Bought a Dark Horse with the Ford Performance Whipple Kit

ArabianOak

Established Member
I'm confused so this is an honest question, not trying to flame OP or anyone, just learn.

Lethal & Lund both say there is no tuning yet available for 24 Mustang PCs.
Is this correct? Guy at Lund is saying the supercharger kits installed for demo purposes are causing big issues that are not getting advertised. Without tuning you're lighting the fuse on an expensive time bomb

???
I ordered mine when I bought the car from the dealer. It’s a ford kit and comes with tuning and full factory warranty.
IMG_4211.png

IMG_4212.png

Last edited:

q6543

Established Member
Guy at Lund is saying the supercharger kits installed for demo purposes are causing big issues that are not getting advertised.

From what I’ve seen this new whipple tune basically renders no need for aftermarket tuning, unless you choose to add a whole fuel system for E85… it solves probably 90% of customers needs as is.

It threatens their business model…. So no doubt they are trying to downplay the kit/24 in general.

They should be at the forefront of the 24 and pushing limits… they dug their heels in with gen2/3 cars instead…. Not adapting or evolving solutions.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I'm confused so this is an honest question, not trying to flame OP or anyone, just learn.

Is this correct? Guy at Lund is saying the supercharger kits installed for demo purposes are causing big issues that are not getting advertised. Without tuning you're lighting the fuse on an expensive time bomb

???
Whipple and ford has a partnership to develop this kit and obviously the tuning to go along with it. I'd trust fords signoff over the lund guy. Lund isn't invited to the party so of course they'll bad mouth it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
From what I’ve seen this new whipple tune basically renders no need for aftermarket tuning, unless you choose to add a whole fuel system for E85… it solves probably 90% of customers needs as is.

It threatens their business model…. So no doubt they are trying to downplay the kit/24 in general.

They should be at the forefront of the 24 and pushing limits… they dug their heels in with gen2/3 cars instead…. Not adapting or evolving solutions.

They don't have a choice. If you physically can't tune the new cars due to the ECU being locked down like Fort Knox, you are stuck with your legacy platforms.

Does anyone really think Lund, or VMP, or PBD, or any of the big names actually cracked the ECU codes themselves allowing them access to the stock tune files? Come on now.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Not worried even one bit about this...it's got full warranty, if theres any problems and they persist it turns into a lemon. Then I go get another car (as usual) lol

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

???

Lund can't tune, so of course they are gonna bash it. The same way they bashed me and our current tuner after we dropped them when they couldn't tune our shop car.

Over 1million in revenue sent to them and they treated us and alot of customers like garbage. that's why we chose to leave them on the side of the road.

When their "known good file" didn't work on our car, they blamed parts, they blame wiring, everything under the sun and at the end of the day, a simple airflow calculation that they couldn't fix. But Juggernaut was able to fix it.

We have the quickest s650 out there with a whipple now! Tuning is actually conservative at a .72 lambda. 0 issues with the car or the tune.

Our world record setting pass last night shows that

Once Avid's new device releases in a month or so, they will be all but obsolete.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Lund can't tune, so of course they are gonna bash it. The same way they bashed me and our current tuner after we dropped them when they couldn't tune our shop car.

Over 1million in revenue sent to them and they treated us and alot of customers like garbage. that's why we chose to leave them on the side of the road.

When their "known good file" didn't work on our car, they blamed parts, they blame wiring, everything under the sun and at the end of the day, a simple airflow calculation that they couldn't fix. But Juggernaut was able to fix it.

We have the quickest s650 out there with a whipple now! Tuning is actually conservative at a .72 lambda. 0 issues with the car or the tune.

Once Avid's new device releases in a month or so, they will be all but obsolete.

I spoke with Lund about 10 years ago on the phone and got a feeling he would be a massive pain in the ass to deal with. He kept rambling on about everyone stealing his tunes and as the customer I could care less. I just want my car running right. lol. I don't advocate stealing etc but wtf man, I paid you for the tune, now get this car running.

ArabianOak

Established Member

dam dude...just watched the video. what should I expect my car to trap (A10) on that ford whipple kit? 140 is hauling ass!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I spoke with Lund about 10 years ago on the phone and got a feeling he would be a massive pain in the ass to deal with. He kept rambling on about everyone stealing his tunes and as the customer I could care less. I just want my car running right. lol. I don't advocate stealing etc but wtf man, I paid you for the tune, now get this car running.
Yeah no kidding and folks harped on Shaun/AED for not being a people person, lol he was much more pleasant than trying to deal with Lund…

ArabianOak

Established Member
Yeah no kidding and folks harped on Shaun/AED for not being a people person, lol he was much more pleasant than trying to deal with Lund…
Shaun saved my ass in the boss 302 back in the 2013 when I loaded his tune while away from my house and my ecu went dead. lol. He got on a call with me and got my car running.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Shaun saved my ass in the boss 302 back in the 2013 when I loaded his tune while away from my house and my ecu went dead. lol. He got on a call with me and got my car running.
Lol I did the same thing at the fuel pumps when switching back to 93 from E85 and tried loading a tune. He saved my ass after busting my balls a bit.., lol he was a big proponent of using a battery tender when swapping tunes.. I never had a problem till I didn’t use one and never repeated that mistake again. Shaun can be very direct, but he is damn good guy and knows his shit.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I had Shaun tune my 13 Boss 302 with a CJ Manifold and a few other things. I thought he was great to deal with and very helpful/nice.

Users who are viewing this thread