Bought a 2011.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Hey guys....been absent from the forum for a while. Had a daughter and sold all my Cobra stuff. Thought I was going to go nuts with a Mercury Marauder. Got over my bad idea and bought this 2011.

it's a white with no stripes and the SVT Performance package. It has Kooks LT's and catted x-pipe, Magnaflow catback, Ford racing TB, Ford racing intake, VMP stealth pulley, afco dual fan H/E, thermostat (not sure which), lower overdrive pulley, upgraded H/E tank, cross drilled and slotted rotors, and some other upgrades that I have no idea what they are.

Now, I'm not familiar with GT500's so they listed these additional addons and I was hoping someone could shed some light on what on earth they mean. Coolant tubing and 2011 upper control arm upgrade. What's that mean?

I only have one picture right now. Going to get it professionally detailed and find some sort of snazzy spot and take some good pictures.

554726_440124026005353_1165311440_n.jpg

I have two mods coming up that are sort of leftovers from a project I was doing before this. Had some cams made for an engine I had made for an 03 Cobra that are monsters. Going to have those installed in this. Also going to use the money from the sale of that motor to get a 2.9 blower for this one. I don't want to go too crazy with this one because I don't really want to take the engine out, ever.

Happy to be back in a Mustang!

Also just found this, randomly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKhD3vLj7v0

Last edited:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Man I had to go make sure someone didn't steal my car, but it's a '12. Congrats! They're all good mods. There are several upper control arms available. Any idea which one is installed? The control arm usually has a better bracket and a polyurethane bushing to tighten up the factory rubber bushing. Some are adjustable, some aren't. Some UCAs have a helm joint instead of poly and tend to transmit more noise in the cabin.

I'm not aware of a cooling tube upgrade, unless they used silicone hoses. It may be a larger heat exchanger reservoir that was installed. If it's a larger tank like the one on the drivers side on my car, that's probably what they mean.

GT500enginebag.jpg

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Catmonkey, thanks for the reply.

It does have the upgraded H/E tank but it was noted seperately from this other "upgrade". I need to look more closely at it, unfortunately im sitting on an oil rig currently so I can't look into it. The dealer still has pictures up of the car so I pulled some.

Here is the engine bay

3803737_f8b4fd5b-2eb8-488f-b220-4b3db0290d93.jpg

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
Thanks everyone!

My wife and I originally went out looking for a 2013 but all of the dealers had them marked at $15,000 above sticker. I laughed my way out of one dealer that tried the bate and switch on me. We decided to look at this one just because we were in the area and we just fricken loved it. Specially since it's near new with only 1000 miles on it.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
No, I don't see anything out of the ordinary as far as the hoses up top. Someone dropped some coin on that car to turn around and sell it with 1,000 miles.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
No, I don't see anything out of the ordinary as far as the hoses up top. Someone dropped some coin on that car to turn around and sell it with 1,000 miles.

It was owned previously by the owner of a prominent jewelry shop here in Houston. From what I could gather it was the wife throwing a fit that made him get rid of it. Poor guy :beer:

Catmonkey, I meant to ask you...How do you like the VMP blower? Why should I buy one of those over say...a whipple?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
It's great. The reason I went TVS over Whipple was for a couple of reasons. The TVS was capable of making all the power I wanted and was cheaper than the FRPP unit I would have gone with. The street manners are great and the torque is incredible. I'm sure more power is available with a Whipple or a Kenny Bell, but I didn't care to invest in a built bottom end and all the fuel upgrades that go along with it. Not to mention, you can only do so much without resorting to some wheel and tire upgrades.

You might want to look at the '13 TVS. Lots of guys are installing them and making good power, all for about $2,100. You probably don't need to worry about a smaller pulley for a TVS with that overdrive pulley.

Hkaiser83

I am Captain Dynaball.
Established Member
It's great. The reason I went TVS over Whipple was for a couple of reasons. The TVS was capable of making all the power I wanted and was cheaper than the FRPP unit I would have gone with. The street manners are great and the torque is incredible. I'm sure more power is available with a Whipple or a Kenny Bell, but I didn't care to invest in a built bottom end and all the fuel upgrades that go along with it. Not to mention, you can only do so much without resorting to some wheel and tire upgrades.

You might want to look at the '13 TVS. Lots of guys are installing them and making good power, all for about $2,100. You probably don't need to worry about a smaller pulley for a TVS with that overdrive pulley.

Where do I purchase one?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Call Tousley Ford at 1-800-328-9552 ask for Steve or Mike R. Now it's going to have a 5.8 logo cast into it, but it's not that big a deal. They are currently on back order. Here's a thread on another site that will give you an idea of fitment on the earlier models as well as what it looks like.

03SVT281

Established Member
Congrats on the new ride, I'm in the market for the exact same car 2011-2012 white stripe delete car. You mind me asking what you paid? I'm envious right now maybe the right car will pop up soon for me

2Sharpie

Established Member
Congrats.......usually not a fan of white but these cars look absolutely awesome in white. Very nice choice -- esp with the stripe delete!!

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Congrats !

Car looks good and already has excellent mods. I wonder what type of Inlet and CAI that is....

Users who are viewing this thread