Brembo Spare question

Laztug

Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 with the brembo pkg. I was wondering will an 18" spare off a 03 Gt clear the rear wheels? I used search with no success, and google has been no help. Has anyone tried this yet?

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I have a 2012 5.0 with the brembo pkg. I was wondering will an 18" spare off a 03 Gt clear the rear wheels? I used search with no success, and google has been no help. Has anyone tried this yet?

Not a good idea to run an 18" wheel with a 19" wheel on the other side, unless the over all height is the same. I'm pretty sure any 18" wheel will clear the rear brakes(you may need a spacer to change the offset as to not contact the caliper with the wheel spokes). But most will NOT clear the front.

01bluesnake

Established Member
As said above, the tire height wont be the same and wouldnt recommend running a a pre 05 spare. I keep my 18" spare in my car (originally non brembo car) and can always use it in the rear if needed to get where i need to go, or get my tire fixed. Just would have to do some tire swapping if i got a flat in the front because i now have Brembo's and would have to swap a normal wheel from back to front.

Users who are viewing this thread