***c5 Zo6 H/C (stock BE 346) goes 9's***

61mmstang94

Established Member
with a 3150 raceweight and 467rwhp, i have a hard time believing the car traps nearly 139mph... unless you are fibbing about the power it makes, or its weight. that just doesn't line up. even if you figured it makes 500rw on a dynojet because mustang dynos read low, 139mph is still a hell of a strech with a car that heavy with that little power.

one of my old combos made 450rw/420rwtq and raceweight was a hair over 3000lbs, and it trapped 130mph. the same setup on a 100 shot made 558rwhp/596rwtq and it regularly trapped 137-138.

im not out to bust your balls, if your car runs those numbers on motor then that is badass... but i believe you are fibbing somewhere... lol

I agree, it seems a little off, but whatever...looks like the car runs good whether it makes 400 or 500 hp or weighs 3000lbs or 2800 lbs.

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
with a 3150 raceweight and 467rwhp, i have a hard time believing the car traps nearly 139mph... unless you are fibbing about the power it makes, or its weight. that just doesn't line up. even if you figured it makes 500rw on a dynojet because mustang dynos read low, 139mph is still a hell of a strech with a car that heavy with that little power.

one of my old combos made 450rw/420rwtq and raceweight was a hair over 3000lbs, and it trapped 130mph. the same setup on a 100 shot made 558rwhp/596rwtq and it regularly trapped 137-138.

im not out to bust your balls, if your car runs those numbers on motor then that is badass... but i believe you are fibbing somewhere... lol

No need to fib. If you knew me you would know wouldn't lie. My raceweight was approximately 3190lbs.
By converting my rwhp to a dynojet for our paticluar dyno it comes out to around 525-530rwhp CORRECTED.
I'll take it as a compliment.
Also, it's hard to compare because our cars are very different.
One thing people often overlook is the stability of my car @ high rpms.
My cars power peaked over 7000rpms and lost less than 10rwhp to 7500rpms.
If you check out the dyno graphs of other cars you will often see peak HP around 6500 and a major nose dive at 7000.Power under the curve is important and often overlooked.
What was your car making at 7500 would be a good question? I would imagine you didn't buzz it that high, but if you did you may see that you lost 50+rwhp from peak.
It's all good, I don't mind skeptics. Thepeople on here have been more respectful than probably any other site and most people don't even know me.

Robz

Established Member
Easier said than done! :)

The record for any six speed vette at least on the internet is 9.45 which was done only once and never backed up with a similar run. This was done with a 400+cubed motor and lingenfelter twin turbos making 900-1000rwhp.
Most big hp 6speed corvettes never even see nines.
My plan is to go mid nines with a 346 n/a or possibly a 376ci stock LS3(stock suspension) and take out that record and of course drive to and from the track.

Robz

Established Member
I agree, it seems a little off, but whatever...looks like the car runs good whether it makes 400 or 500 hp or weighs 3000lbs or 2800 lbs.

Raceweight for the 3 nine second passes was between 3188and 3200lbs.

6D9

Established Member
Yeah...thats pretty hard to believe. I just read a post from burnin4 with his C6Z06. His car makes 535/495 and they tip the scales about 3100lbs. His car trapped 129-130. He should have a bunch of power under the curve with its larger 427 cid displacement. But I dont think he was running at a track with neg air. But still even if it was it would not pick up 8-9 mph. Either way your car is flat out nasty.....:rockon:

jumbojet

Established Member
Well he's got 4:10 gears which gets him right up into his powerband(which is high obviously LOL)...but if he's in that band making 530RWHP from say 5500-7500RPMs that the same as the C6Z(burnin4) say if he was making 530RWHP from 4500-6500...now I'm not sure how the torque curve is between the 2 but it's clear this C5Z just hooks and goes. I also think the 3200LBS he's claiming is with him in it(correct?)..plus he's in WAYYYY better air..Atco and Cecil County Dragway are the best 2 tracks IMO....

On a side note to the OP..didn't Brent(same guy with the stock 12.56 SRT-8 300C) hit mid 9's with a 6spd NA 346 built by Cartek? Just wondering

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
Well he's got 4:10 gears which gets him right up into his powerband(which is high obviously LOL)...but if he's in that band making 530RWHP from say 5500-7500RPMs that the same as the C6Z(burnin4) say if he was making 530RWHP from 4500-6500...now I'm not sure how the torque curve is between the 2 but it's clear this C5Z just hooks and goes. I also think the 3200LBS he's claiming is with him in it(correct?)..plus he's in WAYYYY better air..Atco and Cecil County Dragway are the best 2 tracks IMO....

On a side note to the OP..didn't Brent(same guy with the stock 12.56 SRT-8 300C) hit mid 9's with a 6spd NA 346 built by Cartek? Just wondering

3200 with me in it yes.
A c6z has hit 130mph bone stock with drag radials.
The guy with the c6z is leaving a bit on the table.
My friend Brent went mid 10's (10.52)with his 6speed NA 346 C5Z06 and is second on the list.
The best track IMO is MIR.
If higher numerical gear ratio's were available for my car I would be able to go much faster and 60' alot better.
There's still more left in this car.

jumbojet

Established Member
Yea didn't Furman hit 130 on the runflats too..maybe it was 129ish....amazing how well the C5Z is at the drags with relatively light mods...in all honesty the C6Z is a warrior on the streets but so far it hasn't wowed me at the drag strip when modded..stock it is impressive with a good driver no question.

What's funny is a not even full bolt C5Z is in the 10.80's now at 126MPH I think..I posted it awhile back

here it is, he has done better since then
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Garys-C5-ZO6-Yellow-Atco_201377.htm"]Gary's C5 ZO6 Yellow @ Atco Raceway - Video[/ame]

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
Yea didn't Furman hit 130 on the runflats too..maybe it was 129ish....amazing how well the C5Z is at the drags with relatively light mods...in all honesty the C6Z is a warrior on the streets but so far it hasn't wowed me at the drag strip when modded..stock it is impressive with a good driver no question.

What's funny is a not even full bolt C5Z is in the 10.80's now at 126MPH I think..I posted it awhile back

here it is, he has done better since then
Gary's C5 ZO6 Yellow @ Atco Raceway - Video

That is my buddy's car who I helped setup with mods/tires, etc..
He race with me and my friends; Anger Management Racing.
He's an excellent driver. Him and I basically planned out what we wanted to achieve with just minimal boltons and our crew made it happen.
I believe we can eek out a high 10.6x with all the bolt-ons in great air but it will be a challenge.
He has also helped me achieve my goals with my car by being meticulous with all the details.

As for the C6Z platfoms, it's a more of a road race vehicle than the C5Z and more expensive so the right people haven't taking the effort into converting it to more of a drag car. With the right crew,driver, and mods it's a beast. Maybe nines witm cam/headers and bolt ons.
Some guys are making 550+ with those mods, it's light and a freakin 427 with Ti connecting rods/valvetrain,etc.

Last edited:

Robz

Established Member
congrats, very impressive!

Thanks for all the responses.
GM High Tech Performance Magazine featured my car in their May 2009 issue.
It is also on their website.
For any of the skeptics, my technichian/mechanic tore the car down at the drag strip immediately after we ran a 9.93@138+.
It was filmed and photographed and mentioned in the article.
Stock bottom end 346 with no power adder.

Robz

Established Member
Thanks for all the responses.
GM High Tech Performance Magazine featured my car in their May 2009 issue.
It is also on their website.
For any of the skeptics, my technichian/mechanic tore the car down at the drag strip immediately after we ran a 9.93@138+.
It was filmed and photographed and mentioned in the article.
Stock bottom end 346 with no power adder.

Here's the other video I promised to post a while back.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket
[ame="http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m98/2000WHITEC5/?action=view&current=20081205115945.flv"]ROBZ 9.93 Record Video video by 2000WHITEC5 - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Once again, Awesome! Nice driving and sick car. Once I'm done with the cobra, I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those. How much money do you think you have in it to run those times?

lilbuddy1587

Banned
There is absolutely no reason to doubt this guy. Not only is his setup optimized to the MAX (car makes insane power from 5500-7500 rpms, which is where he stays at ALL THROUGH THE 1/4 thanks to his gearing/setup) but the dude can drive! Lets not forget the great air as well.

Hats off to you OP, love the ride! Question, are your heads using titanium/hollow stem valves by chance? Beehive springs? 3/8" Push rods? Again, congrats man!

Robz

Established Member
There is absolutely no reason to doubt this guy. Not only is his setup optimized to the MAX (car makes insane power from 5500-7500 rpms, which is where he stays at ALL THROUGH THE 1/4 thanks to his gearing/setup) but the dude can drive! Lets not forget the great air as well.

Hats off to you OP, love the ride! Question, are your heads using titanium/hollow stem valves by chance? Beehive springs? 3/8" Push rods? Again, congrats man!

Thanks.
6000-7500rpms the whole run.
I have trickflow 215 heads with Ti valves
The springs are similar to 921 springs that most vette guys run in performance
They are matched to cam lift and valvetrain.

Robz

Established Member
Once again, Awesome! Nice driving and sick car. Once I'm done with the cobra, I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those. How much money do you think you have in it to run those times?

Thanks Buddy. It's hard to say how much $ but in the vette world things add up quickly.
I think a good deal is buying a used C5Z06 right now maybe very high mileage for like 17K and drop in an ls3 motor with all the goodies. Probably could get away with 40K total but don't quote me. Then you have the safety equipment so it adds up.
I wanted to do it with the 346 stock motor but it's not the wisest choice. I pushing the limits of the car, especially the bottom end on every pass.
With a bigger motor it's so much easier.
I spent alot of money because i did things in stages and alot of trial and error. That caused some parts to be stockpiled that I will never use.
I also did get some sponsored stuff and some great discounts along the way because I was able to advertise well for many of the vendors.
It was a great journey. I want to go bigger cubes when I can scrounge up the cash and may just sell my whole longblock to do it.
I'm also hoping I don't become a slave to the ET as much anymore and actually enjoy the car on the street.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks Buddy. It's hard to say how much $ but in the vette world things add up quickly.
I think a good deal is buying a used C5Z06 right now maybe very high mileage for like 17K and drop in an ls3 motor with all the goodies. Probably could get away with 40K total but don't quote me. Then you have the safety equipment so it adds up.
I wanted to do it with the 346 stock motor but it's not the wisest choice. I pushing the limits of the car, especially the bottom end on every pass.
With a bigger motor it's so much easier.
I spent alot of money because i did things in stages and alot of trial and error. That caused some parts to be stockpiled that I will never use.
I also did get some sponsored stuff and some great discounts along the way because I was able to advertise well for many of the vendors.
It was a great journey. I want to go bigger cubes when I can scrounge up the cash and may just sell my whole longblock to do it.
I'm also hoping I don't become a slave to the ET as much anymore and actually enjoy the car on the street.
Sounds like the exact same trip I've been on with the cobra.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread