C&L GT500 Intake?

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Is anyone here running with the C&L GT500 intake? If so, what are your thoughts and opinions? Would the "stock" supercharger (my only upgrade to that is the 2.59" pulley and tune) and TB be able to fully take advantage of this intake or does this intake work best with a larger capacity TB/supercharger?

2007-2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 C&L System

Thanks

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Your stock supercharger will benefit greatly from a CAI and re-tune. The stock air box is very restrictive. You are leaving a lot of power on the table without upgrading to the FRPP 113mm, JLT 110mm, or C&L version.

EDIT: The above statement only applies to the 2007-2009 GT500.

My advice, go ahead and buy a JLT 123 or 127mm. You will have room to grow if you decide to port the stock blower with lower pulley, or upgrade to a larger blower.

Last edited:

AlanSVT

Established Member
I thought the 2010+ stock air box was pretty good compared to the 07-09.

But yes the JLT intake is nice and definitely cleans up the engine bay better.

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
Shoot, didn't pay attention that he had a 2012. DOH!

OP, your stock air intake is fine for what you have.

Ya I figured my stock intake was good enough but I was hoping to put something better in. I guess my question is would moving up to a JLT or the C&L (or any larger mm intake for that matter) be very efficient? Would I benefit greatly or is my intake pretty much maxed out with the stock TB/blower holding me back?

Just wanna get a bit more easy power where I can

Van@RevanRacing

Ya I figured my stock intake was good enough but I was hoping to put something better in. I guess my question is would moving up to a JLT or the C&L (or any larger mm intake for that matter) be very efficient? Would I benefit greatly or is my intake pretty much maxed out with the stock TB/blower holding me back?

Just wanna get a bit more easy power where I can

If you upgrade to a JLT Big Air intake you will benefit from a larger throttle body like the Ford Racing Cobra Jet 65MM Throttle Body. You would essentially be opening up the intake however without a larger throttle body you're choking the air flow by leaving the stock TB in place.

I have JLT Carbon Fiber Kits in stock along with the throttle body if you are interested.

Shoot me an email or give me a call.

Van
[email protected]

Last edited:

beachboybum9

Chris
Established Member
You would essentially be opening up the intake however without a larger throttle body you're choking the air flow by leaving the stock TB in place.

Ah ok that's kinda what I figured. More intake doesn't do me much good if all the extra air is being held up at the TB. Thanks for the info Van.

I'm not quite ready to buy a new set up just yet. Still working on my "build list" :rolling: but I'll keep ya'll in mind :)

Users who are viewing this thread