Brothers

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t know anyone under 60%. I know active duty that are 70%. How the **** does that work lol.

But oh well. They’re just stealing tax dollars that we’re stolen from us so whatever.

Since I personally know so many that take the systems time and money, I don’t have any patience for people complaining that the VA doesn’t help. Maybe if their own comrades weren’t clogging up the pipeline and stealing the funds, they could get the help they need.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

So much truth in this post.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Funny story

I scored the exact same score on my hearing tests when i discharged 12 years after my initial test at meps lol

And i never wore ear plugs in the acft lol

The audiologist said he had never seen that happen before

Side note i knew several people that did 4-6 years and were getting 40%+ for dumb shit...especially females

MG0h3

Established Member
And yet our government throws billions of dollars at other countries and lets millions of illegal aliens cross our borders. We need to take care of the military vets and our elderly citizens.

They are, by and large. And fraud on the part of vets is huge.

The “VA doesn’t take care of vets” is a lie.

MG0h3

Established Member
Sleep Anea alone is 50%. Even missing an arm in battle I believe is only 10%. Is sleep apnea really that big an issue? I know my Uncles best friend died of it, but I've never heard it be an issue other than that.

Hahah ya that’s how my buddy got such a high rating. Sleep apnea.

Something like 98% of people tested come back positive for sleep apnea, according to the sleep center chick I was dating.

But his is from PTSD. From being a mechanic. In the Air Force. In Italy haha.

MG0h3

Established Member
Funny story

I scored the exact same score on my hearing tests when i discharged 12 years after my initial test at meps lol

And i never wore ear plugs in the acft lol

The audiologist said he had never seen that happen before

Side note i knew several people that did 4-6 years and were getting 40%+ for dumb shit...especially females

They must’ve ****ed up one test or the other. Hell, just old age should cause a reduction in hearing.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hahah ya that’s how my buddy got such a high rating. Sleep apnea.

Something like 98% of people tested come back positive for sleep apnea, according to the sleep center chick I was dating.

But his is from PTSD. From being a mechanic. In the Air Force. In Italy haha.

Old man at work...."Yeah my son is a Retired Senior Chief, he has PTSD cause he was over in the Middle East when the Cole got hit and he saw bodies floating through the water". I said he was on the Cole? No he was just on another ship over there. I LOLed inside. I said I was on another ship over there, and no bodies were floating through the water and even so that gave him PTSD? This dude is a liar because 6 months ago we were talking about his grandson going through boot camp and now he doesn't have a grandson that went through boot camp. Run DMC wrote that song SHUT UP for this dude.

* Apologies for aiding in off topic discussion

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone abuses the **** out of PTSD…. They give it like hot cakes….

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You should 100% be service connected for Tinnitus. Should appeal. You likely had a shitty doctor, who gave a shitty opinion.

Tinnitus is only 10% as that is what I have for it, but there may be more available if your symptoms are more severe. The ringing is far worse now than when I first applied and people have been making comments about how I'm not hearing them at work so it might be something I need go back and get retested for further degradation of my hearing.

Also, loss of limb or a lost eye is automatically 100% from what I remember.

What the VA will screw you on is if you have say a back injury and a neck injury that are separate with separate symptoms. My lower back causes Sciatic pain and my neck is often sore and stiff and sometimes pops and goes out where I can't move. When I submitted I made all of this clear but both injuries were counted as 10% together because they state that the two are related to each other when that is not the case and my records prove it. My rating is 30% total: 10% for tinnitus, 10% for back/neck, and 10% for my knee.

ToddW702

Established Member
I know a VA disability lawyer who will only take PTSD cases and tells me he will never fail to win some sort of rating with most being over 80%. He will not even bother with vets with other conditions he says it’s a waste of time fighting for two years and getting them a 15% rating. The treatment provided by the VA for PTSD is not good. Most people stop treating immediately after their rating. It does seem like you have to fight pretty hard to get anywhere with the VA though.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I know a VA disability lawyer who will only take PTSD cases and tells me he will never fail to win some sort of rating with most being over 80%. He will not even bother with vets with other conditions he says it’s a waste of time fighting for two years and getting them a 15% rating. The treatment provided by the VA for PTSD is not good. Most people stop treating immediately after their rating. It does seem like you have to fight pretty hard to get anywhere with the VA though.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
But let's give out housing and foodstamps to 50% of America but nickel and dime the 5% that might actually deserve it.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Tinnitus is only 10% as that is what I have for it, but there may be more available if your symptoms are more severe. The ringing is far worse now than when I first applied and people have been making comments about how I'm not hearing them at work so it might be something I need go back and get retested for further degradation of my hearing.

Also, loss of limb or a lost eye is automatically 100% from what I remember.

What the VA will screw you on is if you have say a back injury and a neck injury that are separate with separate symptoms. My lower back causes Sciatic pain and my neck is often sore and stiff and sometimes pops and goes out where I can't move. When I submitted I made all of this clear but both injuries were counted as 10% together because they state that the two are related to each other when that is not the case and my records prove it. My rating is 30% total: 10% for tinnitus, 10% for back/neck, and 10% for my knee.

Hey broseph, I said…. “You should 100% be service connected”…. i didn't say that tinnitus gives you 100% disability rating…..

Mystic said that he is NOT service connected for it, even though he is/was a weapons instructor and handled loud mechanical equipment….

Also amputations are not automatically 100% rated. It will depend on the amputation.

In regards to your spine… The VA doesnt rate by injury, brother. They rate by severity. In regards to back or neck…. They rate the spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar). It is based on the severity of condition(s) related to the spine. Now, Im not saying that they got your rating right, as the rating value might have been under appreciate. Im just explaining how it works.

The process itself can screw you in a myriad of ways. The process itself can also “bless” you. It depends on many factors. Some under your control and some beyond.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You would be surprised at the small amount of veteran’s (comparatively) that have actually got legit PTSD. For combat reasons or an actual legit service occurrence. A tooooooon of people abuse that card. Especially women.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Hey broseph, I said…. “You should 100% be service connected”…. i didn't say that tinnitus gives you 100% disability rating…..

Mystic said that he is NOT service connected for it, even though he is/was a weapons instructor and handled loud mechanical equipment….

Also amputations are not automatically 100% rated. It will depend on the amputation.

In regards to your spine… The VA doesnt rate by injury, brother. They rate by severity. In regards to back or neck…. They rate the spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar). It is based on the severity of condition(s) related to the spine. Now, Im not saying that they got your rating right, as the rating value might have been under appreciate. Im just explaining how it works.

The process itself can screw you in a myriad of ways. The process itself can also “bless” you. It depends on many factors. Some under your control and some beyond.

Sorry, my post wasn't entirely directed at what you said. Just responding and adding to a couple posts that I read and you had replied to it so I quoted you.

Users who are viewing this thread