Brake kits from Evolution worth the money?

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
Thats what I'm talking about.How difficult is it to switch them over?
I'm trying to get my car to go 9's on the stock blower and a small shot.So wouldn't that help alot with it weighing 75lbs less? And also with weight transwer?

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I think you car 60ft.'s well enough...you need more power...If anything the weight saving will help more then the weight transfer.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Why not change over to the gt brakes? There is some weight savings there and you can get all of it for 200. I changed all of it but never checked to see the difference in weight.

jerrytubbs1

Established Member
I have gt brakes torunmy 15"bogarts and welds. Seems that they didnt save alot of weight.The rotors werelighter but the calipers heavier or vise versa.I just remember it was something like that.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Thats what I'm talking about.How difficult is it to switch them over?
I'm trying to get my car to go 9's on the stock blower and a small shot.So wouldn't that help alot with it weighing 75lbs less? And also with weight transwer?

at 10.30s all you need is a small shot to get in the 9s

those brakes are not street friendly and i believe they require spindle
mods .... cutting/grinding .

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
wow your running 10.3x's with an unported blower and no nitrous?

Please list your mods!

Blaine

Established Member
Strange Lightweight Drag Brakes - 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 [B4148WC] - $600.00 : Evolution Performance, Performance Parts & Accessories - Ford Mustang & Shelby Experts

I cant keep Fred on the phone long enough to answer my questions.So I'm gonna ask you guys. Will these brakes help with weight transfer thatmuch? Is anyone here running them?

These brakes as posted above are not for street, but Griggs system uses the Wildwood brake kit which are for the street and also reduces weight.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Those brake will make your car dangerous of you dive it on the road. They are probably boarderline even on the strip. Not worth the risk of wadding your car running those IMO. If you did and the insurance company sees those could get you in more hot water.

Users who are viewing this thread