Bucking the trend

Dadz500

Established Member
So it seems like more and more people are ordering their cars with Stripe delete, as mine was, or removing them once they get their car. However, I did not factory order my car, someone else did and then backed out, so no factory stripes for me. To me, Shelby Stripes are part of the Shelby tradition. So let me know what you think. They are a dark blue with lots of pearl, not metal flake, but pearl, like a factory paint color. I also lowered it an inch +/- while there with the Steeda springs. I have the SVTP Package and it does not seem to change the ride any, perhaps the smallest bit tighter on sport mode.
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Trbo6gn1

Established Member
Not my cup of tea but hey whatever you like...I would have went with black stripes to match the wheels and front facsia. The blue doesn't really fit in anywhere.

Penemyone

Established Member
Not a traditional guy, so the stripes aren't for me. I know I'm giving up 20hp with the stripe delete, but I think I have enough HP left to make due.

99 Stang GT 35th Anniv. Pack (Millennium Falcon)

Rotarur

Loflyr
Established Member
Now you really got yourself a real Shelby, very nice, me like it very much. You also just got back 20hp by adding those beautiful stripes.

ybnorml

Established Member
Car looks great. I've never been a fan of stripes on any car. I've always felt they've been over done, however they definitely go hand in hand with the Shelby and is the one car where stripes definitely belong.

Again, nice car!

KsE

Established Member
Looks killer!!! I was also looking to do steeda springs,this just made my mind up!

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Yep .. great choice in the springs. Good to see 'how low' you would go.
I like the stripes the look good, especially if you were to add the a blue detail here and there on the exterior. Looks great!!

VaporDude

Established Member
Nice looking car. I like the stripes on the Shelby, IMO, that part of what makes a Shelby. I ordered the silver with black stripes and glass roof. It has an ETA of 7/28 but we shall see.

RedWhite&Blown

Established Member
I agree with you about stripes on a Shelby. To me they just belong and the ones you added look great! To each their own and everybody should of course have their car suit their own tastes, but to me if it doesn't have stripes it's a high performance Mustang - with stripes it's a Shelby. Just picturing it in my head without them, there's no comparison. Well done. :beer: :rockon:

farmboy90

Established Member
So it seems like more and more people are ordering their cars with Stripe delete, as mine was, or removing them once they get their car. However, I did not factory order my car, someone else did and then backed out, so no factory stripes for me. To me, Shelby Stripes are part of the Shelby tradition. So let me know what you think. They are a dark blue with lots of pearl, not metal flake, but pearl, like a factory paint color. I also lowered it an inch +/- while there with the Steeda springs. I have the SVTP Package and it does not seem to change the ride any, perhaps the smallest bit tighter on sport mode.
IMG_0383.jpg

Well done! Do you have a picture of the ride height when stock? Then I can visually compare...

Zeroescence

Established Member
Please post a link to the springs you used. What else was used to lower the car besides the springs? Did you get an alignment? Thanks. Car looks sweet.

Last edited:

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Looks good, love the drop.

I'm not fan of the stripe delete on the GT500's, it is just too plain looking for my tastes. It just adds that something extra to the retro body style GT500's. I'm also a fan of the stripes that get added to the interior when you get anything but black stripes on the car.

BigDan

Established Member
I love it......... and let those Oakland Raider fans keep their Silver and Black GT500's that's been available every years since 07 :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread