Borla Stingers get noticed

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
What kind of cat-back should I go with since I'm planning on the Kooks LT's and Kooks x-pipe? Should I just consider going full Stainless Works?

Magnaflow, the quiet Borla 14858, or FR500. FR500 would be the quietest. If you are going catless, I would strongly consider the FR500.

For So Cal, the noise level a catless Mustang produces is asking to get pulled over.

I'm going to be doing MAC longtubes and a custom catted X with my Magnaflow Catback. I currently have the Maggie catted X with the aforementioned catback.

Stingers alone with the stock H pipe are as loud as my car is now.

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
Magnaflow, the quiet Borla 14858, or FR500. FR500 would be the quietest. If you are going catless, I would strongly consider the FR500.

For So Cal, the noise level a catless Mustang produces is asking to get pulled over.

I'm going to be doing MAC longtubes and a custom catted X with my Magnaflow Catback. I currently have the Maggie catted X with the aforementioned catback.

Stingers alone with the stock H pipe are as loud as my car is now.

Thanks for the advice! :beer:

So the Catted Borla's would sound good with the LT's and x-pipe, right?

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Thanks for the advice! :beer:

So the Catted Borla's would sound good with the LT's and x-pipe, right?
the borla 14588 will. The stingers are crazy loud, with a catted X.

Ask Rob, he bought the Magnaflow catted and already had Stingers. He sold the Stingers the next day.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Not sure what you meant by "catted Borlas"; but the 14858 system would be nice. Its the same as the Steeda IRS system (save for the tips).

I'd go with a Magnaflow cb or FR500 w/ an X.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
mblgjr said:
Not sure what you meant by "catted Borlas"; but the 14858 system would be nice. Its the same as the Steeda IRS system (save for the tips).

I'd go with a Magnaflow cb or FR500 w/ an X.

Sorry... Was I was trying to say was the Borla's that aren't the Stinger's...

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I have the SLP LMII's with the SLP LMII catted X. I love the sound of my car. I am going to the Dyno in about 30 minutes. I willpost a video of it here.

I have one of me at the track posted in the time slip forum if you want to hear a 1/4 mile run with that setup. Trust me that is all you hear, it's like the other car is not there....LOL...

VPF

EDIT FOR LINK.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381166

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I got BBK LT/ Catted X/ Stingers. I really don't think it's very loud but i'll try to get some more audio of my car. I don't think the video in my sig does it justice. If you are cruising its not that bad. Slam the pedal and its wake up the dead loud.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
the borla 14588 will. The stingers are crazy loud, with a catted X.

Ask Rob, he bought the Magnaflow catted and already had Stingers. He sold the Stingers the next day.

I added the magnaflow catted X to the stingers and I love it. Yeah, it's quite a bit louder than it was with the stock H (and drones on the freeway - fortunately, I don't do much freeway commuting).

However, it sounds really deep, smooth, and mean - very exotic. I get compliments all the time - more than I did with the stock H, and WAY more (cause I got NONE) than with the stingers and MRT catted H. That combo sounded like a mix of Harley Davidson and old pickup truck :xpl:

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
97topless snake said:
I run Stingers with a Catted x and i dig the sounds :beer:
yea your car does sound bad ass :rockon:

stock headers & bassiani o/r x-pipe & borla C.B.( NON-STINGERS ) love the sound :rockon: but soon to be coming cause i got a big dent in one of them

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
Do stingers drone with a factory H? I have borlas on a v6 turbo car and it drones at 3k. And does anyone do group buys on those here occasionally?

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
Lord Warlock said:
Do stingers drone with a factory H? I have borlas on a v6 turbo car and it drones at 3k. And does anyone do group buys on those here occasionally?

rofl, i believe that's the v-6 drone not the stingers.

i have stingers on my stock H and i love it! i dont think it's that loud though. but i have a o/r prochamber i'll be putting on soon :-D

coild

Established Member
Lord Warlock said:
Pretty much ZERO drone. That's what I was concerned about too. I'm running my stock 'H' and love everything about the stingers.

coild

Established Member
Lord Warlock said:
Thats fine, i'm not looking for loud, just a deeper tone you can hear.
Whoa.... if you're NOT looking for loud, then the Stingers may not be for you. You may want to check out the Borla model #14858. I have not heard them in person, but know they are not as loud as Stingers. Much more of a tame sound.

Kysnake03

Established Member
I had Magnaflow`s for 3 yrs, the last 6 months with a bassani x, and it sounded pretty good. I traded for Borla Stingers, they are not that loud at all with the stock H. There is a drone at 85 mph for 8 hrs lol. They really do turn heads, and I have put more miles on my car in 3 months than the last six months because I want to hear them. Well they are Just perfect !!!

Users who are viewing this thread