C&D GT500 vs. Z51 C6

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
BetterthanU said:
when only a handful of guys in the entire corvette community have ever pulled those times? I don't think an 03 cobra is a low 12 sec car, even though evan smith got one down to 12.3ish.

:shrug:

we may just have different definitions.

when a car is capable of hitting 11's stock it is an 11 sec car, regardless of who is driving.

i understand that not all car(c5 z06s) are a like. i also understand some have more power than others. but when 6 drivers with 6 different cars are all able to hit 11's some as deep as 11.7 it starts to become clear. given the right driver any stock 405 hp z06 can hit 11's in good conditions. this in itself makes the z06 an high 11 sec car.

cars of all kinds have hit 11's with less power to weight than the z06. and yet you say the 405hp z06 can not hit the 11 sec barrier? :burn:

BetterthanU

Banned
never said that dude, in fact I said it was possible, but very rare, and I told you ranger has one of the lowest recorded times ever in a stock c5 Z at 11.8 and 11.7x....I haven't heard of the 5 other drivers, not that they don't exist.

Last edited:

gonein60

Banned
Jpjr said:
I think the perverbial Mustang enthusiast responds to this.. "Wait, I'm spending $50k and I still need to mod my car to handily beat a stock Corvette?"

Sorry, that's what I'm thinking ;)
Only a fuc#ing moron would spend 50k for this car. I'll buy it at MSRP, or I won't buy it at all.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
gonein60 said:
Only a fuc#ing moron would spend 50k for this car. I'll buy it at MSRP, or I won't buy it at all.

Only a fuc#ing moron would keep posting time and time again about 50k for this car. In every damn thread in this section!! Or the weight for that matter. :burn:

JUST GIVE IT A F0CKING REST ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone has 50K to spend and they want the car, it's their God given right to buy the damn thing! If you don't want to, that's just fine with me?!?! :fart:

bluestreak89

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i understand that its difficult to do. i know that i cant not drive that well. but that does not dismiss that fact that 6 different drivers with 6 different stock z06's have hit 11's. to me this is more than just the ringers z06 can hit 11's. i honestly believe that if you take a great driver with good conditions any 405 horse z06 will break 11's bone stock.

with the gt500 i dont think this will be the case. most notable the weight balance, with so much weight on the wrong end, drivers will not be able to launch like they need to to hit 11's without sticky tires. the gt500 is a low 12's car. and as said earlier to save 3 tenths in the first 60 feet is no big deal with dr's or better yet et's. i think those drivers with stock gt500 and et streets will be able to pull a 11.7.

summation, the 405hp z06 is a high 11's car stock and the gt500 is a low 12's car stock. :beer:

I completely agree with that statement, only I'm thinking 11.8's on et streets.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I still think 12.9 is not a bad time.. It just would have been nice to have it edge the vette out..
Oh well..

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
I just sold my 03 cobra for a new 2006 c6 vette, Im so glad I did !!!. I have owned two mustang gt's and four differant cobra's all starting back from 1990. I thought no way would I ever go to a corvette, but I took a test drive in one and all I got to say is Ill never go back to ford. The vette is light years ahead in weight, suspension, performance, fit and finish. Ford is just going in the wrong direction, as soon as I saw the gt 500 I new I wasnt going to buy one at the msrp. I think if all the people who owned a cobra, took a test drive many would jump ship after a test drive.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
apg2369 said:
I just sold my 03 cobra for a new 2006 c6 vette, Im so glad I did !!!. I have owned two mustang gt's and four differant cobra's all starting back from 1990. I thought no way would I ever go to a corvette, but I took a test drive in one and all I got to say is Ill never go back to ford. The vette is light years ahead in weight, suspension, performance, fit and finish. Ford is just going in the wrong direction, as soon as I saw the gt 500 I new I wasnt going to buy one at the msrp. I think if all the people who owned a cobra, took a test drive many would jump ship after a test drive.

Now make sure you pick up some gold chains and Rogaine!! ;-) :poke:

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
apg2369 said:

Funny, I did just that. Went & took out a 06 Vetter Vert with Z51 Perf Pack 6 Speed Man. Although I was more impressed with it than I thought I would be, it didn't make want to part with my 03Vert. The most impressive thing to me was the light feeling of the Vette vert, after driving I checked the weight, the Vert is 3199lbs, and you really do notice that lightness. I was thinking, bolt on a ProCharger & hit 500rwph @ 3200lbs, hmm, but after driving it, I just didn't get an emotional response, and the $ is up there for a Vert, so here I am in my TermVert still lovin life ... but still watching for sub MSRP pricing on a 500, or not, I dunno.

D.

Last edited:

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Now make sure you pick up some gold chains and Rogaine!! ;-) :poke:

svt performance is a place where we can talk about cars...but it seams like this site is turning to shit day by day with all the smack talking people like yourself and others that cant respond in anything worth value.

:nono:

mrGT

Established Member
apg2369 said:
svt performance is a place where we can talk about cars...but it seams like this site is turning to shit day by day with all the smack talking people like yourself and others that cant respond in anything worth value.

Actually, svtperformance.com is slowing becoming vetteperformance.com

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
apg2369 said:

Hey, it's the INTERNET!!! I said what I said with a "wink" and a "poke".

If I hurt your overly sensitive feelings maybe you should stick to the vette forums where they will be a little more compassionate to your needs?!?!? :rollseyes

Gimme a friggin break! :fart:

Fourcam330

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Hey, it's the INTERNET!!! I said what I said with a "wink" and a "poke".

If I hurt your overly sensitive feelings maybe you should stick to the vette forums where they will be a little more compassionate to your needs?!?!? :rollseyes

Gimme a friggin break! :fart:

You're such an ape :read:

:p

07shelbyguy

Established Member
apg2369 said:

I don't think they're going in the wrong direction at all. Of course, they messed up on the weight with the Shelby but everything else looks to be good. Almost everyone who has driven it has given the Shelby high praise. Not to mention, the Shelby looks alot better then any corvette. When MM&FF took the Shelby out on the road people frecked out over the mere sight of it. I never have seen anyone do that with a corvette. And MM&FF said with just a pulley swap, air intake upgrade, and computer tune you should be in the realm of 600 rwhp. :rockon:

bunk22

Established Member
07shelbyguy said:
Not to mention, the Shelby looks alot better then any corvette. When MM&FF took the Shelby out on the road people frecked out over the mere sight of it. I never have seen anyone do that with a corvette.

I like the looks of the GT500. However, looks are subjective so the Shelby looks a lot better to you in this case. I assume you have a C6 since you know people didn't freak out over the mere sight of it when it first came out. That or you're near Vette's enough to make this assumption :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread