c6 z06 vs LP 560 Gallardo in Oman

Oman_cobra

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caijh0WHdw4"]YouTube - Gallardo LP560 vs Corvette C6 Z06 , Race in Oman[/ame]

oman911turbo, again, brings some good runs....

PS ; sorry if it is a repost, i have searched several pages in this forum, & couldn't find it

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
The C6 Z06 was in the wrong rpm band and did not seem like he wanted to shift fast or try to race for that matter. The Lambo sounded amazing and got down

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Both cars are nice but I expected the Vette to come up short against the Lambo.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
The C6 Z06 was in the wrong rpm band and did not seem like he wanted to shift fast or try to race for that matter. The Lambo sounded amazing and got down

Doesn't seem like it to me.. The first race sounded like he was in 2nd @ 6Xmph, (100KM). If he was in the wrong gear it would have been very obvious. The LP560 is a monster, especially at high rolling speeds.

To give you an idea..The LP560 is even faster than the new GT2...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l56ZxHKPbTs"]YouTube - Porsche 997 GT2 vs Corvette C6 Z06 in Oman.[/ame]

1.8t

Established Member
Not saying the Vette should have won, but it DEFINITELY shouldn't have been walked that bad.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Doesn't seem like it to me.. The first race sounded like he was in 2nd @ 6Xmph, (100KM). If he was in the wrong gear it would have been very obvious.

:Edit: Thats weird because the 2nd vid he started from (120KM) which is ~72mph and it took him from 45 sec marker to 53 second marker to shift to 3rd @ 88mph .. and into 4th @ 58.5 sec marker. which is 124mph.

Someone please explain to me how a 505hp car goes from 72mph -88mph in 8 seconds and 88-124mph in 5.5 seconds without foul play?

The dudes foot was a little light @ the begginning of the run.. no C6z takes 8 seconds to get out of second even from 20 mph roll!

Nothing for nothing but a stock LP560 isn't putting 4 busses on a C6z from a highway kick of 70 roll, let alone pulling that hard from the getgo...

somethings array.

Not saying the Vette should have won, but it DEFINITELY shouldn't have been walked that bad.

Bingo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread