Buying my first Termi. Advice is appreciated

Ddawg18

Established Member
Buying my first 03/04 Cobra! Advice is appreciated

Hello all

As soon as I pick one out I will own my first terminator. I have cash in hand ready to go. However I am a complete noob to any problems, mods to have, mods not to have and whatnot.

I had heard in early 03 these cars has problems with the 4 thread heads. What else should I look for and what can I expect to get for about $18k? I really want a stockish car with lower miles.

Thanks in advance fellow Terminator owners! :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

perry2k12

Established Member
Stock car with low mileage will most likely be much more than $18k. Listen for any weird clanks, clunks, bumps, knocks, taps coming from the engine/drivetrain area. And the stuff you'd look for on any other car... bald tires etc. Also, read Cobrabob's FAQ at the top of the Terminator Talk page. PS... don't call it a "termi" or you will get a lot of hell here.

Ddawg18

Established Member
Not really getting started on the right foot around here. Good luck!

Then don't bust my balls over something stupid...if you want to answer my question then do so..if not then move on

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ddawg18

Established Member
OK lets start over...I tried to put "03-04" cobra as an edit. I will never say Termi again although I don't get why....carry on! :D

b_dike

Established Member
OK lets start over...I tried to put "03-04" cobra as an edit. I will never say Termi again although I don't get why....carry on! :D

not sure why either. i just dont do it cause it pisses ppl off... either way pissing off the ones who can help is not a good idea.

btw a compression check is a must...

gl :beer:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Then don't bust my balls over something stupid...if you want to answer my question then do so..if not then move on

If you can't handle a simple joke then I suggest you move on cause you won't last in here very long.

Ddawg18

Established Member
Are you serious? All because I asked a question then someone had to pick on how I worded something? Very silly. Its an internet forum everyone needs to relax.

Ddawg18

Established Member
not sure why either. i just dont do it cause it pisses ppl off... either way pissing off the ones who can help is not a good idea.

btw a compression check is a must...

gl :beer:

Thank you sir! Didn't think about that.

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Are you serious? All because I asked a question then someone had to pick on how I worded something? Very silly. Its an internet forum everyone needs to relax.

Relax? You're the one getting worked up... You need to turn Jersey Shore off and go take a breather for a minute.

Ddawg18

Established Member
Relax? You're the one getting worked up... You need to turn Jersey Shore off and go take a breather for a minute.

Dude...I am watching Snooki and Jwoww...not jersey shore...so stop!

Ddawg18

Established Member
Step 1: Don't call it a "Termi"

So Leta start over here...I have been in the market section for the past week checking cars out and i see "wtb Termi" and "Termi for sale" a lot so I guess I repeated the lingo....sorry to have hurt your feelings, now if you can contribute something to my thread I will forgive you :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread