C6 Z06 vs. FGT vs. SRTC. *Edmunds review*

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Well i appologise....but you HAVE to agree....i explained why i was here...and it has NOTHING to do with him.

My intentions are good....and i dont understand by my second post how you dont understand that. He started with ME. But I will be the bigger man and stop.

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
WhippleBlowJob said:
Well douchebag.....when someone attacks something that you are fond of (the Ford GT) and then admits afterwards that they were joking....and you still feel the need to bash them in return.....kinda shows a hint of "little penis syndrome".

Well cumdumpster, your only the 1284764534 person to come over here and do it. Same shit different year; I'll own you all day long.

WhippleBlowJob said:
You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and it makes you feel big to talk shit to people on the "internet".

Ever heard of the pot calling the kettle black?

WhippleBlowJob said:
Seems to me like you feel the need to defend your precious GT as if you give a shit what my opinion of it really is

Actually I'm bored, and it's a holiday.

WhippleBlowJob said:
....and the fact that you are "wasting your time" with me....also in turn shows me that I DO get under your skin, otherwise you wouldn't have even responded to my previous statements.

Lets see, how should I respond to this one.

Oh, here we go: The fact that you are "wasting your time" with me in turn shows that in fact I do get under your skin. Otherwise, you wouldn't have responded to any of my utter ownage of your double digit IQ remarks.

Somewhat familiar, sorry got sidetracked at the end there.

WhippleBlowJob said:
I'm not trying to fight with you and your persisting is immature.

You're boring and your persistence is making me laugh my ass off. Can't finish arguing the facts you came in with so you move on to talking more shit than your worth. Keep it up :loser:

WhippleBlowJob said:
You are in NO way making me feel or look bad to anyone.

That's all you assclown, I would never dream of stepping up to your level of making yourself look like a dipshit.

WhippleBlowJob said:
And you certainly are not making yourself look cool.

Because I care what screennames think, which is why I come onto a website and try to start shit with a cool ass username and a halfassed + weak argument then close it down with a pathetic attempt at flaming my way out of it.

WhippleBlowJob said:
But if it helps with your self-esteem tapes and it makes you feel like more of a man, have at it bro.

Yawn, hang on...I need to take a shit. Got some of the self-esteem from the last 15 minuets in this thread coming out.

Looking forward to round 4 :smmon:

Last edited:

The BigSHO

Established Member
Both the Z06 and GT are great cars. Z06 gets the nod for best bang for the buck.

The GT gets the nod for best car. The GT is worthy descendant of the GT40. :thumbsup:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
VT engines did 1250 at the wheels on a 5.4L DOHC with foxlake stage 2 Navi heads. Fourcam has pictures of ported Navi heads against stock GT heads, quite funny.

wow thats impressive... 1500hp on a 324modular is quite an accomplishment. they love boost what can i say. i was just saying that the Ls2 has held 1000hp, the Ls7 block is stronger and should be easily able to support that.

Formula51

Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
Shock and awe, now where have I heard that one before, oh so clever one?

You had to find that atleast a little amusing.

E. Green Cobra said:
Lets see I've been around these boards for a while, infact I have about twice the amounts of posts as you, and every other post has you in a disagreement with somebody in one forum or the next, but its probably because you "DO" in fact know everything huh? Its especially funny because while you claim some sort of superior mental capacity you can't even come up with something to refute my statements, except for the "oh I don't know where to begin line" You don't know where to begin or don't have the capabillity? :loser:and you don't HAVE to do anything you don't want, bliss is just a few drugs or a bullet a way, feeling froggy? Jump :thumbsup: Or is quitting just better than losing?

Yes, I enjoy debating with people and it certainly has nothing to do with me knowing everything. I do like to think I know a little though. Please note, it is not that I could not refute your statements, but simply that it was not worth it.

Grabing the gun and pulling the trigger as I type... BANG! :xpl:

Well, now I am typing from heaven and hope you can sleep at night after telling someone to go kill theirself. Seriously man you should ask for forgivness because I am standing next to the big man and he says you arent getting in until you do! hehe....

E. Green Cobra said:
BTW I do thank you for taking the time to share your valuable thoughts and insight with the more underpriveledged of us. For an encore perhaps you could come up with a solution to world hunger....

Exactly where did YOU come up with facts concerningmileage, gear ratios, tire sizes and wheel weights? I see where you said the z06 gets good gas mileage because GM managed to tune the ls7 so well but thats about it....
College and an education huh? Unfortunately I only graduated 8th in my high scool class with a GPA of 4.22, I'll be graduating from USF this semester, from there I'll be pursuing a job in LE, more specifically the Florida FWC. I bet you're a yale/havard grad by the way you talk yourself up...

I'll get started on the world hugger thing and throw in world peace while I am at it.

Well I am glad you are getting an education, but perhaps USF sucks at educating as much as they do at football? Only joking man! But seriously, you got killed by NC State and they are terrible. I assume LE is law enforcment? Why do you need to go to college to become a police officer (serious question)? I personally think it is scary to know that you are going to be walking around with a gun after telling me to kill myself. :D What is the Florida FWC?

If you want to squash this penis contest with me I will agree to do the same and will dig up some numbers and we can have a healthy debate on this. Sound fair?

I did assume that you had the numbers handy, as you must in order to be so sure that the Z06's gas mileage was do to the gearing and weight and completely unrelated to the efficiency of its engine.

E

Last edited:

mustangbee

Established Member
A modded ford GT owns a modded LS7...for now... the ford gt will have its hands full with its blown chevy counterpart..the SS..yeah, and its not just the spy shots that are causing the stir... the same chevy insiders that came through with the unbelieveable notion that the c6 zo6 would sport a 7.0l ls7, are know talking about the SS..LS9..6.2L supercharged :nonono: ...mininum 625hp stock..90-100k..oh, and can you believe this car will only get around 23mpg!..lol

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
mustangbee said:
A modded ford GT owns a modded LS7...for now... the ford gt will have its hands full with its blown chevy counterpart..the SS..yeah, and its not just the spy shots that are causing the stir... the same chevy insiders that came through with the unbelieveable notion that the c6 zo6 would sport a 7.0l ls7, are know talking about the SS..LS9..6.2L supercharged :nonono: ...mininum 625hp stock..90-100k..oh, and can you believe this car will only get around 23mpg!..lol

Agreed, but remember the Z doesn't need as much HP to equal the GT because of the significant weight difference. Although the GT is not a heavy car, it's by no means light @ ~3500#.

I hate comparing rags, but the last MT that compared them against each other had the GT laying down ~90rwhp less, but barely nipping the Z in the 1/4.

I give just as much credit to the engineers that engineer a light weight car as I do to the powertrain engineers

Formula51

Established Member
Speaking to the durability of the LS7 with nitrous as we were talking about earlier. I found a guy on digitalcorvettes.com who posted this:

150 shot on my z for 3 months, I use it all the time. No Problems. Traction is the issue.

but then again If the wheels are spinning the head pressure never gets a chance to build up. RPM switch is 4,000 RPM to 5900. The rods will have no problem they take 10 X the shock when you power shift 4th.

When on nitros and I am easier on the shifts. Just quick shift and not shock the entire drive train. The only thing I did was put in new plugs.

Rods will take it just fine in the upper RPM but if you try to getto rig it and spray at 2000 rpms then the time and pressure may have problems, I am sure you would lift a head before a rod would bend. I am more concerned about melting a rind from heat. That is why my window is so small. Less time to heat the rings.

In response to what he thinks the car will do in the quarter:

It is hard to tell because of traction. My friend in a 500 RWHP mustang runs 132 mph in the quarter and I walk all over him. I put money down around 138 mph 1/4 time I don't know to many other factors play into time.

Your let you know when Texas tracks open up?

Becasue my RPM switch is set so low I would need to short shift 4th and that would kill a little time. but I can fix that problem in about 10 sec. Just raise the limiter on track days.

A proper install buy a non mentally challenged individual (he canged PLUGS) with NO tunning and no issues after 3 months of use. Not too bad, but then again, there is a 700rwhp+ cam, intake, headers, nitrous Z06 now as well WITHOUT tunning. Obviously these engines have very little time on them, but it is looking good so far.

satx

Banned
Orr89rocz said:
wow thats impressive... 1500hp on a 324modular is quite an accomplishment. they love boost what can i say. i was just saying that the Ls2 has held 1000hp, the Ls7 block is stronger and should be easily able to support that.

LS7 is probably not the motor to run boost on.

satx

Banned
GTSpartan said:
Agreed, but remember the Z doesn't need as much HP to equal the GT because of the significant weight difference. Although the GT is not a heavy car, it's by no means light @ ~3500#.

I hate comparing rags, but the last MT that compared them against each other had the GT laying down ~90rwhp less, but barely nipping the Z in the 1/4.

I give just as much credit to the engineers that engineer a light weight car as I do to the powertrain engineers

Yup.....in the 1/4. How many GTs do you expect at your local drag strip? It's gonna be funny when guys in their Z06s' pull up next to a GT on the Highway for a little action expecting a close race.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
satx said:
Yup.....in the 1/4. How many GTs do you expect at your local drag strip? It's gonna be funny when guys in their Z06s' pull up next to a GT on the Highway for a little action expecting a close race.

:lol: That's what I'm talkin' about.

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
^ its hard to tell, the GT only trapped 2mph more than the Z06 in that test by the same driver. so thats not too bad. should be close.

and that article had the Z06 as better power to weight.. i think 6.2 compared to 6.3

but look at this.. 3100lbs/450rwhp = 6.88
GT is 3500lbs/535 rwhp = 6.54

so its not too bad of a difference. enough that a GT should pull but it could be close depending on gearing and the roll speed

LS7 is probably not the motor to run boost on

and your justifications for thinking so?

Last edited:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Formula51 said:
You had to find that atleast a little amusing.
Not really my thing
Formula51 said:
Yes, I enjoy debating with people and it certainly has nothing to do with me knowing everything. I do like to think I know a little though. Please note, it is not that I could not refute your statements, but simply that it was not worth it.
ok
Formula51 said:
Grabing the gun and pulling the trigger as I type... BANG! :xpl: Well, now I am typing from heaven and hope you can sleep at night after telling someone to go kill theirself. Seriously man you should ask for forgivness because I am standing next to the big man and he says you arent getting in until you do! hehe....
All in good fun, of course btw what makes you so sure there is a heaven?
Formula51 said:
I'll get started on the world hugger thing and throw in world peace while I am at it. Well I am glad you are getting an education, but perhaps USF sucks at educating as much as they do at football? Only joking man! But seriously, you got killed by NC State and they are terrible. I assume LE is law enforcment? Why do you need to go to college to become a police officer (serious question)? I personally think it is scary to know that you are going to be walking around with a gun after telling me to kill myself. :D What is the Florida FWC?

Good luck with those, they'll likely keep you busy... it is called You Stay Forever... it was disappointing, more because of future recruiting/media crap, we were called the bottom feeders of the big east after we mopped up Louisville, not bad for a 9 year old program I guess...Law enforcement is correct, these days they want college grads(not all but most are going that direction), or you can go military....Fish and Wildlife Commission....
Formula51 said:
If you want to squash this penis contest with me I will agree to do the same and will dig up some numbers and we can have a healthy debate on this. Sound fair?
I did assume that you had the numbers handy, as you must in order to be so sure that the Z06's gas mileage was do to the gearing and weight and completely unrelated to the efficiency of its engine.

Sounds fine to me, the debate is/was getting too drawn out anyways as they tend to do.... have some numbers most of the rest are easily obtainable...
I'll stand by my assertions, that weight, gearing, friction-play the largest role in the mileage,

Good day :burnout:

Last edited:

satx

Banned
Orr89rocz said:
^ its hard to tell, the GT only trapped 2mph more than the Z06 in that test by the same driver. so thats not too bad. should be close.

and that article had the Z06 as better power to weight.. i think 6.2 compared to 6.3

but look at this.. 3100lbs/450rwhp = 6.88
GT is 3500lbs/535 rwhp = 6.54

so its not too bad of a difference. enough that a GT should pull but it could be close depending on gearing and the roll speed

and your justifications for thinking so?

weight becomes less an issues in a roll race so that power to weight ratio doesn't tell you as much as it would from a dig.

as far as the LS7 and boost....there isn't alot of meat between those cylinders and of course you'd have to swap out the pistons for a lower compression ratio.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
^ yep thats a hell of a vid.. not bad

weight becomes less an issues in a roll race so that power to weight ratio doesn't tell you as much as it would from a dig..

it still matters. a LS1 making 350rwhp in a 4000lb truck will not be as fast as a 350rwhp LS1 in a 3000lb vette, with the same T56 tranny and gearing. trap speed is a indicator of power to weight, and gearing is thrown in there. roll racing is about trap speeds for the most part.

and yeah, the Ls7 has n/a pistons in it. for serious boost applications, your gonna want good solid forged lower compression pistons. but still, the block is fine for most power applications most ppl will see. they have 402 Ls2 strokers long and short blocks for sale that can handle 1000 and 1250hp in boosted applications. the Ls7 is said to be stronger block wise than the LS2. the Ls7 is complete different block than the Ls2.

6 PSI + tune car that got a extra 100 rwhp
would you say that 6psi + tune is equivalent or near equivalent to LS7 cam swap and headers? both picked up 100hp more

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
would you say that 6psi + tune is equivalent or near equivalent to LS7 cam swap and headers? both picked up 100hp more

Yea, why wouldn't it be?

If the GTX1 rumor is true (3 PSI pulley increase and rear exit header system gave over 100 rwhp) I'll bet the headers will add over 50 rwhp and similar torque on the GT.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
idk, just tryin to relate supercharged motors to n/a. ppl love to compare them and i guess you can say 6psi over stock is a cam/headers work. anything over 6psi would require a n/a motor to have headwork and then poweradder of somesort.

3psi and headers could be good for 70-80hp maybe. depends on the header design.. you can wrap them up thru the rear deck like the old GT40's, that be sweet adn then you can add some bullet like muffler and be loud and mean sounding at the same time...i cant imagine 3psi making an additional 50hp tho.

and while you mentioned rumor, there is a prototype 500 cubic inch Ls2 out there that is going if not already in production.. special tall deck block for bigger stroke. very expensive tho, but strong..capable of 1000hp+ on the block in power adder applications :thumbsup:

we seriously need to organize a meet between a GT and a Z06. i wanna see these cars go at it head to head..i cant wait. and then get one with mods and see how it goes. 625rwhp GT versus heads/cam/headers/tuned Ls7 that should make 570-580 rwhp all said and done. should be a great matchup

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
Lets take a closer look at Z06 and Viper and settle this efficiency thing.

C6 Z06
gas mileage= 16/26 mpg
weight = 3140lbs
tranny ratios =
1st 2.66
2nd 1.78
3rd 1.30
4th 1.00
5th 0.74
6th 0.50
Final drive 3.42
tire sizes =
Front 275/35 ZR18
Rear 325/30 ZR19
source: www.digitalcorvettes.com

Viper SRT-10 Coupe
gas mileage= 12/20 mpg
weight = 3410lbs
tranny ratios =
1st 2.66
2nd 1.78
3rd 1.30
4th 1.00
5th 0.74
6th 0.50
Final drive 3.07
tire sizes =
Front 275/35 ZR18
Rear 345/30 ZR19
source: www.allpar.com/cars/viper/coupe.html

So, the Viper has the MUCH better overall gearing for gas mileage (city and highway) with a final drive ratio of 3.07 vs. 3.42 and the same tranny gearing as the Z06 yet it gets FAR worse gas mileage!

Remeber that on the highway the weight difference (270lbs) is minimal because the objects are in motion. Also, rolling resistance is relatively insignificant with both cars having the same front tires and the rears of the Viper are only 20mm or about 3/4" wider than the Z06. Without knowing the details of each tires compound we cannot accurately calculate their respective rolling resistances, but from my past analysis I am confident that the difference is negligable.

We are talking about two remarkably similar cars achieving some very different gas mileage. The LS7 appears to account for the majority of the difference. *EDIT*I believe the remainder of the difference will be in the drag force which I will find some time to calculate if you would like.

*EDIT* I just realized those mileage numbers are EPA numbers which means they were obtained on rollers so the difference in drag force between the two cars is absolutely irrelevant when using these numbers for comparison. Thus, we have eliminated a very large variable when trying to determine the impact of the engine efficiency.

Based on the numbers posted, the Viper should achieve equal to better mileage than the Z06 but that is not the case. The reason is the LS7.

E

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread