Borla Stingers get noticed

ponyboy03

Established Member
I bought the stingers in 2004 for $500.00 w/ free shipping. I have to say I am very impressed with the sound and quality. They still look great and sound better then ever. I get compliments all the time and not just from mustang people. I'm sure I helped sell this product just by driving around so people can hear it. My friend here at work has an 03 and he got the stingers after hearing mine and everyday I hear him leave the parking lot and give it gas down the road and I have to say it's the best exhaust sound, very exotic and a deep note. Love it! There is no drone except when the car is cold and I didn't let it warm up. I can hardly hear it at idle unless the windows are down and I have no problem hearing the radio. Step on the gas a prepare for the blast! Just wanted to share. :rockon:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ponyboy03 said:
I bought the stingers in 2004 for $500.00 w/ free shipping. I have to say I am very impressed with the sound and quality. They still look great and sound better then ever. I get compliments all the time and not just from mustang people. I'm sure I helped sell this product just by driving around so people can hear it. My friend here at work has an 03 and he got the stingers after hearing mine and everyday I hear him leave the parking lot and give it gas down the road and I have to say it's the best exhaust sound, very exotic and a deep note. Love it! There is no drone except when the car is cold and I didn't let it warm up. I can hardly hear it at idle unless the windows are down and I have no problem hearing the radio. Step on the gas a prepare for the blast! Just wanted to share. :rockon:

Nice to know! That's my future exhaust... :rockon:

venmos1

Established Member
thats how i feel about my slp loudmouth II catback. ive heard they are very similar to the stingers. mines quiet at idle and cruise, but give her some juice she wakes up very nicely.

MustangThief

Established Member
I'm hoping that with the addition of a prochamber, my flowmaster c/b will be what I'm looking for.

I've ran full MAC on my GT for years, but the cobra came with Flowmaster :( so hopefully a MAC Prochamber will wake up the exhaust, and the cobra will finally be HEARD!

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
snake134 said:
stingers have the best sound....except when you add a mid pipe...then all hell breaks loose

I'm running an MRT Catted H. Debating on dropping back to the 14858 system soon...

I love the sound with the Stingers; but admittedly it gives new meaning to the term "Loud pedal" :D

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
snake134 said:
stingers have the best sound....except when you add a mid pipe...then all hell breaks loose

Really? I'm planning on getting Kooks LT's with their x-pipe and Borla Stinger's. Would this be a bad combo? RWHP/noise wise?

coopercobra03

Custom User Title
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Really? I'm planning on getting Kooks LT's with their x-pipe and Borla Stinger's. Would this be a bad combo? RWHP/noise wise?[/QUOTE

Well I just put bbk long tubes and a Off road X-pipe with the stingers and it sounded like crap...

I had to sell them and I got some flowmasters.. My car sounds mean as hell now..

I did have a prochamber with the Stingers and I loved the way that sounded..

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
mblgjr said:
I'm running an MRT Catted H. Debating on dropping back to the 14858 system soon...

I love the sound with the Stingers; but admittedly it gives new meaning to the term "Loud pedal" :D

I will try to get sound clips of mine posted this weekend...... I think the 14858 and MRT catted H is one of the best combinations available!!!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
Youll probably be pulled over every time you see a cop.

What kind of cat-back should I go with since I'm planning on the Kooks LT's and Kooks x-pipe? Should I just consider going full Stainless Works?

MikeW

Established Member
coopercobra03 said:
SIr RicCuS said:
Really? I'm planning on getting Kooks LT's with their x-pipe and Borla Stinger's. Would this be a bad combo? RWHP/noise wise?[/QUOTE

I run Stingers with a Catted x and i dig the sounds :beer:

HEY are those Simmons wheels in your sig pic?:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread