Break & Enter...Shelby Keys Stolen

SINISTRR

Established Member
This hasn't happened but it's always on my mind. There are always stories of houses being broken into and the thieves steal the keys to your car. Sometimes they take the car right then, other times they return at a later date and steal the car.

Ya my house is alarmed, and so is the garage. My question is, how many of you hide the keys somewhere? Most of us leave our keys and wallets near the front door purely for convenience. All it takes is someone kicking in the front door, grabbing the keys and walking out the door. You'll return home and notice that nothing was taken only to have the car stolen a few days later.

Sure insurance covers loss but there's no way that I would ever want some punks to rip around town in my car, trashing and vandalizing it along the way, only to have them ditch the car somewhere. This would have the cops find your car and, of course it will be returned to you beaten and trashed.

So my advice, hide your keys to your Shelby's, and whatever other cars you have. And don't hide them in a dresser drawer because nearly 100% of Break & Enters have all the drawers dumped onto the floor.

Food for thought....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you have a terrible nightmare or something last night?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
If my keys are not in my pocket they are on the key rack in the laundry room. Only way to that room is going across the house from front or back door. Even then you have to look for the key rack. Extra keys are locked in the safe.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
My car keys are out of sight when Im not home and not using the car. And Im usually packing anyway too.

KARSON219

Established Member
Go ahead...........make my day!

HAHA, okay laugh now guys! I leave mine in the ignition at all times. Mine is kept in the garage and its obviously locked. By some odd chance that my doors are open, this means Im home. Now, if Im home and I hear the car start and its not me in the drivers seat, someone will taste the barrel of a 9mm. This is pretty clear and simple I think. My neighbors always threaten to take her, the thing is I don't think they are brave enough.

raustin0017

Established Member
When I was growing up my parents kept the keys in the ignition, and the car was in the driveway. House was always unlocked and never thought about anything getting stolen.

Things sure have changed!

Spudz

Established Member
Keep the keys in the laundry room. If someone was dumb enough to enter my home, he has two German shepherds to contend with if he ever wants to get near em.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Established Member
I worry more about my daily driven Prius, that sits in the driveway, will be stolen by some homeless guys and used as a "Soup Kitchen"!

I keep my Shelby Keys in the safe, my AR-15 by my bed and my Labrador in the house with my alarm on. COME AND TAKE IT!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a string tied around the front of my belt that hangs down in my pants that I hang my keys to.

I mean, if someone wants to steal them, so be it. :shrug: :lol:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
If that were to happen (house broken into, keys stolen, but not car), then you have a couple options.

If you don't have a second set, then the car will need to be towed to a dealer, and new keys and remotes will need to be cut and programmed to the car. Once this is done, the old keys and remotes will no longer work. The old keys will physically turn in the ignition, but the car won't start.

If you have a second set that weren't stolen, then drive down to the dealer and have them cut and program a new set, which will delete the program from the old stolen set, which also will now no longer start the car.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
My apbt wears the Shelby keys on her collar. Come and get 'em.

F8F0791E-55F4-41AB-826C-828F5CAEC8B8.jpg

And if someone does happen to steal the keys of my car then I have this message for them:

I may not know who you are. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for scammers like you. If you pay back the keys now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.:beer:

JeremyR

Established Member
Im not worried about it...i hope they break in when im home, ill have a 30-06 waiting for em at the top of the stairs.

Superhawk2002

Established Member
When I was growing up my parents kept the keys in the ignition, and the car was in the driveway. House was always unlocked and never thought about anything getting stolen.

Things sure have changed!

Yep, I remember leaving the front and back door open all night (with a screen door) to allow summer breezes through. Never thought twice about it as a kid. My Dad was a bit of a crazy gun nut with 3 daughters and still didn't blink an eye at leaving doors open.

I leave the Shelby keys in a random cabinet drawer. Honestly, if they want anything bad enough, they will take it with or without keys.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I'd almost rather them have the keys so they don't hole punch my door and jack my ignition lol.

On a serious note, I do need to think about putting the keys in a better place.

Fastfords

Established Member
This hasn't happened but it's always on my mind. There are always stories of houses being broken into and the thieves steal the keys to your car. Sometimes they take the car right then, other times they return at a later date and steal the car.

Ya my house is alarmed, and so is the garage. My question is, how many of you hide the keys somewhere? Most of us leave our keys and wallets near the front door purely for convenience. All it takes is someone kicking in the front door, grabbing the keys and walking out the door. You'll return home and notice that nothing was taken only to have the car stolen a few days later.

Sure insurance covers loss but there's no way that I would ever want some punks to rip around town in my car, trashing and vandalizing it along the way, only to have them ditch the car somewhere. This would have the cops find your car and, of course it will be returned to you beaten and trashed.

So my advice, hide your keys to your Shelby's, and whatever other cars you have. And don't hide them in a dresser drawer because nearly 100% of Break & Enters have all the drawers dumped onto the floor.

Food for thought....

Pretty much what happened to me in 08'. Car keys were in a kitchen drawer. Car was stolen at the time of the break in. 3 months old with 700 miles. Recovered after insurance paid me off. Now I lock anything of value in a large gun safe. Also have an home alarm. Until then I never worried about cars being stolen from my house, always thought it would happen when I went somewhere......:shrug:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member

Food for thought....

Is there some crime wave in Ottawa we haven't heard about? Or is the snow so deep you are stuck doin too much supposin?:shrug: :beer:
J/k
My preference is that if someone comes to take it, they do it when Im not home. Im more worried about other things I have - my wife and kids. Im usually carrying a pistol, own a Browning 1919, and have most things in between.

But what do you grab when a perp has a family member between you and them?

Users who are viewing this thread