Bronco Build and Price: A very Hackett delay...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
So..

Yes, its annoying... but waiting isnt the best option.

Reserve one ASAP. They're building in order of reservation received. At this point it'll be mid- late 2022 before you'll see yours.

The $100 deposit is 100% refundable if you decide you dont want it.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk
Reserve one through Nick!!
Wife and I are VERY interested in the upcoming Bronco. We wanted to put down a reservation, but decided that until we know exactly what pricing and options looked like we would wait. This was when the Bronco was paper launched on July 13th.

Well, goddamned if we arent still waiting. I have a hard time imagining why in the absolute hell its taking Ford so long to get this Build and Price launched. Just when I think Ford is taking a good step forward, its really the same old same old.

Anyone have any inside info when this ship is leaving port?

@SID297 @13COBRA
Ford wanted to make 80k in half a year starting April of next year. Now they have over 150k+ reservations. This will take some time to build. I bet the first ones don’t show up till July 21 as well.
Are you serious, Mid to late 2022? I thought it was an suv not a ****ing Ferrari. Lol at the balls on Ford.

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
@RedVenom48 , I'm surprised why you never did the reservation. The deposit is refundable so there's zero risk on your end. I understand that you wanted to see what the pricing and options are but now Nick is saying with all the reservations in thus far you're looking at mid to late 2022.
Wife and I were going back and forth on it. Not knowing pricing was a big deal to her, regardless of deposit refundability. Shes been told shes going to be work from home for most of the week. Once, maybe twice a week she'll have to go to the office. It's been back and forth but there was a semi-formal announcement last week. Looks like that's the plan. That was also playing a large part.

She has a car that we just learned may get what she owes in value from Carvana. We didn't want to make a decision on getting rid of it till we had a more clear picture of what her work situation would be like.

We've got our Excursion (paid) and my Shelby (close-ish to being paid off). Not having her car payment will let her save for a down payment and get my car paid off faster. So, we decided on the days she needs to go in, she takes the Excursion and I take the Shelby. If she has to go in unexpectedly, my father in law (retired, technically disabled) said she could use his car.

But if it's truly a year out, maybe a year and a half before we take delivery, it may make sense to get the Super Duty we want to get first. Gives the Bronco time to mature etc while we pay off the SD. If they really are trying to compete directly with Wrangler, Bronco isn't going anywhere once it launches.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wife and I were going back and forth on it. Not knowing pricing was a big deal to her, regardless of deposit refundability. Shes been told shes going to be work from home for most of the week. Once, maybe twice a week she'll have to go to the office. It's been back and forth but there was a semi-formal announcement last week. Looks like that's the plan. That was also playing a large part.

She has a car that we just learned may get what she owes in value from Carvana. We didn't want to make a decision on getting rid of it till we had a more clear picture of what her work situation would be like.

We've got our Excursion (paid) and my Shelby (close-ish to being paid off). Not having her car payment will let her save for a down payment and get my car paid off faster. So, we decided on the days she needs to go in, she takes the Excursion and I take the Shelby. If she has to go in unexpectedly, my father in law (retired, technically disabled) said she could use his car.

But if it's truly a year out, maybe a year and a half before we take delivery, it may make sense to get the Super Duty we want to get first. Gives the Bronco time to mature etc while we pay off the SD. If they really are trying to compete directly with Wrangler, Bronco isn't going anywhere once it launches.
I just picked up a Tremor. Ill need to work my ass off to pick up a Bronco too, but I have one reserved first full day reservations. Thats the goal. As far as pricing Im assuming it will be about the price of a JL. Badlands 2dr with 12 inch display will be close to $50k msrp. Im hoping its $50k with the 7sp and Sasquatch. Amazing my Tremor was just a few thousand more...

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

Do what I'm doing and don't stress about the initial run and being one of the first. Wait for the Raptor/Warthog to be unveiled so you can see the whole lineup at that point and then jump in at that point. I'm sure the Ford Performance version will be even harder to get a hold of once orders open, but if you've waited that long then you can wait a little longer for the right one and by that time all of the excitement for the Bronco in general should subside.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
F25FD2E0-4A21-4308-9098-B54A7295C75F.jpeg

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Do what I'm doing and don't stress about the initial run and being one of the first. Wait for the Raptor/Warthog to be unveiled so you can see the whole lineup at that point and then jump in at that point. I'm sure the Ford Performance version will be even harder to get a hold of once orders open, but if you've waited that long then you can wait a little longer for the right one and by that time all of the excitement for the Bronco in general should subside.
Just talked to the wifey. Thats what we are going to do, as I get the feeling that many dealers will have an ADM. Im sure there are plenty that wont, but my wife said "Im cheap, and I wont pay full retail for one, no matter how much I want one." lol I love this woman.

Sides if/when there is a Bronco Raptor/Warthog, Jeep will have responded and hopefully there will be some healthy market competition (competitive pricing). Which is what the Bronco is supposed to be after all. Unless the Wrangler 392 is just ****in amaze balls lmao...

Civkik

Established Member
Build and pricing go live in October. If you haven't reserved yet and you are concerned about not getting yours in a timely manner, then you procrastinate and I do not feel bad for you.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
bro, save some cash, wait a year or 2. They will be a dime a dozen. And cheap as ****. Then again imma jew, buying a brand new car is very tough for me LOL.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It’s still a year or two away if you reserve one now. Talk to Nick. He will sell you a new one for cheaper than used....
No your wife needs/wants this over the c8.
bro, save some cash, wait a year or 2. They will be a dime a dozen. And cheap as ****. Then again imma jew, buying a brand new car is very tough for me LOL.

my wife NEEDS a c8. In fact, she told me to sell the c5Z. She also said if I get a c8, she will give me a BJ every night for 45 days in a row.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Build and pricing go live in October. If you haven't reserved yet and you are concerned about not getting yours in a timely manner, then you procrastinate and I do not feel bad for you.

Not concerned about being first. Concerned about knowing exactly what is available to us and how much it is. The fact that the Bronco Sport went live and the Bronco didnt is unacceptable in my opinion.

If they did need to add Sasquatch to the manual offerings and revalidate the Bronco, then thats completely fine. Do it WHILE the build and PRICE is live. Update it as necessary to reflect new options.

And no need to feel bad for me. Just means we are getting my Super Duty first. But, then that means the Wifey gets the exact Bronco she wants.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Not concerned about being first. Concerned about know exactly what is available to us and how much it is. The fact that the Bronco Sport went live and the Bronco didnt is unacceptable in my opinion.

If they did need to and Sasquatch to the manual offerings and revalidate the Bronco, then thats completely fine. Do it WHILE the build and PRICE is live. Update it as necessary to reflect new options.

And no need to feel bad for me. Just means we are getting my Super Duty first. But, then that means the Wifey gets the exact Bronco she wants.
May I recommend the Tremor...

Civkik

Established Member
Not concerned about being first. Concerned about knowing exactly what is available to us and how much it is. The fact that the Bronco Sport went live and the Bronco didnt is unacceptable in my opinion.

If they did need to add Sasquatch to the manual offerings and revalidate the Bronco, then thats completely fine. Do it WHILE the build and PRICE is live. Update it as necessary to reflect new options.

On the reservations page it shows the starting MSRP of each model as you go to select your trim level.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Why does it matter? Your not buying one.

It's "you're" not "your" for one. For two you're right, I am not buying one. It's just bit audacious of Ford's part to take 3 years to introduce the vehicle and another 2 years to deliver it. Ferrari can play that game because, well it's a fricking Ferrari.
I get keeping supply tight and demand up, but jerking people around for 2 years for a mass production 4 cyl SUV is ridiculous in my opinion.
And I'd venture to say it's more of a tell of Ford's mismanagement and disarray than a marketing ploy. A lot can change in 2 years.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I understand your dilemma. A lot of folks are in a similar situation, especially with the impacts of Covid-19. But at least when you make a deposit, there is NO requirement on your end to buy since your deposit is refundable. I will say that it's a bummer that with availability as far out now as mid to late 2021, that you can't at least get pricing information at this point. If you find another vehicle possibility but prefer the Bronco, you then have to make a big decision which might include passing on the Bronco. :( You are considering going with a Super Duty for now, which is good for you since the option works for you.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It's "you're" not "your" for one. For two you're right, I am not buying one. It's just bit audacious of Ford's part to take 3 years to introduce the vehicle and another 2 years to deliver it. Ferrari can play that game because, well it's a fricking Ferrari.
I get keeping supply tight and demand up, but jerking people around for 2 years for a mass production 4 cyl SUV is ridiculous in my opinion.
And I'd venture to say it's more of a tell of Ford's mismanagement and disarray than a marketing ploy. A lot can change in 2 years.

So it gets your blood pressure up even when it does not affect you?

Users who are viewing this thread