "Your car sounds amazing. I want my Corvette to sound like that." Borla is pricey, but worth every penny!

03SvtSonicCobra

I got the Sonic Blues.
Established Member
Stingers with stock h-pipe. Not that loud at idle but at WOT it sounds like a beast. I love them. People are always giving compliments asking what type of exhaust is that.

AaronK

Established Member
Have quiet borla with LT bbk and off road H... it's being installed today, hopefully it'll sound good

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
I've tried a hell of a lot of different combos of catbacks and midpipes. A couple weeks ago I went to the stock H pipe and stingers and I can say that it's my favorite. To me the tone is unique and not what I was expecting. When going wot throttle is just sounds amazing. It is not too loud when driving which suprised me , but did not dissapoint. To me it has the smoothest / most aggresive tone to it as odd as that discription may sound.

chitowncobra

Established Member
i have BBK LONGTUBES W/BBK O/H PIPE and BORLA STINGERS CATBACK W S-TYPE RACE MUFFLERS = EXTREMELY LOUD get nothing but thumbs up!!!!!:coolman::coolman:

SVTRocket

SVT Fan
Established Member
I appreciate the feed back from all of you. I contacted Borla and the guy "screened" me by asking if

1) I raced the car( (no)
2) I took trips in it (no)
3) it was a daily driver (no)

He said I would probably be OK with the Stingers, although they would have some drone. Kinda made me wonder if Borla had many complaints of the Stingers being obnoxiously loud.

By the results from owners, so far, you guys seem to dig 'em!

coild

Established Member
I have basically NO drone from the drivers seat. A passenger in the back seat said it was louder back there, but not bad.
Stingers with stock 'H'.... great looks and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread