Bracing For Katrina

csumt76

Established Member
Be safe guys. I just went through it in Lauderdale, but it will be much worse your way.

fastbird86

Established Member
I don't know how its gonna turn out but i'm stayin, mainly because I don't have any money to go anywhere else.

csumt76

Established Member
As of this morning, Katrina is officially a cat 5.... 160mph winds. Get out if you can.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Staying put here in Holden also. Make sure dem gator fences don't get ripped out of the ground Todd :uh oh: .

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
91lxcoupe said:
Staying put here in Holden also. Make sure dem gator fences don't get ripped out of the ground Todd :uh oh: .

That is what the ole lady said :D :D :D

Looks like the sum beotch is going to make a late right hand turn and we will miss the HARD stuff.....I hope

Later

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Hope you guys can stay safe, last i saw 175 mph winds with over 190 mph gusts. Everyone in front of and to the right of the eye is going to get the worst of it, be safe and get out if you can.

gduquett

SVT Rocks
Established Member
Good luck guys - I can't imagine staying with the wind speeds they are predicting for some of you. I stayed through Charlie in Orlando (sustained wind of 115) and it pounded my area and ruined my house and car.

If you have the chance to go, I would.

I wish the best of luck to all of you. The worst part is dealing with the stress when putting it all back together after the storm is gone... that lasts a long time.

I am not really religious, but I will be saying a prayer for you all tonight.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words. Its getting windy and stormy here right now and power will probably be out within hours unfortunatly.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
if anyone want to come to jackson, i'm at MC, and have an extra bed.

later
chiz

Bowens99GT

Established Member
Goodluck guys, Seems like ever since I moved all these hurricanes started coming. Most of my family is already gone on there way up here. Get out if you can, Stay safe if you cant.

Urgent - Weather Message
National Weather Service New Orleans La
1011 Am Cdt Sun Aug 28 2005

...devastating Damage Expected...

.hurricane Katrina...a Most Powerful Hurricane With Unprecedented Strength...rivaling The Intensity Of Hurricane Camille Of 1969.

Most Of The Area Will Be Uninhabitable For Weeks...perhaps Longer. At Least One Half Of Well Constructed Homes Will Have Roof And Wall Failure. All Gabled Roofs Will Fail...leaving Those Homes Severely Damaged Or Destroyed.

The Majority Of Industrial Buildings Will Become Non Functional. Partial To Complete Wall And Roof Failure Is Expected. All Wood Framed Low Rising Apartment Buildings Will Be Destroyed. Concrete Block Low Rise Apartments Will Sustain Major Damage...including Some Wall And Roof Failure.

High Rise Office And Apartment Buildings Will Sway Dangerously...a Few To The Point Of Total Collapse. All Windows Will Blow Out.

Airborne Debris Will Be Widespread...and May Include Heavy Items Such As Household Appliances And Even Light Vehicles. Sport Utility Vehicles And Light Trucks Will Be Moved. The Blown Debris Will Create Additional Destruction. Persons...pets...and Livestock Exposed To The Winds Will Face Certain Death If Struck.

Power Outages Will Last For Weeks...as Most Power Poles Will Be Down And Transformers Destroyed. Water Shortages Will Make Human Suffering Incredible By Modern Standards.

The Vast Majority Of Native Trees Will Be Snapped Or Uprooted. Only The Heartiest Will Remain Standing...but Be Totally Defoliated. Few Crops Will Remain. Livestock Left Exposed To The Winds Will Bekilled.

An Inland Hurricane Wind Warning Is Issued When Sustained Winds Near Hurricane Force...or Frequent Gusts At Or Above Hurricane Force...are Certain Within The Next 12 To 24 Hours.

Once Tropical Storm And Hurricane Force Winds Onset...do Not Venture Outside!

God Bless!

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Well to all of you in the path of the storm. May God keep you safe and keep your families safe. I live In TN, and I was in New Orleans for my Hunnymoon. I hope to be back in the area this October. My prayers are with you all. Keep safe my fine Ford freinds. :)

Users who are viewing this thread