BS or Not BS

speednutz

Established Member
Seen this video on UTube: 2013 SHELBY GT500 DYNO STOCK WITH MODS 13 14 2014 COBRA SUPERSNAKE - YouTube .
I'm wondering if anyone has done this or whether or not this is BS?
I had a Challenger and put on a CAI, Throttle body and Tuner but never really had any numbers.
Seems like alot of HP for the few things they have done so just wondering if it BS or not.
Any info would be appreciated !

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
50HP with the TB and Tune sounds about right. The filter and resonator delete do not add much if anything more than sound and somewhat less restriction. The only I question is his math, but who knows many have thought these cars put out a little than the actual rating

Last edited:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Yes he's a member, and my dealer. That is his personnel car.

I did similar mods to my car and ended up with 660 RWHP.

MNCobra

Established Member
he is my dealer as well and at some point it will be on my car....just seems like nice gains for not having to mess with changing the pulley....

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
he is my dealer as well and at some point it will be on my car....just seems like nice gains for not having to mess with changing the pulley....

Once I have to put a tune on the car, the pulley will get changed along with it. Changing the tune will be the only thing that holds me back on specific mods.

SVTKen

Established Member
I think some members here were unfairly critical of the last discussion he started. If you ask me, his post was very, very clear, and put in a way that anyone could understand, yet some members criticised the title of his thread for being misleading. I hope he wasn't scared away by all the negativity because I personally think his information was very useful.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
Whose tune is it? Is Ray Skillman having their own tunes done, or just reselling SCT Tuners with pre-programmed tunes from Lund?

Sure would be a great mod package if Ford would still honor the warranty.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I think some members here were unfairly critical of the last discussion he started. If you ask me, his post was very, very clear, and put in a way that anyone could understand, yet some members criticised the title of his thread for being misleading. I hope he wasn't scared away by all the negativity because I personally think his information was very useful.

Yeah, it's always a risky call to come hear as a dealership rep. I think his vids are the best put out by any dealership I've seen. Watched one vid from a NY dealership and almost had to shoot myself to put me out of my misery. "Yo Frankie, give it some juice!" :lol1:

If we buy his package will he still honor the warranty? :D

It is up to the manufacturer to cover a warranty. They can't just "Void" your warranty. But if you add something that causes a failure, they don't have to cover it. These engines are stout. Unless you are abusing the car, you shouldn't have a problem. It's a grey area you have to be comfortable with. I have modded many many Mustangs without issue... The key is doing it right.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It is up to the manufacturer to cover a warranty. They can't just "Void" your warranty. But if you add something that causes a failure, they don't have to cover it. These engines are stout. Unless you are abusing the car, you shouldn't have a problem. It's a grey area you have to be comfortable with. I have modded many many Mustangs without issue... The key is doing it right.

Yeah, I understand that. It's easy to stay away from problems when all you've modded is your exhaust, brakes, or a short throw or whatever. "No, I'm sorry, but my air freshener did not cause my clutch failure!"

It's just much more difficult when you have an altered tune on your car. I've had some dealerships work with me and still cover things even if I had a tune (one dealership actually put the pulley and tune on for me), however I've also had a dealership flat out refuse and try to get out of it altogether because of the tune. I'd be perfectly happy buying a package like yours if I currently had a dealership I knew was "mod friendly". I'm working with a new dealership on this 2013 purchase and am hoping they will be staffed with enthusiasts like it sounds like your dealership is.

Yeah, I understand that. It's easy to stay away from problems when all you've modded is your exhaust, brakes, or a short throw or whatever. "No, I'm sorry, but my air freshener did not cause my clutch failure!"

It's just much more difficult when you have an altered tune on your car. I've had some dealerships work with me and still cover things even if I had a tune (one dealership actually put the pulley and tune on for me), however I've also had a dealership flat out refuse and try to get out of it altogether because of the tune. I'd be perfectly happy buying a package like yours if I currently had a dealership I knew was "mod friendly". I'm working with a new dealership on this 2013 purchase and am hoping they will be staffed with enthusiasts like it sounds like your dealership is.

If your dealership refuses to make an attempt to get an item covered, you should seek legal council. It isn't the dealerships decision. Their job is to submit the claim in an honest and truthful manor and if the manufacturer refuses, you can always fight it, but unless it's a catastrophic failure that was obviously caused by a Mod, they should cover it..

MLM Law - Lawyer Grimes & Reese PLLC - Attorney Specializing in Multilevel Marketing - Understanding the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

speednutz

Established Member
Thanks to ya all for the feedback / responses......... Much Appreciated !!:rockon:

I think I'll have a go at it in a few months when it starts warming up.

J.T. - I'm going to send you another e-mail and or a phone call sometime this week.

acroholic

Established Member
So lets say you have this package and a problem develops. Can't you just reinstall the factory TB, air filter, tube and reflash your original program, and the dealersip is no more the wiser?

speednutz

Established Member
So lets say you have this package and a problem develops. Can't you just reinstall the factory TB, air filter, tube and reflash your original program, and the dealersip is no more the wiser?

I talked to a few Mechanics and I get different answers so I'd be interested to see what JT has to say.

On my Challenger I changed out the TB, CAI and put in a Tuner.

I put it all back to original when I traded it off and no one said anything so I'm guessing it all was good.:shrug:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

I've always heard a tune change could be detected even if you return it to stock before bringing it to a dealer. So, I think they CAN check, but have no idea if they actually WOULD if everything else appeared stock. Probably depends on what service you required.

Users who are viewing this thread