c6z vs 13 5.0

ArabianOak

Established Member
Was coming home from dinner Saturday night when I had a c6z start riding my ass. I had a passenger in the car. I wasn't sure it was a z until the guy finally found room and floored it past me.

Young kid driving. I ended up catching the light with him moments later and he had bone thugs n harmony blasting. He gave me a very dirty look and started revving the z up to high hell.

Knowing I should lose this race by a good margin, I pulled a cheater move and very slowly started rolling right before the light turned. Once green I floored it and saw him nail it as well. He was spinning pretty good according to my passenger.

By the beginning of 3rd I was 4-5 lengths on him. I was in shock but knew I didn't get a perfectly fair race either. He wasn't reeling me in at all during that race though....

I end up needing to turn left at the next light and he gets behind me. I look in my side mirror and boy does this kid look pissed....lol. this left turn ends up going into 3 lanes so I knew he was definitely going to try again.

Light turns green and I pick far right lane. I go wot immediately and this time by the time I'm into 3rd he's about 2-3 lengths behind me. We both had to slow down due to cars ahead of us.

I looked over at him moments later and he looked very butthurt.

My passenger and me were both surprised by the outcome but as everyone knows, it's always a driver's race!

He appeared stock, my mods are in my sig.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
He has 10+ mph trap over you plus the additional weight advantage because of your passenger. I would chaulk this up as you beating the driver.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Young kid, probably his daddys car. I dont think he traps 10mph faster than my current set up....there119-122 stock right?

ramstein

Established Member
anything can happen on a street lol I pulled on a stock c6ZO6 from a dig in my stockish terminator a while back. I also lost once to a modded turbo disel truck towing a Jeep srt8 in my c6 lol I hope you are not seriously thinking your 5.0 can give any competition to c6zo6..:beer:

Dark_5.0

Established Member
Z06's rarely get good track times. I go to the track quite often. Most Z06's are on street tires cause they are afraid to break shit. I beat several Z06's in my H/C/I vortech'd 92LX before doing the Coyote swap. Z06's trap 118-120mph where I am at @3000ft+. As previously stated lots of high HP cars run 14's. Some people cant drive or don't set there car up to put the power down.

There was a carshow at the local 1/8th mile track a couple years ago. They talked a ZR1 and a couple Lambo's into making some exhibition passes. Both were in the 8's with high trap speeds.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I will be the first to admit, that this kid COULD NOT DRIVE the car. I have driven my friends full bolt-on and cammed Z06 several times and even did a youtube video of the insane acceleration it had (link below) But stock I thought they were high teens low 120's...guess not!

40-100ish...yes the video is very short cause it didn't take long!!

C6Z - YouTube

blackvette101

Established Member
Young kid, probably his daddys car. I dont think he traps 10mph faster than my current set up....there119-122 stock right?

I think it's 122-125 with the average being 124 mph. From what I usually see at sea level. It's definitely possible to beat anything on the street. It also could have been a grand sport. It seems like 9 out of 10 widebody vettes I see are GS's. And the only cosmetic difference is the front fenders.

Last edited:

doctorv8

Established Member

Here in Houston at sea level I went 125 mph bone stock, and 131 with bolt ons. Either the kid couldn't drive, or it was a Grand Sport....(or both)

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill. I'm sure that kid had no clue how to tame that beast on the street. What good is 500hp if you put 150 of it up in smoke?

stangfreak

Established Member
I already knew the 5.0 was going to win before I entered. Anyway, doctorv8 are those all your cars that you own? Wow !

turd burglar

Established Member
If he's on stock run flats, I believe it. My buddies bone stock c6z would blow the tires off till about 90 if you stood on it and didn't modulate the throttle.

Users who are viewing this thread