Boss intake vs ported Boss intake Dyno

Daniel Jarvis

Established Member
unuhugyd.jpg
ajyde2uz.jpg
ejahe7e4.jpg
6a9y4yze.jpg

I used a carbide tip with a Dremel ext and then hand sanded with 120grit, then 600, and then used a polishing wheel. My not have seem like much to a lot of people the the power gain was purely noticeable from stock boss 302 intake to how I've ported it. Adding 47# injectors I'm sure helped that also

toomnymods

Established Member
I've just bought me a boss manifold today and plan on porting it before install. With a AED tune do I need to tell Shaun that I'm porting mine or no? Anyone got a Drexel parts number list for the stuff I need to buy? Hate going to lowes and looking at 150 Dremel items and not know wtf to buy.. Can someone take pics of what they used?? Thanks :)

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
I've just bought me a boss manifold today and plan on porting it before install. With a AED tune do I need to tell Shaun that I'm porting mine or no? Anyone got a Drexel parts number list for the stuff I need to buy? Hate going to lowes and looking at 150 Dremel items and not know wtf to buy.. Can someone take pics of what they used?? Thanks :)

Let Shaun know.

I had a member here port mine and it came out great. I am very pleased.

toomnymods

Established Member
i ended up not porting mine.. i really dont see what the big fuss is about my runners didnt have hardly any lip at all maybe 1/32nd of a inch if even that. Was going to chop off the fins leading into the manifold from the throttle body but decided to leave them alone. I'll be going to boost soon enough anyways and the measly 5-7rwhp gain will not even be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread