Block after.

Accessories

MAF-Housing 123&125mm

Ralf:banana:

Last edited:

German Boy

Established Member
Update

From left to right: New inlet Valve guide - stock valve guide(exhaust) - new exhaust valve guide.

Ralf

German Boy

Established Member
Update:

Uploaded with ImageShack.usInformation:The 2011 5.0 Oil Pump have 10% more Volume then the GT500 Pump.

The Ford GT Oil squirt nozzles have a 1.65mm drill-hole and opens by 58 PSI.
One Ford GT Nozzle 0.1321 Gallon by 65 PSI (4.5 Bar) in 40 sec.

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8249/xje.mp4

Reduces the Nozzle to 1.0mm (Porsche) then need the Oil for the 0.1321 Gallon by 65 PSI 240 sec.

All with Castrol 10W60 TWS!!!

Ralf

Last edited:

JoeRacer

Established Member
Since you are in Germany I was wondering if you could tell me how the GT500 holds up on the autobahn. I know a lot of the German cars are designed with high speed cruising on the autobahn in mind, but the American cars are not. My brother lived in Germany for a few years and said the American cars did not hold up as well after being driven at such high speeds (he owned a Porsche, and later BMW which he brought back to the states). Has your GT500 been reliable being driven at those speeds for sustained periods?

German Boy

Established Member
Since you are in Germany I was wondering if you could tell me how the GT500 holds up on the autobahn. I know a lot of the German cars are designed with high speed cruising on the autobahn in mind, but the American cars are not. My brother lived in Germany for a few years and said the American cars did not hold up as well after being driven at such high speeds (he owned a Porsche, and later BMW which he brought back to the states). Has your GT500 been reliable being driven at those speeds for sustained periods?

Hi Joe,

the problem whith the GT500 Motor ist the exhaust temperation,
the performance drops with increasing combustion temperature.

Charge air temperature is too high!

With a Water Methanol injection (Waes) is the problem eleminated!

From the speed / rpm keeps the engine and oil temperature are often observed.

Ralf

JoeRacer

Established Member
I think my brother when he was talking about American cars that were having problems on the autobahn wasn't necessarily talking about the Mustangs or Corvettes, but more of the Ford Focus lol.

What you are saying about heat soak makes perfect sense. It's one of the biggest drawbacks from the factory to the supercharged vehicles that Ford has made (Lightning, Terminator, GT500 ...).

Are you going to have the tune modify off of the Air Intake Temp (AIT) so when/if there is a problem with the Alcohol Inj. Sys. (AIS) the computer sees the rise in AIT and will modify ignition timing accordingly? If I was going to modify my Lightning I'd run an AIS system. Here in Florida the ambient temps are high enough that heat soak is a constant issue with boosted cars (especially if they don't have intercooling).

The build looks awesome, I can't wait to see more German engineering applied to GT500 engine building!

Users who are viewing this thread