Borla Stingers get noticed

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Kysnake03 said:
I had Magnaflow`s for 3 yrs, the last 6 months with a bassani x, and it sounded pretty good. I traded for Borla Stingers, they are not that loud at all with the stock H. There is a drone at 85 mph for 8 hrs lol. They really do turn heads, and I have put more miles on my car in 3 months than the last six months because I want to hear them. Well they are Just perfect !!!

I drive my car a lot more too because of the stingers. It used to be a garage queen. Now i take it to work as often as possible.

RocMach1

Established Member
T.O.Snake said:
I added the magnaflow catted X to the stingers and I love it. QUOTE]

Got the same setup on my Mach and I think its the best sound ever. Loud and not obnoxious. People give me compliments all the time and most of them arent even mustang fans. Alot of time guys on Harleys pull next to me and tell me how badass it sounds...

Orange Poison

Established Member
Stingers with the stock H pipe here.....no drone....loved this setup since day one. I've had Magnaflow and Flowmaster catbacks....and none compare to the Stingers. Perfect sound IMO.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
I have had Flows, magnaflows, and SLP. Stingers are the best... depending on midpipe combo. Sound perfect with stock H, catted X, and catted prochamber. Any other combo will get raspy, excessive drone, and that Harley "blat" sound.

SugeMike

Established Member
I'm about to buy some stingers this week so I'll let you know how they sound. From what everyone says, it seems like it must sound GREAT. I'll post up a clip of mine after i put them on. I can't wait.
-Mike

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Even though i'm not a fan of loud, a deep tone you can hear and feel is important. So far i haven't heard a mustang yet that sounds similar to my stock 69 440 charger which sounds absolutely wicked at idle and at wot. Since i already have a borla on one car, and love the way it sounds (except the drone) i will probably go with the borla again. In my case i have to decide which is more important though, an exhaust for my dd svt, or new leather seatcovers for my old charger r/t se. They both cost about the same.

04SVTVNM

Established Member
I have Bassani catted x/ pipe with stingers and I love the sound. Its exotic sounding, and I've gotten compliments from a couple corvette guy's on the sound.:coolman:

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
y2k_pony said:
you just sold me on that setup. Damn that's badass...

lol. here's another one for ya

th_68fb9013.jpg

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
sounds pretty good. i had stingers on my '03 GT and it sounded pretty nice

but, im liken my Bassani on the cobra though. :D

RedfireVNM

Ahnald, GET TO THE CHOPPA
Established Member
I wouldnt trade my stingers for anything...im looking to get a Bassani Catted X too...

T.O.Snake

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Go with the MRT h-pipe. It's a little more then the x-pipe, but I'll bet you like it 10x more! :rockon:

Unfortunately, I'll bet the other way. My MRT catted H lasted only a few weeks with the stingers before I took it off. It's great if you like your cobra to sound like a harley with straight pipes at WOT, or at various rpm ranges when cruising. Personally, I hated it, and the magnaflow catted x I've got now sounds a million times better.

BTW, clearly I wasn't the only one who felt this way. In the weeks I had the stingers/MRT combo I received not a SINGLE compliment. In two days after swapping to the magnaflow x, I had cars pulling up to me and pedestrians stopping to tell me how amazing the car sounded. 'Nuff said :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread