Bought a Saleen Parnelli Jones SuperShaker

03'Darin

Established Member
Beautiful car. Are you going to Carlisle Pa? You should register with one of the saleen clubs and park in the saleen section!

I doubt it. I don't think I can make the time to get there. Crazy since I only live about 30 minutes from there.

Well that's interesting. From the pictures I don't see a blower snout sticking out over or around the alternator. Is it one of those stupid rear facing with a shaft and pulley on the front end?

The blower is down under the intake portion so the blower is hidden pretty well. The snout does come out the front.

Yep he had one of the first super shaker.. He did FORE rails, 80lb injectors, GT500 pumps, smaller pulley, throttle body, a bigger h/e and tank..

Nice! My Cobra is about 600 hp so I don't plan on changing this car. My plan is to keep it pretty much stock.

Thanks for all the compliments on the car everyone!

The car is in great shape and I'm tickled to be able to own it. I'll post some pics of the undercarriage once I get time to put it on the lift.

03'Darin

Established Member
I like those rims alot! Very clean car!

They are a replica of the mini-lite style racing wheel

Very clean! Love the orange color too

The car isn't "perfect" since it does have a few VERY small stone chips. But it's always been in a climate controlled garage and never driven in the rain other than being caught in a light shower. Under hood has no dirt anywhere and even the inside of the wheels didn't have any dirt on them.

If I get time this weekend I'm going to throw it up on the lift and if so I'll take some undercarriage pics also.

For those that don't know the car is a replica of Parnelli Jones 1970 Boss 302 Trans Am road race car.

http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadt...saleen_ford_mustang+side_by_side_boss_302.jpg

Oops... not sure how to link this picture to show up..

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Very very nice. Those PJ's were great cars. I loved those Saleen Supershakers. I had on on my 08, bought one of those Sherrod Mustangs, one of the first kits they had done. I ended up doing stoptechs 3:73 gears, and exhaust on the car. For wat I had the car ran a solid 12.2 @ the track.

The%2BWolf.JPG

Attachments

• The%u00252BWolf.JPG
    The%u00252BWolf.JPG
    296.1 KB · Views: 396

03'Darin

Established Member
Here's a picture of how well the blower is hidden. You can barely even see the pulley from the front of the motor.

EA0AF054-BED5-4CA7-A83C-F2C3EBDD6B58_zps3c1vm0yg.jpg

B2648114-2E58-439C-BE1D-97179CBFA6F8_zpsgvpagu4b.jpg

03'Darin

Established Member
that is perfect. best looking 05-09 car you can buy imo

I've actually never been a big fan of this body style car in stock trim. However throw the right set of springs, wheels and some MINOR paint or graphics and I like it. The PJ has always been my favorite of any moded 05-09 style car.

Last edited:

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Didn't know much about these. Always thought they were just graphics/marketing package cars. Didn't realize they were actually 302's, and the super shaker kit is a sweet add on. Nice mustang!

03'Darin

Established Member
Congrats the PJ Saleen's are sweet they sound good stock too.

I think the motor work helps make the car sound the way it does, along with the exhaust too of course.

Didn't know much about these. Always thought they were just graphics/marketing package cars. Didn't realize they were actually 302's, and the super shaker kit is a sweet add on. Nice mustang!

These cars actually have a lot of work done to them. Motor, gears, entire suspension, brakes, interior, additional gauges and wheels and tires.

Great car. Take care of her and enjoy.

Thanks and will do!

03'Darin

Established Member
Put it up on the lift this morning and discovered the rattle that I thought was a broken baffle in the muffler turned out to be the right muffler had seperated from the tailpipe. All I have to do is loosen the band clamp and slide it back on. I took a couple pictures while I was under there.

DEFA6458-98AF-4F54-8FB1-54FEF5CBBFF3_zps9ltpauis.jpg

E219800E-4DC3-483C-9AE6-48E3A4CA2FD6_zpsiejudsz9.jpg

The original rear Pirelli's with almost 15,000 miles on them. Most people were replacing them at about 15,000 on any of the sc'd Saleens we sold.

A23603E0-D24F-43C8-9A46-6007AA1ADAA5_zpsatpxmiqu.jpg

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
congrats man, looks awesome. I've always loved the PJ cars and the Super Shaker blower is icing on the cake.

Users who are viewing this thread