Boss vs Shelby

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I sold my 2011 Shelby GT500 because I got frustrated with the transmission grind in high rpm, as well as the 3rd gear lockout when shifting fast, does anyone know if the Boss has the same transmission? I'm thinking about ordering a Boss soon. Thanks!

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
The boss does not have the same transmission. I think the 302 S cars have the 6060 in them, but the street Bosses have the MT82. I also suspect that the tranny is geared WAY too short for this type of power.

BigDan

Established Member
Just out of curiousity, how does the SVT Performance Package GT500 compare in the handling department to the Boss Mustang? Both of these cars from what I unserstand turn over 1.0g on the skidpad. I have seen the road test comparisons and most of the results show that the GT500 is marginally faster but has much more power. We know it is heavier.

What does the GT500 give up to the Boss?

I dont what what it gives up but the Boss has a bunch more cool features like dual mode exhaust, launch control, 180mph speedo, ect.

[youtube_browser]8RwK-knAv5E[/youtube_browser]

I have yet to see a Boss beat a 2011-2012 GT500 PP on a road course. If you have video please post up.

I sold my 2011 Shelby GT500 because I got frustrated with the transmission grind in high rpm, as well as the 3rd gear lockout when shifting fast, does anyone know if the Boss has the same transmission? I'm thinking about ordering a Boss soon. Thanks!

You should of tried the MGW shifter before you got rid of it. It cured my same problem and I can now no lift shift all the way down the track.

Last edited:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
The parts are available to fix the transmission ;) (The GT500 unit)

My 2011 Shelby received the "fix" with over $4,000 worth of oem upgraded parts/labor. The dealer had my Shelby for over a week....5 minutes after picking it up I replicated the 1-2 grind on my first spirited drive. Sold it a month later, very upsetting.

My 08z had the same problem, same tr6060 transmission. I went round and round with GM and they wouldn't do anything for me (bought the Z brand new, and the transmission had the 1-2 grind from the first day). I sold that ***ker too. I also had a brand new STi back in 04, and it had a 4-5 grind. I'm so tired of transmissions that grind :fm:

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I would really like to buy a new Boss, I think the new upgrades to the motor are a good match for a centri setup. Z's are pure sex, but I want something new and different....but not if the transmission grinds.

BigDan

Established Member
I would really like to buy a new Boss, I think the new upgrades to the motor are a good match for a centri setup. Z's are pure sex, but I want something new and different....but not if the transmission grinds.

GT-R or Boss with a procharger

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
GT-R or Boss with a procharger

+1
I love my gt500, but I would be all over the GTR. Truthfully, if my wife wasn't pregnant at the time I might have ended up with a C6 Z06. I needed a back seat though and the GT-R was still brining a little more money than I wanted to pay on the used market. I figured a GT500 would be a fun way to bridge the gap untill I could swing the GT-R a little more comfortably.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
we all have our preferences. thats why they make a variety of editions of a single car. i want a boss and have no use for any shelby except the shelby gt. i dont need the luxuries or the big horsepower numbers.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
My 2011 Shelby received the "fix" with over $4,000 worth of oem upgraded parts/labor. The dealer had my Shelby for over a week....5 minutes after picking it up I replicated the 1-2 grind on my first spirited drive. Sold it a month later, very upsetting.

My 08z had the same problem, same tr6060 transmission. I went round and round with GM and they wouldn't do anything for me (bought the Z brand new, and the transmission had the 1-2 grind from the first day). I sold that ***ker too. I also had a brand new STi back in 04, and it had a 4-5 grind. I'm so tired of transmissions that grind :fm:

That is depressing. :(

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I haven't always been a Ford guy but I will say they really stepped up with these cars. You can't go wrong with either one.

Users who are viewing this thread