Boyd is dead

SVTBMG

Banned
The guy was dick anyway. I saw him at a car show in Orange county a few years back. Wouldnt talk to anybody. I heard similar stories from others. His cars sucked as well. He will not be missed by many. A lot of people hated him.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
Love him or hate him, he did make a deep impact on the rodding scene.....

RIP Boyd

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
He might have been a dick, but I will always love the Aluma coupe...even with it being a Foose design :D

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Condolences to his family. It's a shame he was such a jerk, that'll really tarnish his legacy.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Everyone I know @ Rad Rides by Troy never had much nice to say about him, but like mentioned...he's contributed a lot to hot rods. I haven't read the link posted or know his age, but seemed too young.

spike_africa

Established Member
That sucks, if you have never seen the body coddington smoothy II's on a Lightning then you cant really appreciate how good of a wheel designer he is.

Sad to see him go even if his rep over the last few years has gone down from the TV show. But alot of you don't know how stressful it is to run a business and the camera's don't help.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I really liked the Chezoom! RIP

chezoomkf9.jpg

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Most of you don't know his early work when he did it all himself.

He was a great builder. Yea his show may have shown the worst side of him but to call him names is just sad.

92z28

Established Member
R.I.P

All I know is that if I had a business to run and I had a bunch of guys messing around while there are deadlines to make with a bunch of cameras in my face my reaction would make Hitler seem like a nice guy.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
That sucks, if you have never seen the body coddington smoothy II's on a Lightning then you cant really appreciate how good of a wheel designer he is.

I doubt he even designed that wheel. He was talented in finding talent in his later years, but his rush to finish cars instead of taking his time and making sure the job was done perfectly in later years really brought the rep of his shop to a halt. While the Teutuls might look mildly retarded on TV, at least their custom bikes are built well, they stand behind them, and have good bodywork done on them.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Damn, i know he wasn't the nicest man, but he is still human, Chip foose use to work for him, but I think he was scarred from chip leaving him and his painter.....his painter went to chip foose, that overhaulin' show, it was badass, but overall RIP BOYD

Users who are viewing this thread