Brown Recluse

REPCobra10

Established Member
My mother got bit by a brown recluse a few years back, OP. The sooner that she gets treatment at the hospital, the better! The venom is some mean shit that can and does dissolve/kill living tissue. Look at this: The Brown Recluse

EDIT: My mother was bit in late afternoon, around 4:00 P.M., but didn't start feeling extreme pain until early morning, say around 2-3:00 A.M, at which point she went to the E.R. She waited, but I wish she wouldn't have. Anyways, they treated her and did whatever they do for Brown Recluse bites. She is fine now, but she does have a nasty scar and a "dent" in her leg from where the venom started going to work and killing her living tissue around the bite! Seriously, it's nothing to take lightly, OP!

Last edited:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
My friend had one on him once .. only once
Man-on-fire.jpg

:)

On a serious note, I wouldn't mess around. I'd go get it checked now.

Crowley

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Update:

Confirmed Brown Recluse.

She just left the hospital. Bloodwork done. Received tetanus injection, steroid injection, steroid cream, antihistamines, and anitbiotics.

Has another appt. Friday or tomorrow if symptoms worsen. She said she feels fine right now. I'll update.

Marked:

DA4FCCDC-E42C-4ACB-8332-E33D9D660AC9-17663-0000130A5B7CE18E_zps307afb9a.jpg

makevelie187

Established Member
man hospital asap. I got bitten on my ass while sleeping and i thought it was a pimple, 1 week later i was in the doctors getting a 4 inch needle of something to prevent it from eating by flesh which hurt more than the swollen bite, the needle right in the bite OMG painful. Horrible memory ugh... I think my whole left cheek was black and blue those bites are nasty! My doctor gave me like 60 Norcos because he knew how painful it would get and i couldn't even sit down. Hope shes ok

Last edited:

IShb3w

Established Member
T3Qjn1R.jpg

I adjusted the contrast and such to show the discoloration under the skin, and circled it.

Hope the medicine she was given works.

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member
man hospital asap. I got bitten on my ass while sleeping and i thought it was a pimple, 1 week later i was in the doctors getting a 4 inch needle of something to prevent it from eating by flesh which hurt more than the swollen bite, the needle right in the bite OMG painful. Horrible memory ugh... I think my whole left cheek was black and blue those bites are nasty! My doctor gave me like 60 Norcos because he knew how painful it would get and i couldn't even sit down. Hope shes ok

lol

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Good god, that ****ing sucks dude. Good thing she went to the hospital because those bites get very bad. I hope the skin around the bite doesnt get worse.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Definitely keep us updated, man. Glad that they were able to catch it quick, and hopefully the medicine is good to go.

If she was inside the house when this happened, she needs to immediately have the house bombed by a pest control company to ensure there are no more.

*Excuse Any Grammar or Spelling Errors*
Tapatalkin' on the iPhone

blacksrt

Established Member
I still have a dime size scar from one of those suckers.... I am lucky.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don't know how the rest of the US is but the fact that she had a visible wound is clear to me that it was no normal spider bite. Any spider bite I've ever experienced has always just been a red itchy bump with no visible bite marks or actual damage of the skin. Seeing the wound I would have started worrying, but after catching the spider I would have been rushing to the hospital. Glad she got checked out quick though and didn't wait.

I recall a news story about a family who's house was literally infested with hundreds of BRs. He moved his wife and baby out but the husband continued to stay in the house to fight them. Screw that! There were no joke hundreds of them!

Users who are viewing this thread