Bought a Saleen Parnelli Jones SuperShaker

03'Darin

Established Member
I just bought a Saleen Parnelli Jones SuperShaker car. I sold this car to the guy new and anything that's been done to the car was done here where I work including the SuperShaker installation. There were only 500 PJ cars built to begin with and then only around 25 of them had the SuperShaker kit installed. Saleen serialized the SuperShaker kit to your car # when it was installed.

I've always loved the sound of this car with motor work Saleen had done to the car making it a 302.

The car is just about to turn 15,000 miles. This car has been babied it's entire life. The factory Pirelli tires still have about 3/4 tread on them.

a9aaa4a7-41d8-4805-b426-0ca365e92dca_zpsfbxc0f4s.jpg

A0F4527A-BC2D-434A-BAB0-A3B083B4D7E5_zpshubgoojy.jpg

65EE2F61-D9C5-4EB1-8768-6B14774B022F_zpsqdjundht.jpg

683E28F7-1643-4D8C-8972-7E46B1CEA052_zps5cjpjxtk.jpg

slverstang

Established Member
Man thats nice. I not to crazy on the sn97 but thats probally my favorite version of it. Clean and simple and a pretty quick care NA.

03'Darin

Established Member
Man thats nice. I not to crazy on the sn97 but thats probally my favorite version of it. Clean and simple and a pretty quick care NA.

Thanks!

These cars also have all of the Saleen racecraft suspension, watts link and 14" 4 piston front brakes so they handle and stop well. I instructed at a Saleen road course event and got chance to drive a N/A Parnelli Jones car. The car handled well.

The stock N/A car was rated at 400 hp and the SuperShaker kit was supposed to add another 100 hp. This car hasn't been dyno'd so I don't know exactly what power it's putting down.

03'Darin

Established Member
Thanks guys!!

I've loved this car since they came out but couldn't deal with the $61k price tag let alone the $12k he spent for the SuperShaker upgrade. I drooled on this car every time he stopped here at the dealership over the last 7 years. So I'm pretty excited to have added this to my garage.

I had sold two PJ cars and the other car is right here in town. That guy used to drive his on a pretty regular basis, rain or shine. So I got to see these cars fairly regularly over the years. Even with the stock exhaust these cars came with they sound really good.

Since we sold that car new I have all of the paperwork from when the car was ordered, built and shipped plus the customer kept all of the documents that came with the car.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So is the super shaker a blower? Wow, didn't know they added FI to those cars. I always loved the look of them, but thought they were wayyy overpriced. Nice purchase!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Niiiice, I agree with the other thought they were overpriced but I'm sure you got a better deal second hand.

Edit: Didn't realize the Shaker was a blower.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My dad had one.. Made good power with a upgraded heat exchanger and smaller pulley.. They would love E85.. Also I don't know how much power that car is making as it still has the stock 39lb injectors.. Good looking car man!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice. Congratulations! I remember the first time I saw this car at the NY Auto Show.

03'Darin

Established Member
So is the super shaker a blower? Wow, didn't know they added FI to those cars. I always loved the look of them, but thought they were wayyy overpriced. Nice purchase!

The SuperShaker option is a twin screw blower that retains the functional shaker hood that came on the PJ car.

nope...all N/a.

Stock they came n/a because the SuperShaker kit wasn't available when the PJ cars came out. The SuperShaker upgrade came available about a year later. We installed the kit on this car when it had 6,900 miles on it.

My dad had one.. Made good power with a upgraded heat exchanger and smaller pulley.. They would love E85.. Also I don't know how much power that car is making as it still has the stock 39lb injectors.. Good looking car man!

Was your dads a saleen SuperShaker kit? The SuperShaker kit came with 39# injectors. They weren't stock for the PJ car. I don't plan on messing with this car. I'll probably have it dyno'd just to check the tune and power

TClark22

Established Member
Well that's interesting. From the pictures I don't see a blower snout sticking out over or around the alternator. Is it one of those stupid rear facing with a shaft and pulley on the front end?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
The SuperShaker option is a twin screw blower that retains the functional shaker hood that came on the PJ car.

Stock they came n/a because the SuperShaker kit wasn't available when the PJ cars came out. The SuperShaker upgrade came available about a year later. We installed the kit on this car when it had 6,900 miles on it.

Was your dads a saleen SuperShaker kit? The SuperShaker kit came with 39# injectors. They weren't stock for the PJ car. I don't plan on messing with this car. I'll probably have it dyno'd just to check the tune and power

Yep he had one of the first super shaker.. He did FORE rails, 80lb injectors, GT500 pumps, smaller pulley, throttle body, a bigger h/e and tank..

Users who are viewing this thread