Boss 302: $10k over MSRP "market adjust" = Bankston Ford Arlington TX

kn7671

Established Member
Boss 302: $10k over MSRP "market adjust" = Bankston Ford Arlington TX

Well I was looking for a Boss 302 and found a Kona Blue one locally, Bankston Ford in Arlington, TX. I dropped by the dealership to see right on the passenger window next the factory sticker another sheet showing add-ons, and they wrote "Market Adjust + $10,000", final price of $53,100.

Needless to say, I didn't even bother talking to anyone once I saw their greed. I just turned around, walked, and drove off.

Here is the dealership inventory listing, excluding the "market adjust".

Anyone know of a dealer in the Dallas Fort Worth and surrounding area that will deal a fair price on a Boss 302?

LOL - This dealer also had a new Black w/Red accent V6 Mustang dressed up to look like a Boss 302, even having the proper reverse C-stripe Boss 302 sticker.

Last edited:

Sixx

Established Member
That blows. I used to live in DFW, but can't remember who the big Ford guys were.

I am in the market for a Boss, and when I search inventory, it shows an Internet price that includes $1,500 in rebates or 0.0% interest on the Boss. The dealer is telling me that Ford's website is wrong.

MyStang2010GB

Established Member
There was a Market Adjustment on mine as well. but I got it for MSRP in the end. My dealer has multiple allotments for Boss 302 and 302 Laguna Seca models. Not sure how many that dealer is alotted but it may not be many and they are trying to get that extra while they can

Cabinetman

You can buy that car at Bankston for MSRP. I went to look at it on Saturday because I hadn't seen the Kona Blue in person. I told the sales guy, Don Wagner, that I really preferred white and he asked if I would take the blue at MSRP. I told him I would think about and he said to let him know. I bought a GT500 from them.

Most every dealer I talked to had a markup on the Boss. You just need to tell them you are a serious buyer at MSRP. I think they are all starting to realize that the market won't support the crazy markups. I know most every dealer I spoke to dropped the markup way down right off the bat without any negotiation.

I found a white Boss for MSRP in Dallas and if everything goes according to plan the dealer will be delivering it to my house tonight.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I just picked up a CO boss, local dealer did a trade for it and a shelby from Bankston. I paid under MSRP and when I got the window sticker it had the 10k adjustment from there. There were two boss 302's on ebay from champion ford listed for 40,980 buy it now. Both recaro upgrade cars.....

Loosescrews

Established Member
The dealers are ready to deal on the Boss now. Those who waited will be rewarded. With the 2013 Boss, 2013 GT500, and 2013 5.0 coming out the 2012's must go! There are like 100 2012 Boss mustangs under $45,000 within 500 miles of me.

Mobil1Mach

Established Member
I told Planet Ford in Spring, TX that Id sign papers on a white on red Boss that very moment if they'd sell it at MSRP rather than the 5k premium they were asking. They said no. I left.

According to the sales manager "Shelbys are 10k over sticker and the Boss is 5k over."

Btw- Planet Ford didn't have the actual price on any of the Shelbys or Bosses on their lot. The MSRP plus 5K BS was at the negotiating table.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
I told Planet Ford in Spring, TX that Id sign papers on a white on red Boss that very moment if they'd sell it at MSRP rather than the 5k premium they were asking. They said no. I left.

According to the sales manager "Shelbys are 10k over sticker and the Boss is 5k over."

Btw- Planet Ford didn't have the actual price on any of the Shelbys or Bosses on their lot. The MSRP plus 5K BS was at the negotiating table.

They have an orange on and red, both recaro seat cars..

Ford : Mustang Ford : Mustang | eBay

12C/OBoss

Established Member
you can buy a 785 rwhp Kenne Bell Boss for less than that!!! On Ebay right now! Miles just under 3,000 BIN $52499

Mikes5.0

Established Member
The dealer by me drives me crazy. I bought my gt from them last year as an impulse buy so I dropped by last week see if they had a boss. They had a black LS with a 25k mark up and a used white boss with 1k miles and were asking 49k. No wiggle room at all even though I bought by gt cash and have had two friends buy 2012 gt's from them in the last 4 month
s.

Last edited:

FKing1

Established Member
Info:
I negotiated with 2 Detroit area dealers.
One wanted $5K over sticker and my regular one at MSRP.
First one came down to match the deal , but, went with the straight shooter.
Have bought several SVT's from this place and they never sell over sticker,
Great people.
My Kona Blue Boss is off the assembly line at Flat Rock TODAY!!

Last edited:

ram002

Established Member
Gene Messer Ford in Amarillo, Tx has a 2012 CO boss. I called on it Friday just to see where they were at. They we asking MRSP and when I asked if they were firm at MSRP the salesman said make us an offer. This same dealer had another boss (red) a couple of months ago and wanted 5,000 over MSRP and it went pretty quick I personally bought my Boss a few months back from another Ford dealer in Amarillo and paid under MSRP. Now seems to be a good time to buy. Those guys wanting 10,000 over MSRP are a bit crazy! No really they are "a LOT" crazy!

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
my guy in huntsville told me he has several more 2012 boss 302's coming and all at or below msrp. just get one of his and have it drop shipped.

pm me for the contact info

RoushWells

Svt/Boss Sales Rep
Established Member
We sell ares at MSRP w/ free track key software. (you pay for labor/tax)
1 Race red w/ ebony
1 white w/ebony (in transit now)

blacknlte

Established Member
Theres a Performance white one sitting in our local dealership that was mine that I ordered but they drug there ass on getting in so I bought another one is Houston. There asking 43,575 Sewell Ford in Odessa, Tx

LaSeeno

I bought my Boss a week ago for MSRP, my dealer was also asking 10k over MSRP. I live in a very small market area though. There are people who will pay those prices and there is nothing wrong with the dealer asking for them. In the end I drove out at MSRP.

Users who are viewing this thread