Bought A 92 5-Speed SHO

mkb116

Established Member
Hey guys I just bought a 92 SHO as a daily driver. I bought it up in Redwood City and drove it 100 miles home. I'll tell you what I fell in love with that car on the ride home. On the freeway it rides great!!! Has plenty of power and handles very well, not to bumpy. There are a few things I need to do to it like pull all the old ass window tint off and tint all the windows, do a 120k mile tune up and clean the interior really well but I love it. Any advice or suggestions you guys have for me?

- Matt

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Glad you like it Matt. ;-) It's a great little car with lots of poop.
I really enjoyed driving it.

It rides a little rough because it has the sport/handling suspension.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
To keep the ride liveable, I'd go with Eibachs & Tokicos. I had them on my 93 ATX and it was an awesome improvement. Later on I put on SFC, and it made the ride harsh, but stiffened up the car tons. Throw in SFB, and you're driving a rock...that handles on rails.

The BigSHO

Established Member
I've had two 92 SHOs. Still have one, my brother has the other one. They are GREAT cars. So is the SHO's little brother, the CSVT...

Congratulations.

You picked the best year too...:D

Black1999Cobra

Rollin' with the top down
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. I now use mine as a DD.

It isnt the fastest thing on the road, but it can get up and go...and still pull 28-30 mpg.

NotaryDoug

Matt@MSX said:
Hey guys I just bought a 92 SHO as a daily driver. I bought it up in Redwood City and drove it 100 miles home. I'll tell you what I fell in love with that car on the ride home. On the freeway it rides great!!! Has plenty of power and handles very well, not to bumpy. There are a few things I need to do to it like pull all the old ass window tint off and tint all the windows, do a 120k mile tune up and clean the interior really well but I love it. Any advice or suggestions you guys have for me?

- Matt
Check out the SHOClub.com, they're based in Peoria, IL and Don Mallenson is the owner/president. Just sold my '91 SHO Plus a while ago and the group is very serious about taking care of their cars and there are some great parts and service people around. There's a Ford Dealership in Walnut Creek that's been certified to work on the Yamaha engine. You can also check out SHOShop.com, Vadim is the owner and he's down in Huntington Beach, CA and specializes in just SHO's. Cool place!!!

SinisterSHO

Machine of Hate
Established Member
Good luck on finding SHOShop. You might find Vadim working on some high end car at the new place in the building. All the SHOShop stuff was bought by a couple of guys who now sell everything out of Arizona/Socal.

Users who are viewing this thread