Bracing For Katrina

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
black99lightnin said:
Made it through ok. Got power back yesterday. Evaced to north of Jackson and they lost power there. Had to run off a generator for 2 days at my house until power came back.

Oscar, I believe he posts as Lawman, lost his house and his 03 cobra vert. 8ft of water will really **** some things up.

Phone service is still a joke.

Richard,
Im glad you made it out ok. Any word from Bobby yet? And how about Walt, I read on nloc that he thought he may have lost his house. I talked to Brad a couple days ago, I was just glad to hear from someone down there.

Matt

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
mhays26 said:
Richard,
Im glad you made it out ok. Any word from Bobby yet? And how about Walt, I read on nloc that he thought he may have lost his house. I talked to Brad a couple days ago, I was just glad to hear from someone down there.

Matt

Bobby's fine, just looking for a place to rent currently. Walt's house was fine. Just no electricity, sewage.

SHAKER3

Established Member
cobraRcraig said:
Yeah, talked to rick last night they're allright, He said that he talked to kevin and I also talked to Todd (blown boyou).

If anyone has heard from Dave please check in. I know he's prollay in the middle of that crap.(looters and all)

Has anyone heard from Mike and Wayne (Slidell)
I hope everyone is ok. and god bless.
I'm ok and you're right,I'm in the middle of all this crap but its getting better. My Mach has some minor scratches that I believe I can buff out once I get the oppurtunity to work on it. Lawman(Oscar) took a severe hit,he lost his house and his cobra but the family is ok. I haven't heard from Wayne but I do know that Slidell took a severe hit,lots of flooding.

shfd739

Established Member
We did okay in Mobile.Lost two trees and some privacy fence.Had no power for 6 days.Where I work in pascagoula our ambulance station had knee deep water and we are at approx 18 feet above sea level.My car is fine I left it at my parents house in Mobile,glad i did since it would have flooded.Down toward the beach houses are gone with no sign that they were there except for a slab.Pretty much everyone south of hwy 90 in pgoula was flooded to some extent.

Lawman

Established Member
Yep, lost the house, Cobra, and after taking a boat to survey the damage, I was devastated when I found both of my dogs dead from dehydration.
I left them on the 3rd floor of my mother-in-laws' house, in order to prevent them from drowning.
They ran out of water and died. :(
I cried like a baby. I have my family,and I'm very grateful for that.
My dogs were also my family and I will miss them dearly.
The water was past my gutters, and onto the roof.
My Lieutenant and I stepped off of the boat, and walked right onto the roof of his house.
It's really going to hurt, seeing my house "bull-dozed."
It will take some time, but we've decided to re-build, and stay home.
I've been in Louisiana all of my life, and I just can't imagine living anywhere else.
I sit here now, holding a picture of my dogs, and I wish I would have taken them to work with me.
I can't help but to feel responsible for their deaths.
I'm so sorry Harley and Benny. May you go with God, and may you rest in peace.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I hate to hear that Oscar. I'm a huge animal person and have a soft spot in my heart for em, I have 3 jack russells of my own. Good luck w/ your rebuilding process and let us know if we can do anything for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread