Bucking the trend

Van@RevanRacing

Car looks great. I've always liked silver and blue.

Before everybody jumps on the Steeda band wagon I'm planning and I have ordered the following:

Ford Racing Springs
BMR Springs
Eibach Springs

I'm going to drive the car with each spring for a week or so and I'm going to measure OEM ride height and ride height after each spring as well as my overall interpretation of each spring and ride comparison.

Just a heads up I'm working on that.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

Before everybody jumps on the Steeda band wagon I'm planning and I have ordered the following:

Ford Racing Springs
BMR Springs
Eibach Springs

I'm going to drive the car with each spring for a week or so and I'm going to measure OEM ride height and ride height after each spring as well as my overall interpretation of each spring and ride comparison.

this is what ive been waiting for!!!! :rockon:

AAG

Established Member
Not a fan of silver cars or with stripes, but damn that car looks good in silver with blue stripes!

Zeroescence

Established Member

Ford Racing Springs
BMR Springs
Eibach Springs

Done! I'll be waiting Van.

Dadz500

Established Member
Thanks for all the comments everyone. I am not a fan of stripes except on the Shelby's. I normally pull them off my Roush cars, but as I said, I just think stripes + Mustang = Shelby.

As for the springs, I used the same one's on my old Shelby so I knew I would like them. I normally am a fan of Eibach but I did the full Steeda kit on my old 11 Shelby since it did not have the SVTP Package. I spoke to a couple of people who had the Steeda's on their SVTP Package equipped Shelby's and was told the ride really did not change, so I went with these. The ride really didn't change at all from what I can tell. It MIGHT be a tad more harsh in sport mode (not sure) but in normal mode I think it feels exactly the same. The Shelby ride is a bit harsh in general IMO compared to my Roush Stage 3 or Boss. Just a bit of bounce to it really, not even harsh. I just put Saleen coil overs on my 13 Stage 3 so I am waiting to see how they are, but I was told they ride better then anything out there.

As requested, here are some photos pre lowering and stripes:
13Shelby5.jpg

13Shelby4.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

Here are some photos of the Roush setup even though it is not finished yet:
Front Bakes:
IMG_0371.jpg

Rear Brakes:
IMG_0374.jpg

Suspension with Fays2 Watts Link:
IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0345-1.jpg

IMG_0338-1.jpg

IMG_0343-1.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

Rear: Still needs to come up a bit
IMG_0385.jpg

Front: Still needs to come down a bit
IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

rdsnk46

Established Member
That Roush looks nice, DIB w/red and silver stripes looks perfect to me. I'm confused does the Shelby have stripes or not? Blue stripes in the seats would be very cool in my eyes.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
So it seems like more and more people are ordering their cars with Stripe delete, as mine was, or removing them once they get their car. However, I did not factory order my car, someone else did and then backed out, so no factory stripes for me. To me, Shelby Stripes are part of the Shelby tradition. So let me know what you think. They are a dark blue with lots of pearl, not metal flake, but pearl, like a factory paint color. I also lowered it an inch +/- while there with the Steeda springs. I have the SVTP Package and it does not seem to change the ride any, perhaps the smallest bit tighter on sport mode.
IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

I think it looks perfect. :beer:

Dadz500

Established Member
That Roush looks nice, DIB w/red and silver stripes looks perfect to me. I'm confused does the Shelby have stripes or not? Blue stripes in the seats would be very cool in my eyes.

Thanks, the Roush is sweet. Great car. And yes, the Shelby does have stripes now but was ordered as a stripe delete car.

Jroc

Established Member
Nice!

Now get some nice wheels on it. Sit stock with a drop is stupid and ricey looking on anything from a Civic, to a Mustang, to a L, to a Vette, to a Lambo, etc. If you can find it in your heart to do away with a Roush's very nice looking wheels then you sure as shit can do away with a SVT Mustangs mediocre looking wheels for something nicer.

nickf2005

Established Member
Good looking color of blue you went with OP. Make it yours.

Looks much better with the stripes man. The GT500 without stripes just doesn't seem to have that same striking appearance.

Personally, I didn't want that striking appearance. I wanted stealth/sinister look. You won't find me knocking on one with stripes though. :beer:

What I don't like are the V6's running around with stripes. Makes me get my hopes up when I see one coming on from a distance.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Meh, I don't have a problem with an aspiring V6 owner emulating something he wants but may not be able to afford. Even when I hear some boast (however incorrectly) about how special their car is.

I'm comfortable in my clean sheet of paper, plain Jane axle snapper. I know what I have and don't really care what others (that have no idea) think. Every now and then, the taunted gorilla is unleashed. Unexpected raw power is usually met with silent, gaping amazement.

That's all I need.

Last edited:

nickf2005

Established Member
Meh, I don't have a problem with an aspiring V6 owner emulating something he wants but may not be able to afford. Even when I hear some boast (however incorrectly) about how special their car is.

I can somewhat agree with that logic.

There is a guy I work with who bought a new '12 V6. He talked about how he wanted to buy a GT, but couldn't afford it. After buying the V6, he tinted the windows, put on a hood scoop, a Shelby rear spoiler, and stripes. I haven't costed all these parts out, but if he would have just put that money towards the cost of a car and waited a few months, he would have had the money for a GT. :shrug:

It's all in what you wanna do I guess.

BIRDDOC

Established Member

Ford Racing Springs
BMR Springs
Eibach Springs

You rock Van! I'm looking forward to that review.

Dadz500

Established Member
Nice!

Now get some nice wheels on it. Sit stock with a drop is stupid and ricey looking on anything from a Civic, to a Mustang, to a L, to a Vette, to a Lambo, etc. If you can find it in your heart to do away with a Roush's very nice looking wheels then you sure as shit can do away with a SVT Mustangs mediocre looking wheels for something nicer.

Already have wheels being built for it. Took almost 10 weeks for the Roush wheels to be built. I wish I could just find some "off the shelf" wheels for it but nothing out there really floats my boat, plus I want to go forged. I am also just not a huge fan of the stock wheels. They aren't bad for stockers but they are a PITA to clean. I am going for a more simple look like the HRE's on my roush.

Users who are viewing this thread