Bruce's Secret Weapon

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
My uncle once told me "never bet a golf game against someone who has a better tan than you". Of course I have not taken his advice yet because I am MUCH too young to golf! :coolman:

Bruce,
Beware. Gary is probably silent since he is from Augusta, GA and probably partying with Bubba Watson (last year's Masters Champion). ;-)

Here is Jerry and Gary at Road America. They were good back then: :-D

Jerry6.gif

Heck, Gary was good back about 7 years ago at VIR:
GJ.gif

Boz.gif

Recently, he has been hanging out with that FL crowd (just saying):
GA.jpg

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It's been a busy off season. I have 'officially' given up on engine builders wanting a 500 RWHP NA small block engine. Tried it twice, blew 'em both up. The Wegner motor only ran an hour. :rollseyes This time I opted for a 500 hp Ford Racing crate push rod Boss engine. James, my hired gun mechanic, did most of the work on this project. He did a great job. I just helped on a few fitment issues. Of course I had a torch (my favorite tool) in my hand when I helped.

I took the car to Marv's at C&M Performance for a tune yesterday and all was well. We put a few ponies down on the dyno. The car weighs about 3,040# with me in it and a half a tank of fuel. Friday James and I are heading to Auto-Bahn Country Club as Vince's guest on Friday and hope to have a successful shakedown with it. So far the weather looks good. Of course I have some old tires I have to burn up before I put the good tires on but I have to get comfortable in the car and get a feel for it again. The car has never actually run good enough up to this point for me to drive it in anger yet. So videos to follow soon hopefully.

Here's a couple of pics:

Attachments

• Blue engine bay 2014.jpg
    Blue engine bay 2014.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 274
  • Blue on dyno 7-8-14.jpg
    Blue on dyno 7-8-14.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 267

flattrack53

Established Member
Looks like a fun car Bruce... Make a nice little video of the car. I always have enjoyed the others.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I remember Mark building that car, and following the progress.

Glad to see you keeping it up and continuing to make it better :burnout:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Here's a video of the first day of the shakedown. This was at Auto-Bahn Country Club in Joliet, IL. I was invited there as a guest for Full Course Members Friday on July 11th. Thanks Vince. :thumbsup: Initially they told me I had to run in the "C" group and then the grid marshall came over after my second session and said I had to run in the "A" group! :rollseyes

Now that the car is actually running.............. we had some issues with the brakes and stopping the car. This is a much easier problem to deal with than blowed up motors, I can assure you. :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RvXOQD-aVsk

JoeJ

Established Member
The car sounds great and looks like it handles really well. Looking forward to seeing it on track soon. I will be at Barber Aug 2 & 3. Also thinking about making Watkins Glen and Mid Ohio in Sept with Wayne Manor. We should meet up and have some fun on track.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I always liked that car. The two men behind the effort and the unique path they chose in terms of content, the controversy, and then poof! It seemingly disappeared.

If anybody out there was going to take it up a notch it was you Bruce. Nice to see you enjoying it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Well we figured out the brake issue. There was a little binding in the bias adjustment and once we took it apart and put it back together the binding in the pedal assembly went away.

The next outing was at Road America at the LAPS event. I have some footage of a couple of laps playing with Darwin. The Go-Pro camera does absolutely no justice to the proximity of the car in front. When it looks like there is a full car length, it's about 5'. When it look like 6' it's about a foot. ;-)

The car turns into the corner like no other car I've ever driven. It's insane how this car turns in. This was my first time at Road America with the car in this configuration. We were running sub 2:30's and hope to pick it up a little once I get a little more comfortable in the car.

Here's the video link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rYMb5bcadk&list=UUvEx0tzjOp3kmAyAQz0w6vA

SlowSVT

Established Member
Ah, the blue car. I like the blue car. I like the red car too. Where's the red car? I miss the red car :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread