Boss 302 production ending.

kbroush

Established Member
I am sure a the majority of you are aware of this already but it is official from Ford that the priduction run of the Boss 302 is done. Here is a link with a little information on it. Does anyone know what the final production numbers are yet on the 13 models?

Ford Kills The Boss 302

Jroc

Established Member
That sucks balls.

If I could pick any Mustang it would be a new Boss 302.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
So all the Boss 302's are out on dealer lots or are they still rolling off the line and out the yards at ford??? curious what the dealers will do here, jack up the prices becuase its stopped production or sell them at MSRP or lower because the new gen of mustangs are going to be hitting the market soon. Just curious thanks.

GottaBoss

Established Member
So all the Boss 302's are out on dealer lots or are they still rolling off the line and out the yards at ford??? curious what the dealers will do here, jack up the prices becuase its stopped production or sell them at MSRP or lower because the new gen of mustangs are going to be hitting the market soon. Just curious thanks.

My educated guesses to answer your questions...

They are still rolling off the line until the 2013 production target is met. As I recall that's about 4,000 units. I don't believe they are there yet.

What dealers do will depend upon the dealer. It wouldn't surprise me to see some dealers attempt to hold the line on pricing more stringently, at least for awhile. But that doesn't mean that MSRP or below won't be available from many dealers.

If a new vehicle sits in any dealer's inventory for too long the dealer's profit margin begins to erode. This is a strong incentive for the dealer to deal.

NJSP117

Established Member
I think they'll continue to sell at MSRP...no need for dealers to drop below that...

Mystic195

Established Member
I have been looking for one and most dealers are at MSRP or $1000 under. One has offered their car at $750 over invoice and no one else will touch that. The color is the only thing holding me back from putting it in the garage.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
i still want a '12. i am in no hurry. i doubt i can afford one and my race car at the same time and i am much more comfortable on the race track in a race car than i would be doing de in a street car.

when i quit race, whenever that is, i will go find a used 2012 boss. i am sure they wont be hard to find in good shape. for every mod headed track junkie that owns one of these cars there are 10 who barely drive them.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
i still want a '12. i am in no hurry. i doubt i can afford one and my race car at the same time and i am much more comfortable on the race track in a race car than i would be doing de in a street car.

when i quit race, whenever that is, i will go find a used 2012 boss. i am sure they wont be hard to find in good shape. for every mod headed track junkie that owns one of these cars there are 10 who barely drive them.

Don't buy Racerats, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread