C&D GT500 vs. Z51 C6

GTWill

Established Member
True, power to weight and a less than desireable (kindly said) weight dist. will make for a difficult launch. Can't wait to see a GT500 with dr's. And to think they started w/ 255's on the rear. Sorry about that just trying to get my post count up.j/k

Last edited:

marcs93

Established Member
Premium Member
Have any of you hatters read the m/t article?You should get a little more informed before you go bashing this car.12.7@116They couldn't say enogh about how well balanced this car is.

3000ways

Established Member
marcs93 said:
Have any of you hatters read the m/t article?You should get a little more informed before you go bashing this car.12.7@116They couldn't say enogh about how well balanced this car is.

That's suppose to be impressive, seriously I was expecting way low 12s and traps atleast 118mph+. I'm sorry the car is very overweight and over priced and I am disappointed. Also M/T tested a 2003 EVO VIII at 13.08@106MPH a feat never accomplished by any 2003 EVO VIII owners, except one.

3000ways

Established Member
Well actually it owners are hitting consistent 116mph trap speeds, then I would say that is a very good improvement, especially with the extra weight. But I just hoped for more with 500HP.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Exit Speed said:
For those of you who have never done cornerweights on the terminators. I have removed over 110lbs off the front of my car and I have 56.5/43.5 front to rear distribution. That tells me stock is more around 60/40. These cars can be made to handle OK at best. I can speak to this as I have put more than I am willing to say in the suspension and chassis. These cars are built to go straight and look cool. It's just the way it is!

If that is so what ever possessed you to dump all that money into a car you consider to be primarily a drag racer? A Cobra handles "OK at best" :dw: Try driving a 68 Charger and you will have a whole new appreciation on how well these cars handle. If a Cobra was built as a drag car Ford would not have bothered with the expense of an IRS. It's no BMW but .9G's is nothing to sneeze at. For what the car is I have no complaints in the handling Dept.

Your post is lame

Fourcam330

Established Member
youngster said:
let fourcam buy a shelby if thats wat floats his boat hey i guess he enjoys driving a 4000 lb car thats fugly then so be it. For the money corvette any day. Id rather buy i geo metro and put 35000 into and it wud rape the shelby and look better at the same time and still have 5,000 in my pocket. These gt500 guyz are funny. THe new ones are an insult to the originals.

No shelby for me. :nono:

Fourcam330

Established Member
BetterthanU said:
you're almost at 2,000 posts, keep goin!!! Next up, yo mama jokes!!!

Sure am. Scroll through my posts on this site alone and you'll find more real tech than you could ever hope to surmise in a lifetime.

Fourcam330

Established Member
BetterthanU said:
also you might wanna re-read my statement again before your try to make a (your only) point about my IRS comment...I was refering to how the removal of the IRS takes weight off the back, and the engine adds it to the front, which one would think makes it less balanced, and handle worse. Everyone knows you can make a solid axle handle just as well, the IRS just provides great handling with ride comfort. Sorry that it initially appears the GT500 isn't a huge leap forward for the Cobra line (vs. e55's progression, m5's progression, Z06's progressions, etc...), hope you don't get gouged too bad.

LOL the rest of your post is just as bad. If I wasn't so damn sick of the same old BS I'd do a line by line.
What's more, the E55, M5, and Z06 are cars that cost 75-100% more than the GT500. Comparison is not only useless, but flat out stupid.

Exit Speed

Alpha Omega Racing
Established Member
SlowSVT said:
If that is so what ever possessed you to dump all that money into a car you consider to be primarily a drag racer? A Cobra handles "OK at best" :dw: Try driving a 68 Charger and you will have a whole new appreciation on how well these cars handle. If a Cobra was built as a drag car Ford would not have bothered with the expense of an IRS. It's no BMW but .9G's is nothing to sneeze at. For what the car is I have no complaints in the handling Dept.

Your post is lame
Russ, You should know better than to compare a car from the sixties to a car of today, after all you are an engineer. I know the limits of the terminator in stock form. I have open tracked it a couple of times that way. Out on track with vipers, vettes, and the like I was getting lots of time put on me even with the 480 RWHP. This is why it is so cool now that I have transformed my car. I put time on about anything on track that is not under 3000 lbs. Most people at these events are not used to seeing these cars do what my car now does. It is a big time sleeper, and it makes the open track scene that much more fun. I had one guy driving a GT3 come over and tell me in so many words that my horsepower kept me out in front of him. :whine: Truth be told, the right driver would have put that car around me. Point is Russ, and anyone who is in denial about the mustang chassis, suspension, and weight, I have been on track in both stock and modified form and have concluded that from the factory the car is not a handler compared to other cars I see out on the track. You know what, that's OK, just enjoy what you have and if you want more from it, than mod it! You are right Russ, I did put a lot of $ into a drag car. It was really fun building what has turned into a pretty unique and capable track car. Peace to all.

NoSup4U

Banned
Fourcam is just upset because his predictions that this anchor would run high 11s stock and close to 120mph all turned out to be laughable. Not even close in fact. Look at some of his old posts to see the hubris. If he were to admit that his predictions were patently off base then noone would care but he continues to flog the "wait til they get Michael Schumacher to drive this on a set of slicks in negative DA....then I'll show you" nonsense. Fact is the car is what it is. Deal with it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
NoSup4U said:
Fourcam is just upset because his predictions that this anchor would run high 11s stock and close to 120mph all turned out to be laughable. Not even close in fact. Look at some of his old posts to see the hubris. If he were to admit that his predictions were patently off base then noone would care but he continues to flog the "wait til they get Michael Schumacher to drive this on a set of slicks in negative DA....then I'll show you" nonsense. Fact is the car is what it is. Deal with it.

12.25 is not close to 11.99?

GTWill

Established Member
NoSup4U said:
Fact is the car is what it is. Deal with it.
So tell us what it is. One of the mags. ran a 12.25 @ 117 deal with that. The truth is it's too early to tell what it is you're just too caught up in the hate fest to see it.

begone

Established Member
Obviously Ford screwed this one up, or guys wouldn't be debating on weight, IRS, and comparing it to the older SVT's. They'd be singing it's praises like the Chevy guys are with their Z06's and C6's - even while their roofs flying off and all. This mustang should have been the badest mustang out of the box EVER! - by a clear margin. But it's not, plain and simple. Whether you like the GT's looks are all subjective, but the performance numbers are not. And they are pretty dang poor for a Mustang badged the Shelby GT500. Man they screwed this up! Dang you Ford! I've got my eyes set on the Vette now.

BetterthanU

Banned
Fourcam330 said:
LOL the rest of your post is just as bad. If I wasn't so damn sick of the same old BS I'd do a line by line.
What's more, the E55, M5, and Z06 are cars that cost 75-100% more than the GT500. Comparison is not only useless, but flat out stupid.

You have no valid point, that's why you say you're too lazy to make one yourself. Firstly (I'll type sloooower), what I'm saying is ....look at the 1/4 mile, etc... progression from previous models in current sports cars (z06 115ish vs. 124-126, m5 109ish vs 118, e55 107ish vs. 115)....and the shelby, at best will have a 4mph increase, but not for lack of a similar (to the others) HP increase. Sadly (lol), we don't have a new f-bod (the best comparison) to match it up against.

The shelby, btw is a 50k car when all is said and done...there will be many people waiting, and picking up a used Z06 for slightly more instead of getting gouged on the shelby. The current trend in every sports car new model 40k+ is more power and LESS weight.....hell an extra 100-150 lbs would have been tolerable. Now I'm the one who's sick of your BS and you not being able to comprehend the basic structure of an analytical sentence.

Last edited:

BetterthanU

Banned
marcs93 said:

57/43 with viscious nose dive, and a very similar skidpad to previous models is not a good platform for well balanced, sorry....although I have heard it can handle well for a 3900 lb car in the twisties, with alot of understeer. I'm not doubting that people are going to be able to squeeze a couple more mphs out of it...it's still very early.....bottom line is this car is going to need 50+ more hp than similar competition just to stay even because of its weight....handicapped right from the start....and it has effected handling, braking and accel.

Last edited:

BetterthanU

Banned
NoSup4U said:

:D :whine:

yup at the end of the day, it's a 3900+ lb "sports coupe" with a big engine, fairly good skidpad, poor weight distribution, big brakes; which seems to run mid teens in the 1/4, and is not a huge step above previous models performance-wise

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread