Breaking News: Jack Roush involved in plane crash at EAA

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Sounds like Jack Roush, who is visiting the EAA, was involved in a really bad landing and was injuried coming into Oshkosh.

ESPN:

NASCAR team owner Jack Roush suffered minor cuts on his head in a plane crash Tuesday evening at Whitman Regional Airport in Oshkosh, Wis.

Roush was flying his private jet, a Beechcraft Premier 1A from Detroit. The jet made hard contact on landing and cracked the fuselage.

Brenda Strickland, a friend of Roush's, also was on board the plane. NASCAR journalist Bob Margolis, who is writing a book about Roush's life, was told that Roush and Strickland were not seriously hurt.

"Jack got out and had blood some blood on his face," Margolis said. "Apparently he bumped his head. They both were taken to a local hospital for observation, but I've been told they are OK."

Roush, an aviation buff, was expected to attend the Experimental Aircraft Association's annual AirVenture in Oshkosh, this week.

Roush, an experienced pilot, suffered serious injuries in a plane crash near Talladega, Ala., in 2002. He was flying his P-51 aircraft when it crashed into a lake. Roush was unconscious and would have drowned, but he was pulled from the water by Larry Hicks, a retired marine who lived nearby and saw the crash.

Roush was in Oshkosh for EAA AirVenture, an annual air show.

mysterio

Established Member
Not his first crash. Luckily, this time it appears to be minor injuries.

Safe journeys, Mr. Cat in the Hat

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
bout time for old jack to let someone else do the flying for him. not like he can't afford it.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
His first crash wasn't in his P-51, it was some sort of experimental aircraft.

hmmmm

News > BUSCH: Jack Roush press conference - Motorsport.com

Jack Roush said:
Anyway, Wiley Sanders and Kenny Campbell, under their charge had such an airplane, so Ed and Connie made the arrangements that I would fly an P-51 down there and that we'd have a little birthday party and I'd get a chance to fly this little airplane. Well, I was out doing that when something went totally wrong for me. Since I have no recollection of the day, I can't know if I had a problem with the aircraft or if I simply had a pilot problem of judgement in not seeing the wire that I ultimately ran into. But I ran into a wire that was, by some estimations, 75-feet off the ground and went into eight-feet of water across the pond from Larry Hicks' house.

Last edited:

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
Just heard about this. Hope everything is okay and it's not just being downplayed. I have a huge amount of respect for Jack Roush.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Glad to hear that Jack wasn't seriously hurt. Yeah, I think it's time for Jack to hire a pilot. I'm sure he loves flying but it seems it would be the best thing to do after this. JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread