C6 Z06 vs. FGT vs. SRTC. *Edmunds review*

mustangbee

Established Member
yeah, most ppl could care less about mpg...but its nice to have..its just crazy a car that fast is able to achieve great mpg

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
mustangbee said:
yeah, most ppl could care less about mpg...but its nice to have..its just crazy a car that fast is able to achieve great mpg
I think its crazy GM has managed to keep the car so light, and yet so affordable

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
I mean if you have a 50 lb object and a 5000lb object which one is easier to push? Now perhaps thats dumbing it down to much, as the "energy" to get the objects started is different than in keeping it in motion, but it has an effect no the less.

correct. static friction is based off of the normal force of an object from its surface. the normal force is based on mass*gravity which is weight. so the heavier objects will have greater static friction force. but like you said, once its in motion, it requires less force to keep it in motion.. kinetic friction which is also related to weight directly.

wow this mechanical engineering stuff is getting useful. :thumbsup:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
I think its crazy GM has managed to keep the car so light, and yet so affordable

all the talk about the cheap interiors.... well thats one reason its affordable. i like the interior but compared to the pasta rockets... its cheap.

put the money where it counts........on performance.. keeping power/handling and weight but sacrificing luxary. you want a high class interior, the vette would cost more like 100K.

satx

Banned
Captain Beyond said:
I believe the Z06's top speed is 198 mph. GT's top speed is 205 mph as per Ford. It is electronically limited by it's computer. I believe it went as fast as 213 during testing at Nardo. :burnout:

212 MPH is at redline in the GT......with different gearing the GT would go faster. The GT has much more power than the Z06 which due to the weight doesn't show as much (at least in a short race like1/4). Line the cars up on the highway and you'd see what an extra 100 HP at the tires does for ya! By the way it is not all about Cd but also frontal area which is probably much lower in the GT given it's lack of height.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
i'd figure i'd post this in here too just because the nitrous issue came up

heres one Z06 with stage 3 cam that made 554rwhp on stock tune with Kooks headers, and they added a 150shot.

made 708rwhp, no tune! the graph looks pretty choppy so a tune will likely clean that up and make big gains. these cars are gonna be insane. a 150 shot on a stocker with headers will do 600rwhp.

http://www.horsepowerengineering.com/media/ZO6NOS.wmv

fordification

Established Member
satx said:
212 MPH is at redline in the GT......with different gearing the GT would go faster. The GT has much more power than the Z06 which due to the weight doesn't show as much (at least in a short race like1/4). Line the cars up on the highway and you'd see what an extra 100 HP at the tires does for ya! By the way it is not all about Cd but also frontal area which is probably much lower in the GT given it's lack of height.

kind of interesting. a frontal area difference of 2.2ft. and alot of that in re-routed through the rad and expelled out the hood, and diverted around the windshield.

satx

Banned
fordification said:
kind of interesting. a frontal area difference of 2.2ft. and alot of that in re-routed through the rad and expelled out the hood, and diverted around the windshield.

where did you find the frontal area of the GT?

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
i'd figure i'd post this in here too just because the nitrous issue came up

heres one Z06 with stage 3 cam that made 554rwhp on stock tune with Kooks headers, and they added a 150shot.

made 708rwhp, no tune! the graph looks pretty choppy so a tune will likely clean that up and make big gains. these cars are gonna be insane. a 150 shot on a stocker with headers will do 600rwhp.

http://www.horsepowerengineering.com/media/ZO6NOS.wmv

I was really wondering when someone was going to post that video....Guess it just goes to show what you can do with a good motor and the proper installation methods. Put that against you little GT. And don't say ANYTHING about, "oh, well it has nitrous...." well...."the GT is BLOWN!" not tryin to start an argument, although I KNOW now that i already have.... IMO the GT is not even an attractive car...once again, ONLY MY OPINION.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
lmfao...you registered to post that weak sauce?

6 PSI pulley swap + tune on a GT did 100 rwhp at the wheels increase, on stock filters, stock longblock, and stock exhaust. Thats 640 rwhp with at least another 100 rwhp on the table from a cam swap, rear exit headers, and intake. Then we look at boring the block some for more displacement and then match the head porting up as well. If you think the LS7 is corked then lol...

Nevermind the fact you could throw well over 20 PSI at the GT and NEVERMIND the fact you could also spray on top of all that as well.

Your almighty LS7 ain't got shit till you swap the pistons, then the 11:1 compression is out the door and it's same shit different year from a 408 CID+ LXX FI car. We've seen the results on those already...

Last edited:

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Figured I was starting shit with a Ford loving motorhead. I wasn't trying to say that the GT was a piece of crap....in fact I happen to think that it's a well made machine....all i said was the looks don't appeal to me. I was JOKING about the nitrous and F/I thing. But I did what I was trying to do....I got a rise out of you. I would much rather a Veyron any day of my life. And don't say it doesn't apply, because we ARE talking about "Supercars" and that's about as SUPER as they come. And no, I didn't register just to post that...I registered because I am selling my truck to get a terminator. I respect the shared knowledge of this forum and it seems to be the most involved and beneficial to what I am looking for. (which is not an argument about the LS7 with you) I DO like the C6 Z, but it's out of my price range and so is the aforementioned Bugatti, so the next on my list is a Cobra. There is HEAVY rivalry when it comes to Ford and Chevy trucks as well, so I have to TRY to appreciate the Cobra and with the way some of you Ford people are....its not proving to be very easy to be part of the Ford way of life. You could at LEAST aknowledge my giving credit on a job well done with the Cobra.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
6 PSI pulley swap + tune on a GT did 100 rwhp at the wheels increase, on stock filters, stock longblock, and stock exhaust. Thats 640 rwhp with at least another 100 rwhp on the table from a cam swap, rear exit headers, and intake. Then we look at boring the block some for more displacement and then match the head porting up as well. If you think the LS7 is corked then lol...

its definately a stout engine, but i'm not sure about another 100rwhp on cam and headers/intake. what have some 03-04 terminators do with cams? i only seen one that actually had cams. whose gonna go thru that process anyway? why add cams when you can add another smaller pulley or port the blower?

and i cant wait to see what the LS7 can do under boost. again, changin the rods and pistons will definately be necessary. but to compare a motor built to be naturally aspirated to a motor with forged internals for boosted applications, thats not fair. compare a forged Ls7 to 5.4 GT and it should get interesting. lingenfelter already made 1000hp on a Ls2 C6 vette.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
WhippleBlowJob said:
Figured I was starting shit with a Ford loving motorhead.

Figured you were a troll.

WhippleBlowJob said:
I wasn't trying to say that the GT was a piece of crap....

Right :rollseyes ...from your first post...

WhippleBlowJob said:
Guess it just goes to show what you can do with a good motor and the proper installation methods. Put that against you little GT....

WhippleBlowJob said:
I was JOKING about the nitrous and F/I thing.

Welcome to the internet. When you talk about a "little car" and a "good engine" without putting a disclaimer on it you get a rise out of people, like a good dickteaser would.

And I was hoping you had a response worth a damn :read:

WhippleBlowJob said:
But I did what I was trying to do I got a rise out of you.

Keep my rise coming, I love a "happy ending"

WhippleBlowJob said:
There is HEAVY rivalry when it comes to Ford and Chevy trucks as well, so I have to TRY to appreciate the Cobra and with the way some of you Ford people are....its not proving to be very easy to be part of the Ford way of life.

Then skip the cobra, change your screen name, save your money and buy a vette. Forget the "ford way of life" (lmfao), and adhere to the way you've already presented yourself...it looks like this:

Ls1_God.jpg

WhippleBlowJob said:
You could at LEAST aknowledge my giving credit on a job well done with the Cobra.

What I will acknowledge is that you're a crack fiend; how is someone suppost to acknowledge your BS gloating about a Cobra instantaneously on a message board.

Go back to w/e LXX board your from...

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
what have some 03-04 terminators do with cams?
A tuner just did a 67rwhp/48rwtq increase on cams only, on the same dyno. 03 cobra.

Orr89rocz said:
whose gonna go thru that process anyway?

Someone who wants more power :shrug:

Orr89rocz said:
but to compare a motor built to be naturally aspirated to a motor with forged internals for boosted applications, thats not fair.

Ya I know, hence the weak sauce part in my beginning of my response

Orr89rocz said:
compare a forged Ls7 to 5.4 GT and it should get interesting.

Not really, the only unknown will be the minute gains of the LS7 heads over the LS6 stage 5 or w/e heads...

Orr89rocz said:
lingenfelter already made 1000hp on a Ls2 C6 vette.

VT engines did 1250 at the wheels on a 5.4L DOHC with foxlake stage 2 Navi heads. Fourcam has pictures of ported Navi heads against stock GT heads, quite funny.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Well douchebag.....when someone attacks something that you are fond of (the Ford GT) and then admits afterwards that they were joking....and you still feel the need to bash them in return.....kinda shows a hint of "little penis syndrome". You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and it makes you feel big to talk shit to people on the "internet". I'm not really worried about it however. I already gave credit to the GT and that still was not good enough for you. Seems to me like you feel the need to defend your precious GT as if you give a shit what my opinion of it really is....and the fact that you are "wasting your time" with me....also in turn shows me that I DO get under your skin, otherwise you wouldn't have even responded to my previous statements. I'm not trying to fight with you and your persisting is immature. But if that's how you would like to live....go right on ahead. You are in NO way making me feel or look bad to anyone. And you certainly are not making yourself look cool. But if it helps with your self-esteem tapes and it makes you feel like more of a man, have at it bro. Look, ill even give you some help....YOU ARE SO COOL MAN...(bears repeating).

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
WhippleBlowJob said:
Well douchebag.....when someone attacks something that you are fond of (the Ford GT) and then admits afterwards that they were joking....and you still feel the need to bash them in return.....kinda shows a hint of "little penis syndrome". You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and it makes you feel big to talk shit to people on the "internet". I'm not really worried about it however. I already gave credit to the GT and that still was not good enough for you. Seems to me like you feel the need to defend your precious GT as if you give a shit what my opinion of it really is....and the fact that you are "wasting your time" with me....also in turn shows me that I DO get under your skin, otherwise you wouldn't have even responded to my previous statements. I'm not trying to fight with you and your persisting is immature. But if that's how you would like to live....go right on ahead. You are in NO way making me feel or look bad to anyone. And you certainly are not making yourself look cool. But if it helps with your self-esteem tapes and it makes you feel like more of a man, have at it bro. Look, ill even give you some help....YOU ARE SO COOL MAN...(bears repeating).

IF YOU'RE HERE JUST TYO START SHIT, YOU WON'T BE HERE LONG.
CLEAR?

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
Dear Mr. Lightning,

If you read my FIRST post....you will clearly see that I was making a joke and directly admitted it. I gave the GT its due credit and was STILL bashed for it. Maybe you are directing your repremand in the wrong direction?

Users who are viewing this thread